- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Treeroot, FX the pink/brown tinge means labour is just around the corner....

Hi ladies! Just to let you all know I had my little boy via c section on Friday the 5th of June at 9.19am. He was taken strait to special care and put on a ventilator as he didn't want to breathe by himself, on Saturday they switched him to cpap machine and he began to improve. After brain scans, anti seizure mediation and lots of special care he was finally allowed his first cuddle with mummy at 48 hours old. Yesterday he was returned to my bedside where he still is now. We will be here until at least Friday he has another brain scan that afternoon. He was born a healthy 7lb2oz and has dropped down to 6lb4oz and will be weighed again on Wednesday. Unfortunately I had to give up Breast feeding on consultant advice because of my bipolar medication. They are not sure what caused his breathing problems but think it's withdrawl from my tablets. He is on 4 hourly observations at the moment. I am doing ok, I'm exhausted and in quite a lot of pain, I lost a bit of blood during surgery and recovery is much slower than with the girls but I'm just happy to have a healthy baby. Introducing my brave little boy Kitt Anthony John Batchelor!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
A few pictures! Day one on the ventilator

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 5
Day 2 off the ventilator and on to CPAP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
Our one a donkey chance at breast feeding

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 12
Aww miley he's lovely. And looks a great size for his weight! Hope you both continue to improve

FX'd for you tree root that pink is start of something!!

Ohhh mdscpa I hope these contractions get them selves together and baby makes much awaited arival!! Desperate for some more beautiful pics :cloud9:

He's such a gorgeous boy Miley... FX you two get better soon....

Pink, i'm getting so impatient already.... I guess June babies forgot what month we are in right now... :haha:

Not really sure how long I can keep up and being on ML make's the waiting more cruel.... FX we have our LOs before the end of the week....

I'd really love for them to arrive by the end of the week!
Yeah can imagine ML has made the wait harder, I'm much more used to having all day to fill haha

He's precious Miley :) So glad you finally got cuddles in, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

After my 6am wake up, I went upstairs to watch a movie. Can't remember if I was able to sleep again or not, but felt better by noon. (Funny how feeling better at this stage is not necessarily a good thing!) Discharge increased ever-so-slightly, so hopefully it's an indication that I'll have an arrival by the end of the week.
Guess I feel emotionally crappy though 'cause all I've eaten is peanut putter on toast, dill pickle chips and ice cream :blush:

Hi ladies! Just to let you all know I had my little boy via c section on Friday the 5th of June at 9.19am. He was taken strait to special care and put on a ventilator as he didn't want to breathe by himself, on Saturday they switched him to cpap machine and he began to improve. After brain scans, anti seizure mediation and lots of special care he was finally allowed his first cuddle with mummy at 48 hours old. Yesterday he was returned to my bedside where he still is now. We will be here until at least Friday he has another brain scan that afternoon. He was born a healthy 7lb2oz and has dropped down to 6lb4oz and will be weighed again on Wednesday. Unfortunately I had to give up Breast feeding on consultant advice because of my bipolar medication. They are not sure what caused his breathing problems but think it's withdrawl from my tablets. He is on 4 hourly observations at the moment. I am doing ok, I'm exhausted and in quite a lot of pain, I lost a bit of blood during surgery and recovery is much slower than with the girls but I'm just happy to have a healthy baby. Introducing my brave little boy Kitt Anthony John Batchelor!

:hi: Kitt
What a brave and beautiful boy you have - HUGE congrats Miley!!!

I hope you two get better real soon :hugs:

He's precious Miley :) So glad you finally got cuddles in, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

After my 6am wake up, I went upstairs to watch a movie. Can't remember if I was able to sleep again or not, but felt better by noon. (Funny how feeling better at this stage is not necessarily a good thing!) Discharge increased ever-so-slightly, so hopefully it's an indication that I'll have an arrival by the end of the week.
Guess I feel emotionally crappy though 'cause all I've eaten is peanut putter on toast, dill pickle chips and ice cream :blush:

I know right... I felt good last night as well and was like... "uhm laobur obviously isn't coming any time soon" :haha:

I bounced on my birthing ball while we had load shedding last night and when the power came back on I realised I've been bouncing for 2 hours. I'll do a pic for you ladies a bit later but if I'm not mistaken my bump had a MAJOR drop. I was soooooo comfortable after, like no back ache (only tailbone was sore) and no pressure in my pelvis. Then I noticed my bump :shock:

Hi ladies, we just got back home from our appointment, yeah, no Adam yet... Good news Adam is measuring on track and really head-down and engaged. Bad news CERVIX IS CLOSE and we're looking at 40% possibility of CS. My doc told us that the baby is large for my pelvis that he is measuring like arab babies in my small body... He asked us if we really have decided to give birth there coz if it turns into CS it's gonna be costly and we can try other hospitals nearby.... Told him we have decided long ago that this will be hospital... He assured me that they will try normal delivery but if it's really the case we dont have a choice but to do the operation. Praying my body will do it's thing and i deliver vaginally. DH is a bit upset because it means a possibility of not being in the room with me seeing his first child have his first breath....

