- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Yay Smoore :happydance:

I cannot imagine how cool it must be to know that by Wednesday you'll be loving up your little girl!!

That's great news smoore.... :dance: Praying everything goes smoothly and you and your little girl will be safe.

:happydance: Yayyyy smoore that's amazing. Wishing you the very best and hope LO arrives safe and sound xx
Only a tiny bit jealous over here like...........but glad ur finally getting to meet ur LO ha ha

Thank you everyone! I'm nervous and oh so ready to get her here safely! It still doesn't seem real after our late loss last time that she is coming home with us! I can't wait to hold her in my arms!

What kind of camping did you do MissFox? In a tent? In a park? How did you manage with a one week old baby?

I hope all goes well smoore! And same to you Sarah :)

I'm going to hold out as long as I can to avoid any medical inductions. I have my first NST and bio-physical this Friday (a few days early) so we'll make a plan from there. If the doctors thinks a sweep would be helpful I may opt for one then; I think my midwife feels that the sweeps will help move things along, but I figured I'd at least wait until Friday (40+5).
Or maybe I won't make it till Friday :) Could be a long week :p

We went camping in a tent at a campground at the lake. It was warm so we weren't too cold at night. I coslept with the baby and my husband to keep her the warmest. I also brought the rock and play as well as bouncy chair. Hubby was awesome and I didn't have to do much. We went with our friends who had their baby two days before I did and their two older children. Really the guys were just great at letting us be moms to the new babies. All of our kids have gone camping within two months of birth- this was the earliest by far! Though I think it being my third really helped lol

Hope the induction goes smoothly!

As far as sweeps go- I've had them with each kid and they aren't too bad :)

We went camping in a tent at a campground at the lake. It was warm so we weren't too cold at night. I coslept with the baby and my husband to keep her the warmest. I also brought the rock and play as well as bouncy chair. Hubby was awesome and I didn't have to do much. We went with our friends who had their baby two days before I did and their two older children. Really the guys were just great at letting us be moms to the new babies. All of our kids have gone camping within two months of birth- this was the earliest by far! Though I think it being my third really helped lol

Awesome! I really want to take my baby camping as soon as possible, but this being my first I figured I'd probably have a lot to learn/get adjusted to at home first.

My oldest was 6 weeks. It was a very cold weekend too. We struggled at night to keep her warm. It is doable. I wouldn't have gone with a 5 day old if I wasn't already comfortable with it. We also used to live off the grid in the middle of the woods so we basically lived camping for a couple years

Wow that's amazing that you had such a great time camping with a new born baby, really take my hat off to you. I've only been a twice with OH's older children and man was it tough! Air bed popped so slept on the ground and hadn't been out of surgery long so body really took a battering.
Think next time it will be a caravan haha! Or some glamping in yurts or tipees haha

Hoping all goes well for you today smoore, I'm so excited for more pics and baby stories haha

Tree root : I really wanna stay away from medical induction too, the thought petrifies me, although my best friend had all her 3 by induction with nothing more than paracetamol and a few gulps of gas and air at the end! Although she said it made her vomit but also made baby arrive in 4mins haha!

My consultant suggested not seeing MW now till day after I'm due for a sweep if needs be but got an appointment booked for the 15 that I actually plan on keeping and asking for a sweep then, if my body holds up that long, struggled to get up the stairs and into bed last night, body has really given up on me, strange to get such bad pain and a feeling of numbness at the same time.
I joked yesterday with a friend that I'm suprised I haven't needed a wheel chair up to now, as with my disability I really thought it could be a possibility at some point, think that time might be now

Hey :hi: just a quick update to say that baby is finally here! Well when I say finally the labour was actually scarily quick! Too tired to work it out but it was only about 4 hours! :shock: she was born at 6:38 am and weighs a tiny 6.05lb <3 I will update more but probably in a few days time haha , I hope everyone else is doing okay <3

Here she is Lily Marie Daly <3 I'm so so in love already <3

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/661/0nSvH6.jpg

:yipee: New PERFECT baby!!!!! Congratulations Sarah.... So happy everything went well.... Lily Marie Daly is so beautiful.... <3

Thank you everyone! I'm nervous and oh so ready to get her here safely! It still doesn't seem real after our late loss last time that she is coming home with us! I can't wait to hold her in my arms!

I would be nervous too but I'm sure excitement will totally take over. Good luck for today :flower:

What kind of camping did you do MissFox? In a tent? In a park? How did you manage with a one week old baby?

I hope all goes well smoore! And same to you Sarah :)

I'm going to hold out as long as I can to avoid any medical inductions. I have my first NST and bio-physical this Friday (a few days early) so we'll make a plan from there. If the doctors thinks a sweep would be helpful I may opt for one then; I think my midwife feels that the sweeps will help move things along, but I figured I'd at least wait until Friday (40+5).
Or maybe I won't make it till Friday :) Could be a long week :p

I also want to avoid medical inductions. I've seen good stories about them but I've seen more where it ended in c-sections because the mom's body just wasn't ready to have the baby yet.

