**!! 2015 Christmas Bargain Thread !!**

I've not managed to get as many bargains but i'm not sure if thats because my oldest is more select with what he wants or i've learned not to buy for the sake of it or i simply don't have the money to take up on bargains this year.

I feel there are a real lack of bargains this year! Anyone else?!

I've had a few but they've been few and far between. The Argos 3 for 2, the smyths £6 off £15 spend, the Sainsbury's toy sale and a new look 15% off code is really the best I've done. Oh and the wilkinson toy sale I got some toot toot stuff marginally reduced.

Oh and today I went in ikea and with my ikea family card they'd got a £10 off £70 spend voucher so I got a bigger kallax unit to accommodate the influx of Christmas toys we're sure to get!

I feel like I've done well as I've not paid full price or I've found deals on everything but I feel I've definitely done better in previous years.

ive not paid full price for anything, a lot of that down to the Smyth's sale, eBay and top cashback spends

I haven't paid RRP for anything either. A lot has been down to camelcamelcamel and deals

Dh is currently scouring the web ready to spend £1000 on a TV and ps4 with some kind of big Star Wars bundle. Please someone tell me somewhere is having this amazing sale where we'll get a good Panasonic 4k (is that a thing?) 48/50" TV with ps4 for less!! Preferably £500 less! :dohh:
Can save you £100-150
Argos - £539 for 48" or £549 for 50"
Game - £329.99 ps4 1TB or £299.99 500GB

Wait for Black Friday.

Thanks smartie, I'll show him tonight. He started on very but pretty happy spending that, will have enough left over to get it wall mounted in time for Christmas too. It's creeping up now!

If you have a credit account with Very then it will save you the outright cost but cost you more in the long run. Could always go for BNPL if you have enough on the account and pay over 6m-1yr.

We've got the money set aside and reserved the TV to pick up tomorrow from Argos and have a bloke coming at 4 to price up wall mounting the one we have downstairs in our room and the new one in the lounge and putting the wires behind the wall. We have a droid box, bluray player, router and bt box we'd need mounting with it so i may drag him to ikea to get a long shelf for below it. Would that work?

I'm gutted tbh as he wants to get rid of my beautiful oak TV cabinet and shelf/draw thing and I adore them. And not to mention I have to have both walls repainted before Thursday so they're ready. And I haven't even started with the testers yet!
The only down side to wires behind a wall is that you're restricted to move anything. But a floating shelf looks more neater than having a shelving unit/bookcase thing. I wouldn't mount the router though.

Depending on positioning of the TV you could still use your TV cabinet to hold the bits if wires are long enough and go for the wire casing instead to hide the wires and either paint it or leave it as the colour you've chosen.

Men have to be complicated :haha:

They so are! :haha:

The guy was lovely, He's just messaged dh with 20% off the price he quoted me (knowing we were definitely going with him) and said he'd be sending some business our way as he needs some new printed workwear for his guys!

Still a bit undecided about what to do with the wires but looking forward to getting them up where they can't be whacked by small children!

Not sure if anyone else has posted but Tesco have20% off major named gift cards x I got my niece a £25 new look voucher for £20 x

My youngest keeps talking about a big big big iron man that he wants for Xmas, apparently it's big up to sky :)D) any idea where I can buy a bigger than average one please? X

Not sure if anyone else has posted but Tesco have20% off major named gift cards x I got my niece a £25 new look voucher for £20 x

My youngest keeps talking about a big big big iron man that he wants for Xmas, apparently it's big up to sky :)D) any idea where I can buy a bigger than average one please? X

Asda have this iron man that you put the action figure inside it's £35 though and exclusive to Asda I looked at it the other day and thought its basically just a plastic shell but it is very big!

The iron man Titan hero is the biggest iron man I've seen-though he's nowhere near to the sky :winkwink:

Dh is currently scouring the web ready to spend £1000 on a TV and ps4 with some kind of big Star Wars bundle. Please someone tell me somewhere is having this amazing sale where we'll get a good Panasonic 4k (is that a thing?) 48/50" TV with ps4 for less!! Preferably £500 less! :dohh:
Can save you £100-150
Argos - £539 for 48" or £549 for 50"
Game - £329.99 ps4 1TB or £299.99 500GB

Wait for Black Friday.

Thanks smartie, I'll show him tonight. He started on very but pretty happy spending that, will have enough left over to get it wall mounted in time for Christmas too. It's creeping up now!

If you have a credit account with Very then it will save you the outright cost but cost you more in the long run. Could always go for BNPL if you have enough on the account and pay over 6m-1yr.

We've got the money set aside and reserved the TV to pick up tomorrow from Argos and have a bloke coming at 4 to price up wall mounting the one we have downstairs in our room and the new one in the lounge and putting the wires behind the wall. We have a droid box, bluray player, router and bt box we'd need mounting with it so i may drag him to ikea to get a long shelf for below it. Would that work?

I'm gutted tbh as he wants to get rid of my beautiful oak TV cabinet and shelf/draw thing and I adore them. And not to mention I have to have both walls repainted before Thursday so they're ready. And I haven't even started with the testers yet!
The only down side to wires behind a wall is that you're restricted to move anything. But a floating shelf looks more neater than having a shelving unit/bookcase thing. I wouldn't mount the router though.

Depending on positioning of the TV you could still use your TV cabinet to hold the bits if wires are long enough and go for the wire casing instead to hide the wires and either paint it or leave it as the colour you've chosen.

Men have to be complicated :haha:

They so are! :haha:

The guy was lovely, He's just messaged dh with 20% off the price he quoted me (knowing we were definitely going with him) and said he'd be sending some business our way as he needs some new printed workwear for his guys!

Still a bit undecided about what to do with the wires but looking forward to getting them up where they can't be whacked by small children!

We wall mounted our TV in the dining room and bedroom and go casing for the wire from B&Q, much easier than hiding behind the wall and looks like part of the wall, can't be dealing with trailing wires!

I've just bought my last present so I am signing off! (Don't want to be tempted lol)

email from poundland
might be good for stocking fillers/toy donations etc

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p741/jennywren10322/izk25diOD6N9_zpswcqeelwx.jpg

:thumbup:

newlook 20% off between 7-10pm tonight

full price items only

https://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p741/jennywren10322/1r8WR1AmDO20_zpszlacjq0d.jpg

:thumbup:

Anyone know where I can get a cheap hexbug but specify colour

Not sure if this is cheap or the right thing but it fits the description of hex bug and blue :thumbup:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/hexbug...gclid=CL6nxNebk8kCFVEYGwod9iEJ7Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think I am done. Yet I keep coming back to this post. Last time I did I ended up with a 2ds for OH. Great thread that has helped me loads this year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->