2014 May Rainbows

Still have to get DH to put the car seat in. I don't know why he just won't do it. Today we had brilliant weather so no excuses, really. I also reminded him he needs to decide what he wants to bring along when it's time to have the baby. I think it's just easier if he's in charge of his own stuff. Relatives in the city will be watching DS which is so nice and convenient. DH will be able to run back and forth between the hospital and their place to help watch him and make sure he's behaving. Also easier to bring DS to the hospital to visit his mummy and new little sister. And I might end up in a shared room again so DH can stay there at night. He did that last time too.

Urgh. Been cramping all afternoon and evening but it's definitely BH. The ones this afternoon were pretty intense actually, and had me getting a bit worked up, but then had a clear out in the bathroom and they settled in my usual BH. So no real intense cramps but resting and drinking water haven't settled them. It's just frustrating. With DS I had only one real bout of false labour and with this one I've had several. Even though I know it's false labour I keep getting excited and hopeful that it will morph into early labour. But it never does. It's still a bit early but I'm getting so impatient. I hate being teased.

We are planning on a date night tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be our last chance to go to the cinemas in a long time.

Starry I'm 38+5 now and DH STILL hasn't packed his bag!!! And I'm being induced Tuesday. He doesn't think he needs anything. I'm not babysitting him so he'll have to live and learn!! We are having the car seat inspected tomorrow, plus I will be setting up the bassinet. We are going to put in an order for the last few items we need (I have 10% off from one store). I'm thinking of making some cookies too for after the birth. Just to have in the house. Toss them in the freezer :).

The anti sleeping continues :/. I wake up every night after 2-3 hours of sleep and am wide awake for 2-3 hours. Then I might get another 2hours before I can't take it anymore and get up. So frustrating!! Everyone is like 'get all the sleep you cN now' but I'm trying and it's just not happening!! Any tips???

I don't know if I have any sleep tips but my insomnia really has not been too bad the past several weeks. The only thing I can think of is I drink a lot of milk before bed as that still helps the most with my heart burn. I think milk is supposed to help make you sleepy. But I'm not sure about that. I do wake up loads to go to the bathroom but lately I've been getting back to sleep quickly. Nightmares still give me insomnia though.:wacko: It might even be the weather as DH and DS have been sleeping in a lot too.

Do you have to have your car seat inspected in Ontario? In Manitoba it's still optional as far as I am aware. We don't even live close to anywhere that would be available to do it for us.

I actually slept ok last night. I wake up to pee and then have a very hard time getting back to sleep. I'm wondering if it's just the excitement/ anxiety of being so close :) generally I'm a 'asleep as soon as I hit the pillow and only wake to my alarm' kinda girl. This started with the now sleep about two weeks ago :/

I know that if you get pulled over and your car seat is not installed properly they will ticket you... I'm not sure if it's checked at the hospital or not. We found a local store doing a free check today so were heading there. Otherwise I hear some police stations and all fire stations will check for you. Some places charge for it though :/

We lucked out as this week is apparently 'car seat safety week' so more clinics than usual :)

That was lucky! Thankfully, the car seat manuals come with specific instructions on how to install them to Canadian standards. We didn't have any real problems last time. For the first week we noticed the seat was at a really strong angle so we had to fix the mistake but it was good after that.

Hey ladies!!

Baby Nancy arrived at 12.08 am weighing 7lb 4ozs she is absolutely beautiful and we are so in love with her!! I am still in hospital because I am experiencing the most incredible pains in my stomach so have had to have two scans and we just waiting on results.
I actually think it is wind which sounds so silly as the pain I was in was unbearable much worse than labour!!
Which brings me onto my labour! My waters broke as I was lying in bed, they actually popped I heard and felt them go! That was 9.30 contractions started about 5 mins apart and very quickly got closer so we decided to head straight to hospital. Got to hospital asked for an epidural straight away as I didn't want to do it natural this time so they put that in but unfortunately didn't have time to work as she was born shortly after!! So I did it natural in the end anyway lol so the whole thing from start to finish was 2 1/2 hours!! That's pretty quick!!
She is feeding well and seems pretty settled!!
So that's me. Will try and attach a photo xxx

Doctors just been back result of the scan is there is blood in my womb!! So waiting to find out what they going to do, maybe an op to sort it but got to stay in for the time being

Can't upload a photo for now will do it once I'm home xxx

Wow! Congratulations, nats! :happydance::happydance: So glad she finally came and you didn't have to get induced. But wow, that was FAST!!! I hope the doctors quickly sort the issue with blood in your womb and you can get on the road to recovery. Take care and don't worry about updating until you're absolutely ready.

Stories of fast labours scare me so much. Makes me think I'm going to have to rush to the hospital at first sign of real labour with the hospital being 1 1/2 hours away and needing to detour to the sitter's first. Thankfully, they only live 1 minute's drive off the main road to the hospital and have an extra car seat so we don't have to use up time uninstalling his seat.