Hopefully you won't need to wait till Friday - come on baby :dance:

Hope the induction goes smoothly!

As far as sweeps go- I've had them with each kid and they aren't too bad :)

That sounds amazing!!! I love camping minus spiders of course :haha:

Wow that's amazing that you had such a great time camping with a new born baby, really take my hat off to you. I've only been a twice with OH's older children and man was it tough! Air bed popped so slept on the ground and hadn't been out of surgery long so body really took a battering.
Think next time it will be a caravan haha! Or some glamping in yurts or tipees haha

Hoping all goes well for you today smoore, I'm so excited for more pics and baby stories haha

Tree root : I really wanna stay away from medical induction too, the thought petrifies me, although my best friend had all her 3 by induction with nothing more than paracetamol and a few gulps of gas and air at the end! Although she said it made her vomit but also made baby arrive in 4mins haha!

My consultant suggested not seeing MW now till day after I'm due for a sweep if needs be but got an appointment booked for the 15 that I actually plan on keeping and asking for a sweep then, if my body holds up that long, struggled to get up the stairs and into bed last night, body has really given up on me, strange to get such bad pain and a feeling of numbness at the same time.
I joked yesterday with a friend that I'm suprised I haven't needed a wheel chair up to now, as with my disability I really thought it could be a possibility at some point, think that time might be now

You are a trooper, Pink!! :hugs:

Oh and when you went up the stairs did you do it sideways?? :rofl:

AFM:
Having side stitch pains today on my right side. It is there constantly so I'm assuming that the source of the pain is maybe the way Matthew is lying.

I tried to lie down to see if it would get better and OMG did I think I was going to die! It hurt like crazy so got up as fast as I could.

I got somebody to help me clean the house today and she is AMAZING! I will love her forever for helping. I did all the laundry and probably overdid it there as the pain started getting worse after that. She is helping with moving furniture, dusting, deep cleaning etc.

So by the end of the day the nursery is done already, my cell phone will be here and the house will be spotless! Then all I have to do is relax :sleep:

Hey :hi: just a quick update to say that baby is finally here! Well when I say finally the labour was actually scarily quick! Too tired to work it out but it was only about 4 hours! :shock: she was born at 6:38 am and weighs a tiny 6.05lb <3 I will update more but probably in a few days time haha , I hope everyone else is doing okay <3

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/300x200q90/661/0nSvH6.jpg

I could kick myself - I totally missed this one :dohh:

HUGE congrats!!! She is soooo beautiful!!

Awww Sarah she's beautiful! Congratulations :cloud9: hope all is well with you both and your home in no time

Awww wunna I think it sounds as though u need to relax, don't be over doing it haha!
Yeah I tried up the stairs sideways and I felt a bit daft, and it was a bit painful so only gonna do it maybe once or twice a day, not every time I go up stairs haha

Oh, glad you finally tried it Pink. Sorry it was painful though but like wunna said, whatever that brings labour is welcome... :D

BTW i love you r bump/boob cast.... Can't wait to see when it's done.

Well yeah will be worth it If it works haha! I think pretty much anything is gonna hurt now but can't be any worse than labour it's self so gotta just put up or shut up as they say haha!

Aww thanks mdscpa, gotta get a bit more plaster to strengthen it up a bit, the kit was only very basic and designed for some one much more petite I think but atleast we got the shape and got it done before she arrived haha! Been putting it off every day for a week.
Then will sand it down and paint it bronze!
OH said about putting it in the dining room but not sure I'm comfortable with my boob on display in a room that's prob second most used in the house haha! And not sure how kids and their mum would feel about it so may just have to put it in baby's room
How's your contractions coming on?

I'm sure it'll be perfect once finished. But i don't agree with putting it in the kitchen though :haha: but it's fine :thumbup: in the baby's room...

As for this morning's 1-hour contractions timing, intervals were all over the place again still I got some less than 5 minutes. The new things were the duration, got a couple of less than 2 minutes.

Planning on timing once in the morning, afternoon and evening.

https://i60.tinypic.com/29uul50.jpg

So many congrats! She is gorgeous!

We also used to live off the grid in the middle of the woods so we basically lived camping for a couple years

Very cool :) (I'm a little jealous :haha:)
I think we'll probably wait for camping till August when the bugs are less anyway. Baby will be a couple months old which will be perfect I think.

I really hope you get some relief Pink, ongoing pain is no fun :nope:

I'm not feeling too great myself this morning. Might have the most mildest of cramps (so mild I just feel off/gassy-ish). Who knows, could be a slow start to something. Oh ya, I have had very light pink/brown tinge when wiping as well, once or twice a day. Not sure if it's some delayed spotting from my cervix check last week, or again...the slow start to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->