2014 January Rainbows

That is great news Rachel! What a little miracle. Welcome to team blue and I'm so happy that everything is ok. What an awful scare!!

Rachel wow what a roller coaster but glad everything is ok :hugs: and yay!!! For blue

Emmy Im so excited now too, we bought a few things yesterday and although we won't be able to get any of my bosses things it's more shopping for me LOL.

Ladies am feeling a bit emotional and need some advice I think this is where I would get some understanding...
A "friend" I meet through here has had many losses she had asked me to let her know how my apt went so I said everything was good but was shocked it was a boy as I insisted I felt girl, am truly am happy, but she called me ungrateful bc I said it took a minute for it to sink in. I didn't mean it in a bad way I had just been so sure it was a girl. Needless to say she's no longer wanting to talk to me bc of all the "silly" boy/girl talk.

Am I wrong? I'm not disappointed am having a son am really looking forward to it especially now that I know he's a he I can bond better than just saying the baby I can say my son:) I might be over reacting but it just hurt my feelings

Oh Rachael how scary I am so happy that everything turned out good though. What a little miracle you have there. Congrats on team :blue:

Oh goodness what an awful scare Rachel! SO glad your little miracle baby is perfectly OK <3 Also congrats on the baby boy! <3 :) :yipee:

Rachel wow what a roller coaster but glad everything is ok :hugs: and yay!!! For blue

Emmy Im so excited now too, we bought a few things yesterday and although we won't be able to get any of my bosses things it's more shopping for me LOL.

Ladies am feeling a bit emotional and need some advice I think this is where I would get some understanding...
A "friend" I meet through here has had many losses she had asked me to let her know how my apt went so I said everything was good but was shocked it was a boy as I insisted I felt girl, am truly am happy, but she called me ungrateful bc I said it took a minute for it to sink in. I didn't mean it in a bad way I had just been so sure it was a girl. Needless to say she's no longer wanting to talk to me bc of all the "silly" boy/girl talk.

Am I wrong? I'm not disappointed am having a son am really looking forward to it especially now that I know he's a he I can bond better than just saying the baby I can say my son:) I might be over reacting but it just hurt my feelings

Lucy you may have seen on my journal that I wote about similar feelings when I found out he's a boy. I wasn't disappointed but I was shocked and at first a little sad that I wouldn't be buying the things I had seen or using the name I had picked out. It wasn't because I wanted a girl and only a girl, it was because I just felt so sure it would be a girl. I felt a bit guilty for admitting that because obviously I am just so over the moon that he is healthy and gorgeous. Once I got over the shock I am so attached to my little boy I wouldn't want it any other way, I bought new things and picked a new name and am completely in love as I'm sure you are too. I don't think you did anything wrong I understand what you meant, but so many women are going through so much heartache on here, they are angry at their situation and don't know where to direct it. We all know too well how upsetting and hard ttc can be when it doesn't work out. In the same way there are women who are blissfully unaware of the hard journey's some of us have had to be pregnant,unaware of the heartache of miscarriage etc who probably moan about things we may see as trivial. :shrug:
Your friend is having a hard time by the sounds of it and it is hard to see other people getting everything you so badly want for yourself, but this is still your little miracle don't let anyone make you feel bad for your experience, enjoy your pregnancy Lucy xx

Is anyone staying team yellow? I want a surprise.
I think if you have a preference its best to stay team yellow, as then when you see your baby you will fall in love instantly regardless of the sex

Just an idea xx

Lucy try not to let it bother you. I totally agree with Emmy's post. I think sometimes people get caught up in their own experience and may have a hard time understanding yours. I think it's completely natural to be surprised by the results of your ultrasound given that you were so sure it was a girl. Keep positive and enjoy shopping for your little man!!! Yay blue!! :)

Lucy I understand what your saying we have yet to find out and I know I will be happy either way. OH wants a girl there are grandkids already on both sides of his family 1 has a boy and 1 has twin girls so either way we won't be a first on either side. I keep thinking it's a boy based on the fact I haven't had much ms or been really moody but I can see what your saying about feeling one way and finding out another it's not that your not happy it's just not what was expect and you have to shift gears a little. :hugs:

Lucy I totally agree with what the other ladies have said. You did nothing wrong! Some ladies going through hard times have a difficult time dealing with people who have what they want so badly and sometimes perceive being surprised about gender as being ungrateful. I've felt the same way at times after we lost our baby in August last year, so I can totally get where she is coming from, but you are definitely not in the wrong here at all and there is nothing wrong with being surprised that your baby is a different gender than you had imagined. :hugs:

Thanks ladies she actually removed me as a friend, I'm hurt that she took it so wrong bc I didn't mean it in a bad way, I m totally in love with my son and going out shopping for boys things has been great I can't wait to meet him

Now that I know he's a boy calling him by his name has made it so much more real cant stop talking about my little man LOL

Hi Lucy. Dont let this situation cloud your happy moment of finding out what you are baking and the excitement of doing all that shopping!! I agree with the other ladies that you have not done anything wrong, its just that yr friend is in a bad space at the moment, so give her time and i am sure she will come around. Otherwise pliz enjoy this moment of yr Pregnancy.

Sorry she took it so wrong :( But don't let that take away your joy about your son <3 I know exactly what you mean, ever since I found out Hayley was a girl I haven't been able to stop talking about her <3 I just LOVE saying "Hayley's kicking" or "she moved" or something like that. :) Feels so real now! <3

Markswife exactly I do the same thing and if I want something I tell my hubby your son wants...... Works every time :haha:

My hubby loves camouflaged jeans today he found some baby things at the store and his smile just made my day we decided to name him Alexander my hubby nicknamed him Lucas bc his grandma who's passed used to call him that, so sweet :)

Yay on team blue Lucy!!!! Soooooo excited for you!! :blue:

Wow Rachel! That's so fantastic! What a miracle!

Soo happy for everyone! :happydance:

Markswife exactly I do the same thing and if I want something I tell my hubby your son wants...... Works every time :haha:

My hubby loves camouflaged jeans today he found some baby things at the store and his smile just made my day we decided to name him Alexander my hubby nicknamed him Lucas bc his grandma who's passed used to call him that, so sweet :)

LOL! I tell DH that "Hayley wants it" and he'll give in ;) LOL! Men are so funny! :haha:

Well ladies, I am happy to report that while sitting on the couch today I finally felt her! Didn't feel like butterflies or popcorn, lol, but rather a foot/hand/bum something grazing me. It was wonderful! It has happened a couple of times. :)

And!! I felt a rather strange lump on my right side..pretty low down. Yet, nothing on the left...I poked and prodded slightly only to realize that it must be baby...I'm thinking it may have been her little bum. After a short while of poking it disappeared! Great things happening! Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring! :happydance:

Anyways, just thought I'd share the exciting news!

Aaw young how exciting !!!! Can't wait to feel real movement too am lost there lol indeed great things are happening congrats :)

Omg Young the same thing happened to me just last night! I was lying in bed and felt this pressure in my tummy so I felt it and there was this hard lump on the side of my tummy so I got OH to feel t and we were both prodding it and then it moved!! And the hard lump went away. So that must have been baby right?? I feel flutters but I have an anterior placenta so I think it will be a bit longer before I feel a proper kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->