Md - I replied in your journal :hugs:

AFM:
I really don't think I'm imagining this drop... there is tons of space between my bump and boobs now

https://i.imgur.com/z614m9rl.jpg

Don't know if this comparison pic helps any?? It is 36 weeks and then today at 37+4

https://i.imgur.com/pB1kKZF.jpg

Awww mdscpa I'm so sorry it wasnt the news you was expecting! And will keep my FX'd little Adam comes naturally.
I've got a really awful feeling I'm gonna end up with cs as consultant thinks baby is going to be big :(
I'm dubious but suppose they have to get it right some of the time......
It's not good that ur DH won't be there, I thought you could have 1 person in with u.
I can't due to having GA but normally you can be accompanied.

Wunna: I'd Defo say there was a drop in ur bump, mine did it weeks ago and I'm still waiting tho :(
Every pain and twinge is now starting to get on my nerves as upto now they have meant nothing!

COME ON BABIES!!!!!!
Us mummies are sick of waiting

Congratulations, Miley!! So many bubs being born now ^_^

Mdspca - I'm sorry for the bad news. It's annoying when people say "a baby is never too big to give birth too" despite not taking the mothers bone structure into account and only the case of vagunal stretching. Have you tried rolling your hips back and forth on your ball to widen your bones softly?

Not looking good for me atm for VBAC :( baby is laid OP (back to back) and I'm +3 engaged so MW didn't want to do the sweep as it'd be worse option to go into labour in that position and would result in a caesarean. So she's seeing me again at 39+6 and if she's turned, give the sweep then although it should be at 40+7 for second time mums but it ready's me for induction at 40+3 with another sweep. Supposed to have had MW app at 36w too but nothing. So not booked for 2 appointments. If i want an ELC then have to tell MW and she'll get me booked in asap.

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for mdscpa.

Well, I made it through the night, almost 6am now. But I have what I assume are contractions...I'm not a huge fan lol. Was able to sleep pretty well last night, but some were getting more then uncomfortable. If they increase in intensity over the day then it looks like I'll actually be getting close. We shall see.
I feel kind of weird about it...is this seriously happening? I'm not sure if I should recommend DH stay home or not (I'll need him well rested too!).

Practicing breathing through one right now...

Awww mdscpa I'm so sorry it wasnt the news you was expecting! And will keep my FX'd little Adam comes naturally.
I've got a really awful feeling I'm gonna end up with cs as consultant thinks baby is going to be big :(
I'm dubious but suppose they have to get it right some of the time......
It's not good that ur DH won't be there, I thought you could have 1 person in with u.
I can't due to having GA but normally you can be accompanied.

Wunna: I'd Defo say there was a drop in ur bump, mine did it weeks ago and I'm still waiting tho :(
Every pain and twinge is now starting to get on my nerves as upto now they have meant nothing!

COME ON BABIES!!!!!!
Us mummies are sick of waiting

Here is to hoping that you won't need c-section either :hugs:

AGREED! Come on BABIES!!! :happydance:

Congratulations, Miley!! So many bubs being born now ^_^

Mdspca - I'm sorry for the bad news. It's annoying when people say "a baby is never too big to give birth too" despite not taking the mothers bone structure into account and only the case of vagunal stretching. Have you tried rolling your hips back and forth on your ball to widen your bones softly?

Not looking good for me atm for VBAC :( baby is laid OP (back to back) and I'm +3 engaged so MW didn't want to do the sweep as it'd be worse option to go into labour in that position and would result in a caesarean. So she's seeing me again at 39+6 and if she's turned, give the sweep then although it should be at 40+7 for second time mums but it ready's me for induction at 40+3 with another sweep. Supposed to have had MW app at 36w too but nothing. So not booked for 2 appointments. If i want an ELC then have to tell MW and she'll get me booked in asap.

I hope baby turns before your next appointment so that you can do your VBAC! Are you going to try some of the spinning baby moves to get her to move?

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for mdscpa.

Well, I made it through the night, almost 6am now. But I have what I assume are contractions...I'm not a huge fan lol. Was able to sleep pretty well last night, but some were getting more then uncomfortable. If they increase in intensity over the day then it looks like I'll actually be getting close. We shall see.
I feel kind of weird about it...is this seriously happening? I'm not sure if I should recommend DH stay home or not (I'll need him well rested too!).

Practicing breathing through one right now...

Oooh having to breathe through them sounds like they are progressing. FX it is baby time for you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->