2014 May Rainbows

dairy i am so sorry that you have t go through this. i am here anytime you want to talk or just need someone to listen. massive hugs your way.

MORE insurance problems. They still won't give me my insurance until the mw sees me and gives me an edd and says how many fetuses. Wtf? How am I supposed to do that if they won't cover an u/s?

are you on state insurance? they do require that but if you get it dne like oct 1 or after and get them the paperwork with proof of pregnancy they should reimburse you or the scan center

Oh no Dairy :hugs: I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Didn't get a proper update like I normally do :( I'm sorry you have to go through this.

dairy - I am so sorry you are going through this again. It really isn't fair. I do hope you get things sorted with your health and you can get your sticky bean. :hugs:

darlin - yikes, that sounds like a real hassle with the insurance. It does seem you're going to have to pay for the scan out of pocket and then get the insurance company reimburse you. When I had some private insurance through work that was how it always worked. We paid for the appointment out of pocket and then you sent the list of receipts to the insurance company and they would reimburse you. The only thing they covered up front for me were my dental appointments and prescriptions.

I hope you get it all straightened out.

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if they will accept a private scan. I can have that done for $75. Otherwise it is thousands of dollars that I don't have to pay upfront. Esp if for some odd reason I get denied for the insurance and it doesn't get reimbursed. I made an appt for tomorrow night for the private one. I know they will accept an u/s pic from the dr. The private place is run by a dr.

If it's done by a medical professional then I should think the insurance would accept it! It's not like it would be one of those "for fun" places that do the 3D scans or simply tell the gender. I agree that it would be better to go that route. It also makes you wonder how a private place can afford to do a scan for $75 when one in the hospital would be thousands.

Well it is a "for fun" place but they have to be run by a doctor here ;)

even with the scan most insurances don't accept that. you have to get a scan and then have a dr midwife or nurse read it and give you a proof of pregnancy that should state that you are pregnant and edd

Well at this point they aren't giving me much choice :dohh: My mom suggested if they won't to call my gp, explain what's going on and have him request an u/s at the hospital because they always bill you later. But I don't even know if that would work!

I had to go to the er for pain and my old ob read the us and wrote me the paperwork needed

Finally!!! As I suspected it was a receptionist error. There is this one receptionist at the office who is a COMPLETE moron! I called the insurance on e more time and received the same billing number. The way the insurance works is the 1st 30days it's medicaid, then turns into Molina. I explained this to the receptionist. Well apparently she was entering my billing number as Molina and not as medicaid. And because she wouldn't talk to me and basically expected me to do everything I didn't know she was being that dumb. She just wasn't listening I guess. I called today and spoke to a wonderful woman named Maria who fixed everything :happydance: She says she has me updated in the system and everything will be covered on their end unless something changes on my end, like it gets cancelled. That shouldn't happen though because the insurance said it's good for the month of October :winkwink: From now on I ask for Maria :thumbup:

darlin - that is such a relief!! It explains why things were so screwy. I am glad things are sorted now and you know who to go to when you have clerical and logistical questions.

How crazy is that tho that I got turned away from my appt simply because the receptionist didn't know what she was doing? I was actually covered on my end last week even though she said I wasn't.

Sorry dairy, my heart breaks for you 😟 I hope your ok xx

Thanks for the support ladies. You have no idea how much it means to me right now.

Well yesterday wasn't what I'd hoped it would be. The spotting stopped after a half hour and the cramping stayed mild (but period-like) until mid-afternoon when I took a painkiller. Then nothing. Nada. Then this morning, I started spotting red, pink, and brown so I called the dr right away. Mentioned some of my cramping yesterday was one-sided and I was worried about an ectopic. Let me tell you, I've never gotten a dr to move that quick before. I'm going for my u/s this afternoon to see what's going on but I know it'll confirm a miscarriage. My bleeding is picking up and I'm starting to get achy and crampy again. I think it's taking longer to m/c this time because I'm on the progesterone. Just so ready to have this whole process over with so I can get back to healing. :cry:

Good luck at your appointment later Dairymomma :hugs: I hope you are able to get the answers you need and be able to move on to the nest stage whatever that may be.

Just called to cancel my first OB appt and the receptionist made me feel a teensy bit better. She said she had 15-20 m/c herself. Most of them were before she had her oldest (she now has 4 kids) so she knows what I'm going thru, she's thinking of me, and she's glad I have two kids to help comfort me right now. She also said I have a great attitude despite it all. She was really kind and even wondered if I wanted to schedule an appt just to talk to the dr. I just wanted to reach thru the phone and give her a hug because she made me smile.

@dairy, it is so nice when medical professionals are like that! It is the number one reason I left my OB is because the receptionist was so cold and uncaring.
Good luck with your scan!! My fingers are crossed for you.

Dairymomma, I'm so glad you have some support through this. I will be thinking of you in this difficult time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->