2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

bdb, best of luck to you hon, Im really hoping its good news for you!! let us know asap

mommasquirrel.. no, don't have another scheduled just yet.. will likely wait to see what the midwife recommends, since I had this one done at nearly 7 weeks, so an 8 week scan now wont be much more helpful.. will prob just wait til 12 weeks.. can't even imagine making it that far.. its so unreal lol

Good morning, ladies. My appointment is in 3 hours. I just want good news so I can finally embrace this pregnancy. If I'm far enough along to find a heart beat, then I may finally make the news public. I've only known for 3 weeks; yet I feel like it's been months that I've known.

Good luck! Are you having a scan today?

Swampmaiden - when I saw your profile picture, it reminded me of a stork dropping a baby to someone :haha: Cute!

Just a quick post before I attempt to catch up after being away since Friday! I went for my scan today and everything was fine! Such a huge relief, especially as my sickness stopped out of nowhere at the weekend and it's scared me a bit! Baby measured 9 weeks and 1 day, so due on March 3rd now. I've got a picture of my little blob :haha: but it's not a great picture, I'll try to get it on here today :happydance:

Edit: just to add, I was also told today that I have a heart shaped uterus?! I have no idea what this means really, so will have to get on Google and find out but it's surprised me that this is baby number 3, pregnancy number 8, I've had so many scans for cysts on my ovaries too etc, I'm at the grand old age of 28 and this hasn't been picked up until now!

Good morning, ladies. My appointment is in 3 hours. I just want good news so I can finally embrace this pregnancy. If I'm far enough along to find a heart beat, then I may finally make the news public. I've only known for 3 weeks; yet I feel like it's been months that I've known.

I feel the exact same way

Just a quick post before I attempt to catch up after being away since Friday! I went for my scan today and everything was fine! Such a huge relief, especially as my sickness stopped out of nowhere at the weekend and it's scared me a bit! Baby measured 9 weeks and 1 day, so due on March 3rd now. I've got a picture of my little blob :haha: but it's not a great picture, I'll try to get it on here today :happydance:

Edit: just to add, I was also told today that I have a heart shaped uterus?! I have no idea what this means really, so will have to get on Google and find out but it's surprised me that this is baby number 3, pregnancy number 8, I've had so many scans for cysts on my ovaries too etc, I'm at the grand old age of 28 and this hasn't been picked up until now!

Aww heart shaped! Haha, sounds cute. I've never heard of that. I have a retroverted uterus. Which I think explains why I had so much back labor pains with my son.

i'm afraid i looked it up as i had never heard of it, but its quite interesting really, and even more interesting that this is baby number 3 and no one realised!!

i found this wiki page about it :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicornuate_uterus

Good luck at the scan bdb84

Cute gender reveal ideas!! I'm thinking to be team yellow but always cave:haha:

Congrats loozle!!:happydance:

I don't think I'm patient enough to do the envelope secret gender reveal thing. Waiting til 20 weeks is long enough! It's a cute idea, though.

We really didn't want to tell mom til after our first ultrasound (she's not on my list of people I want to talk to if things go wrong), but she just emailed to ask if we want to get dinner this week. Tempted to just make plans and tell her. I guess I could put her off til next week, but she has some stuff at her house I need to pick up.

i think every dr should have a u/s in thir office because if they couldnt find hb he did a u/s and made me feel at ease now where ill be going they dont have and its always hard to get the hb so i really hope they find it and not make me wait it will drive me insane

I love all the gender reveal ideas too! I feel like I'll probably need to know instantly though haha

Good luck! Are you having a scan today?

Yes, I am! <3 One more hour to go.

I'm glad your scan went well!

i think every dr should have a u/s in thir office because if they couldnt find hb he did a u/s and made me feel at ease now where ill be going they dont have and its always hard to get the hb so i really hope they find it and not make me wait it will drive me insane

I agree! My midwife group contracts with an ultrasound company, so they're at the office two days a week. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover their ultrasound company, so even if I was there on the right day (which I never will be, unless DH's work schedule changes), I still have to make appointments off-site. It's kind of a pain, but I really liked them at the first appointment, so I guess I'll deal with it.

So took a picture today to compare...left is 22 weeks with my son and right is #2 at 6 weeks. Everyone's making bets on how many in there. What turns!!

It is common to show earlier in subsequent pregnancies. Plus a lot of it is probably bloating at 6 weeks. I feel like I am already looking 5 months pregnant right now too, but the ultrasound tech says there is only one baby in there (though my mom still thinks there is another one hiding). With my twins, I did start really showing around 12 weeks though. :wink wink:
Do you have an ultrasound coming up that can satisfy your curiosity?

Eek, exciting! Make sure you update us x

I don't think I'm patient enough to do the envelope secret gender reveal thing. Waiting til 20 weeks is long enough! It's a cute idea, though.

We really didn't want to tell mom til after our first ultrasound (she's not on my list of people I want to talk to if things go wrong), but she just emailed to ask if we want to get dinner this week. Tempted to just make plans and tell her. I guess I could put her off til next week, but she has some stuff at her house I need to pick up.

there is a 4d ultrasound studio around here & for like $100 they can do a gender scan at 16 weeks- I think I'm going to save up for that!

Good morning! So kind of a weird question. I'm having a lot of watery discharge. Is this a pregnancy thing, or could it be bv? Does anyone have a history of this?

Question: When do you ladies feel it's "safe" to baby celebrate? (baby dance is SO TTC :) haha) I had some spotting in the first few weeks. But I haven't spotted for a week. I have an ultrasound on the 5th. Should I just wait until then? Just to be safe?

Oh, I am SO ANNOYED. I scheduled my ultrasound for Tuesday instead of taking the first available because that's DH's day off. He just emailed to tell me that because some of the doctors at his practice are taking days off, he's working Tuesday and off Friday next week. Raaaaaaar.

Question: When do you ladies feel it's "safe" to baby celebrate? (baby dance is SO TTC :) haha) I had some spotting in the first few weeks. But I haven't spotted for a week. I have an ultrasound on the 5th. Should I just wait until then? Just to be safe?

I am waiting for my ultrasound on Friday. I don't think I will fully believe there is a healthy baby until I see a heartbeat. After that, I will feel much better when I can feel it move!

DH & I have been 'baby celebrating' regardless, although my drive isn't as near where it was. It was the same in first tri when carrying my daughter. I have read MWs if you've bled then wait til scan but I guess it's what you're comfortable with. I wiped fresh blood once a few weeks back but it hasn't returned x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->