Nats Congratulations! That is mighty fast! Wow. My family is fast, my brother was the exact same as you... Water just popped, then 3 hours later baby. Lol. I'm so glad we live close. I'm guessing maybe a D&C for the blood? It had it for our mmc and it wasn't difficult. Only about 20 min procedure. They did out me out for it, but not everyone gets put out. Fingers crossed they sort it out quickly :)

Starry.... Our car seat was super easy to install.... Basically clip in the hooks to the loops in the car. Pull the strap... Then it has two handles to level it (with a level built in). We passed with flying colours and DH is very proud that he did it correctly :). We did learn about the clearance of the car seat from the front seat (a hand must fit between) and being that we both drive small cars, the passenger seat is not the most comfortable place with car seat in, but oh well :/

AFM feeling super tired these past few days... Not sleeping the best... Needing a nap every day just to make it to dinner. Yesterday I pushed through without the nap and slept better... Not up as much and easier to get back to sleep... Likely try that again today.... But I often end up with a headache if I push through too muCh :/. Definite going to have to nap once baby is here! We did a big grocery shop today, stocked up the cupboards, etc. and I packed a cooler of snacks. The hospital recommends you bring some as availability of food is limited if labour is at night... So that's done! This afternoon I'm going to put some hooks up in the nursery for the diaper bag, etc and assemble the stand for our bassinet. So close!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

To all those celebrating today :)

I once read that a woman becomes a mother the moment that test turns positive and I truly believe it!!! So we are all mamas although at various stages :). I hope someone takes the time to show you how much you are appreciated for EVERYTHING you do and have done from the moment you got your first bfp until now :)

Happy Mother's Day. :flower:

I had the most convincing bout of false labour yet last night during our date. It stressed me out so much because it started during dinner and got worse at the start of the movie. The cramps weren't super bad though they did hurt a little. Grabbed DH's hand a few times! The scariest was I felt this horrible pressure down below and felt like I was "opening up". I mean, I was only 15 minutes away from our hospital but DS and all of our stuff was 1 1/2 hours away at home (a local teen was watching DS). Showing up with only my health card was freaking me out. By the end of the movie it had slowed down and by the time we got home it had essentially stopped.

Feeling a rather bit discouraged and even frustrated as it seems I'm going to be cramping my way to 42 weeks. I just know it. The baby has it in for me. :wacko:

The bright side is DH was so freaked out he installed the car seat even though it was almost midnight by the time we got home. :haha:

Starry that last bit actually made me laugh out loud :).

I've been cramping for two weeks or so now and if not being induced I'd still have a week and a half to go :/. No one warned me about that!! I'd heard of false labour but thought it was more like less intense contractions that lasted a few hours. Not this constant on/ off cramping !! Ugh.

So looking forward to Tuesday. (Well actually Wednesday when it's all over lol)

This is my second time and I still had no idea you could get this much false labour. I did get BH with my son but they were so random and intermittent. I only had one or two real bouts of false labour towards the end. I did get two bouts of false labour when I was 18 and 19 weeks pregnant with him which was scary but I also had placenta issues at the time.

This pregnancy has been very different. Though last night I remembered that it had also started out very crampy and painful so I guess it makes sense it would end that way.

I keep checking in to see who has had their babies. Congrats nats!

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Arya got moved to a different hospital than the one I delivered her at the day after she was born. I was able to get my doctors to discharge me a day early so I was able to go with her. It sucked the first day but I am starting to heal now and feel better. Arya is doing really well. She no longer needs to be in the NICU but we have to wait until a room opens up to move her. She basically just needs to finish her antibiotics which should be Thursday.

Schultzie- so glad to hear she is doing well!!! Come on Thursday :)

Hopefully by then our lo will be here :) being induced Tuesday really hope baby comes quick.

schultzie - glad that you can be in the same hospital as the baby again. That must been so hard when you were separated. Glad to hear she's responding well to the medication. Hope you both get to go home soon.

sunny - your baby is going to be here very soon!

I hope everyone comes to this thread to visit so I won't be all alone! ha ha Baby really has it in for me so don't expect any news until June 12 when I can finally get induced. Yeesh.

CONGRATULATIONS NATS!! :wohoo:

I'm catching up because I wasn't getting updates once again! :dohh:

We got out car seat in the weekend before baby came! :argh:

Schultzie: Having a baby in the hospital is rough. I was up and walking all over the children's hospital days after my cs with DS1. It was horrible! Then we landed a few overnight stays too.

Babies will be coming soon! Can't wait to do some updates! :bunny:

Schultzie if you give me LO's info I'll update the front page. I'm sorry I missed adding it in already :hugs:

We have a sitter for a couple hrs Friday bc it's DH's bday. No clue what we are doing yet. Hopefully I can figure something out. I'd rly like to make it nice for him.

Excited for tomorrow, my appointment is for 2:15 and hopefully he puts the gel after my internal! I really hope that's all I need to get this show on the road.... Heard that pitocin can be nasty stuff...

DH thinks we'll have the baby before midnight tomorrow and he'll have his birthday on the 13th.... I think he'll come early Wednesday morning.... So the 14th :)

Praying it doesn't take longer! Lol. Doctor said we'd have a baby by the weekend, but that seems quite a long time if inducing Tuesday afternoon.... :/

Good luck to all, in case I disappear for a few days ;)

Good luck, Sunny! I hope your induction works quickly, but really, a baby by the weekend is really, really soon!

afm - my end of pregnancy hormones have kicked in. They were triggered by all the rude people I kept (literally) bumping into out in public today. Normally my trips to the city are my only chances to be out and about and escape my cabin fever but within an hour I was done and ready to go home. I was bawling in the middle of the mall and people STILL were getting in my way and just not being considerate. I cried almost the whole way home and poor DS kept saying "Mommy crying, Mommy crying". Blah.

I really hope my baby decides to come on time. I just don't know how I could possibly handle going 2 weeks overdue.

Starry I've been ridiculously teary the past two weeks. Every commercial, song, anything!!!! Mother's Day was crazy. Must have cried most of the day. lol. We're in the home stretch!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->