- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I still can't find mine on a doppler, frustrating but i just have to go on the fact i have seen it at 8 and 12 weeks.

I cried the first time because I couldn't find anything. Then I went back and told myself to be patient and keep trying. When I take a deep breath in and my belly looks Fuller, nothing picks up. I got a glimpse of the heartbeat while exhaling: ). So then I tried taking milder breaths and sticking my tummy in (kinda chunky tummy) and bam I heard it. Don't give up, just keep trying

Also, try in the middle about 2-3 inches below your belly button and slowly move it to left or to the right... Once you find a slow swooshing sound (people say coming from the placenta) it means you are close to finding that heartbeat....

Oh yes i get the swooshing, and i feel i am so close but just not quite getting there. I feel like i can tell the baby is moving but i just can't quite focus on him or her! My uterus is tilted so maybe that makes it harder?

Once you found it move slowly and by putting a little pressure on the entire sides of the probe on the same area or close to it that's how i do mine. Heard the heartbeat the first time using it at 11w4d. I know you'll find it, very sooooooon.....

I have a tilted uterus too and I have been able to find the baby everyday since 11+2. Your uterus is supposed to "untilt" around 12 weeks. If you're finding the placenta, keep the wand in that spot but try rotating it or tilting it at different angles. Baby is usually right around there. It's really easy to miss it because you can hear it loud and clear and then lose it if you literally barely tilt or move it. Use lots of gel. Make sure you're down low too. I find it just barely above my pubic bone. Sometimes I have to angle it down under the pubic bone to pick it up. It took me a long time to find it but once I did, it was easy. You learn where they hang out and I find it within a few seconds now.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding the hb, hope you find it soon :) I found mine quite early on to begin with but there has been more than one occasion since where I've been absolutely unable to find it and other times where I've briefly heard it for 5-10 secs and then no matter how long I try for afterwards I can't find it again - they're so tricky sometimes.

For me, I definitely find it easiest to find the hb with both an empty stomach and an empty bladder and usually find it about 2-3 inches below the belly button with the probe tilted so that it's pointed slightly downwards rather than straight onto my tummy.

My baby's hb is definitely near the placenta, sometimes I can hear the swooshing sound and if I listen really closely I can hear a very faint HB behind it like the placenta is drowning it out, which makes it harder. Usually I find the placenta first then wiggle the probe very slowly in that area to find the heartbeat - not just from left to right though, with me the angle of the probe definitely makes a difference as well.

Felt quite hormonal today. I sobbed at the end of 'Elf' where the Christmas spirit makes Santa's sleigh fly. :haha: God im a wreck.

Last time I was pregnant I got really over emotional at adverts on TV. There was one which was to sponsor old donkeys which broke my heart but some were even funny adverts. I'm an embarrassment x

Ohhh tell me about it! Cry about every thing at the minute. Stupid hormones :doh: xx

Felt quite hormonal today. I sobbed at the end of 'Elf' where the Christmas spirit makes Santa's sleigh fly. :haha: God im a wreck.

Last time I was pregnant I got really over emotional at adverts on TV. There was one which was to sponsor old donkeys which broke my heart but some were even funny adverts. I'm an embarrassment x

I donated to the donkeys as well last time i was pregnant! hormones hey!

The swooshing sound is also from the big arteries going down to your legs (femoral artery).

Yes, I hear those too sometimes but it's very far to the left or the right. Whooshing anywhere else is likely placenta and I think they sound slightly different. I've seen videos where lots of people mistake the artery for the baby.

Beadette, it's definitely not just you - I've been crying at everything! DH finds my crying at TV Programmes and things hilarious... then I usually get more worked up and cry more :blush:

Beadette, it's definitely not just you - I've been crying at everything! DH finds my crying at TV Programmes and things hilarious... then I usually get more worked up and cry more :blush:

Yep I Defo know that feeling haha. I think TV ads are the worst at the minute!! :dohh: xx

:flower:
Yes, I hear those too sometimes but it's very far to the left or the right. Whooshing anywhere else is likely placenta and I think they sound slightly different. I've seen videos where lots of people mistake the artery for the baby.

would the arteries beat sound the same as the babies heartbeat? I would be pissed if I've been hearing the wrong thing this whole time like a Dumbo.

would the arteries beat sound the same as the babies heartbeat? I would be pissed if I've been hearing the wrong thing this whole time like a Dumbo.

the artery is like a swoosh sound, can tell its just under the skin, where as HB is more like a deep echoey noise. apparently is compared to galloping horse hooves! its ust a completly different tone all together. you will defo know it when you hear it
i put the dopler on my chest to listen to my own HB to gauge the speed, babies will be like double the rate

the artery is like a swoosh sound, can tell its just under the skin, where as HB is more like a deep echoey noise. apparently is compared to galloping horse hooves! its ust a completly different tone all together. you will defo know it when you hear it
i put the dopler on my chest to listen to my own HB to gauge the speed, babies will be like double the rate
Ty. And That's acute ultrasound pic in ur avi

No, the arteries will sound more like a whooshing. The baby's heartbeat will be fast and sound like a galloping horse or something. The baby's heartbeat is definitely recognizable once you find it. You won't hear anything else like it in there. This video on youtube points out the different sounds you'll hear like artery, placenta and baby. This was at 10 weeks so the baby's heartbeat was pretty fast. It's usually slowed down a bit by now if you're a bit farther along so it may not sound that fast but it'll sound similar. Mine has slowed down into the 140s lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYHyjn4Sg0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->