2014 January Rainbows

Definitely Baby Emmy! And I, too, have an anterior placenta. But I am thinking that it must be prety high up considering the movements (although very light) are happening considerably low down.. I can't wait for you to tell us when you feel movements! :) I have to say that it makes the whole "carrying a baby" experience that much more "real". :happydance:

I feel flutters in all kinds of places, down low, up by my belly button, left and right! So who knows :shrug: they did say my placenta had moved up at last scan, away from my cervix so maybe it's all baby down on the sides where I felt the lump

Young how exciting!!!! <3 I can't wait to feel baby girl from the outside! :)

Hayley is moving a lot at the moment <3 LOVE it! <3

Hello Ladies! It's very quiet in here! I'm hoping that means that everyone is doing well! Any updates? Baby bumps? Scans? Anything? Miss hearing from ya'll!

Hey Young I've been busy organizing our room and getting rid of things I feel like am running out of time LOL

and the best thing is that I've been shopping tons for Ivan. Did I tell you guys that I changed the name we had liked Alexander but then we did the whole calling him or yelling at him (if he's anything like his daddy LOL) and it just didn't fit so we had to rethink the whole name well we kept the middle name as we are using hubby's name as a middle name. we decided on Ivan and it just feels right but I have promised to stay away from looking at names LOL

Very cute Lucy! Gosh, we've barely started organizing Violet's room. lol

we're sharing our room with Ivan so we got a ton of crap to get rid of LOL we have to make room for his crib. I had had everything picked out for a girl and thought that changing over to boy was going to be hard but I have found it really easy and have picked everything out for him :)

my hubby goes back to work soon and that means am going to be getting most of the things I want then or rather the bigger things :)

We have been busy busy working on Hayley's nursery! :) <3 :yipee: We got it all painted, just have to finish off the molding and get bedding, get her changing table put in there (we pick it up this weekend), and finish putting decor up <3 It is looking preeeeetttty!!!

aaw markswife you are going to have to post some pics of the nursery once it's done I want to buy the crib soon but my hubby is making me wait at least two more months :( am getting wall decals which he might let me buy sooner we need to get a tv mount to hang our tv up and get rid of a desk am tired just writing down all that needs to be done LOL

he goes back to work next week so i might end up doing most of the things on my own well not the heavy things but the organizing i want things done a certain way LOL

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been a bit hit and miss lately. DH and I decided to go away to the coast for a few days to get over last weeks drama, really needed some quiet time after all the stress. Back now and must say the wifi withdrawal was getting to me lol.
I e got lots to catch up on.
Lucy- I agree with the others- the lady/friend is obviously distressed about her situation and wrongly taking it out on you. You did nothing wrong lovely. Your feelings are understandable and like you and Emmy I was totally convinced our little man was a girl and still can't quite believe he's a boy! But I love him and want him more than anything- just takes a little brain adjustment!! Even my hubby said he felt a bit weird about it because I'd convinced him it was a girl!!
Love that everyone has thought of names. We are currently jokingly calling our baby Thorbjørn. Its a Norwegians name (dh is norwegian and we're a bilingual family) it kinda means warrior bear/ strong bear. He won't be named that but after the ups and downs he's definitely my little warrior!
I can feel him moving all the time, especially after food! DH felt him kick yesterday too- so nice for him.
Ok I've rambled lots now. Hope everyone is well xxx
:hugs:

Thanks Lucy <3 I will post pics when it is done! I'm SO excited with how it is turning out and it is SO much fun decorating it now that we know its a girl! <3

Rachel glad to see your back and when are you getting a ticker? LOL I am very in love with my little man I'm starting to feel him more which I really love :)

Markswife yes it's def more fun knowing who am shopping for :) my little man is going to have tons of clothes if I don't control myself LOL

Haha, I haven't bought too many clothing items for baby girl yet, but I can't wait to do some big time shopping for her! This girl is going to have so many clothes, lol! Between what we buy and what her grandparents buy for her (she is the first grandchild on both sides of the family), and hand-me-downs from friends with girls. LOL!

Markswife- Violet is also the first grandchild on both sides. My mother called me just this afternoon telling me about the booties and dresses that she bought already.,lol

my best friend and mom came over Sunday to discuss the baby shower. We are making it coed because I am friends with a lot of my husbands friends. We are having a BBQ..(babyq) lol it'll be in November, but we aren't too worried about the weather considering we live in a very warm Florida climate lol

Rachel- you do need a ticker! Lol

I love hearing all the great names for the kiddos. How did you ladies come up with them? My hubby and I had the hardest time picking my sons name so I'm sure it'll be the same this time around. We are on 2 different planets!! We do have the middle name picked though, Ryan (my hubby's name). I need some help!!!! Oh and my son's name is Carter :)

For Violet's name I didn't do a lot of searching. I LOVE the color purple and one day DH randomly suggested Violet and it stuck! We had other names as well, but none as strong as Violet. Boys names....That's a whole nother story!! Can't agree on ANYTHING!! Happy she's a girl this time around so we don't have to argue! lol But I really like parentsconnect.com for baby names. There is a section where people who actually have that name give their opinions...can be VERY helpful!

GASP!! Baby's a CANTALOUPE today?!?!?! That's Massive!!! Oh my!!

Happy cantaloupe Young!!!!!

Megan for girls we had picked my moms name she passed away a long time ago and we like the middle for girl bc of the meaning

Now for boys we had liked Alexander but when we tried calling it out it just didn't fit so I went on line and looked at Spanish names we loved the meaning of Ivan so we tried it out and love it. We had to make sure you can say it in English and Spanish with out of sounding harsh and the middle name is my hubby's first name. :) I kind of felt I needed to find a name ASAP bc my SIL is having a boy too he's coming in Nov. but luckily they haven't chosen a name but I told her Ivan is off limits LOL

I'm planning on getting a ticker after my official 20 week scan on Friday!!! Young- I'm a cantaloupe tomorrow too- cant believe how big that is-though there is definitely no hiding that I'm pregnant now!! :blush:
DH and I need to pick a name that crosses over English and Norwegian- that's much harder for a boy than a girl. We will probably move back to Norway in a few years so i want the name to be recognisable there too. Need to get a book!!
Lucy- aleksander is one of the names that crosses over so that's definitely on our list!
I've not bought anything yet- again I may dip my toe in the pond after my scan- I've gone a bit nervous again after last week. Hope I can get back to enjoying things again soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->