2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Scan went well. Just one little bean in there. Measuring right on track so my EDD is not changing. I didn't have to have a full bladder, but it did fill up while I was waiting ha!

Happenstance the bleeding must be terrifying but I am so glad you got to see your happy, healthy little baby. FX the bleeding will stop soon so you can enjoy your pregnancy.

Bookity yay for baby measuring right on dates!

Arm- woohoo I am a prune, I am officially 10 weeks :)

Cute pics Bookity!! <3

Okay, this may be a silly question. Is it strange to have an OB AND a midwife? What exactly does a midwife do? Are they supposed to replace a regular doctor?

Aww, what a cute little bean!

My midwife replaces a regular OB. She works with a practice of four midwives (I actually cycle through all of them and deliver with whoever's on call, but I've only met one so far). Unless I go high risk for some reason, I stick with the midwives, deliver with the midwives, and don't see an OB at all beyond a consultation with the OB they partner with for legal reasons. If anything happens at the birth that requires an OB, like having to have a c-section, their partner OB takes over the actual birth but the midwife stays around for support. I think I could, potentially, see an OB and a midwife if I needed more complex care but also like the personal touch of a midwife, but I'm really not sure. I usually hear about people seeing either an OB or a midwife, not both.

Yeah, I went to my normal doctor for my first pre-natal and I have one more with them, and then I get transferred over to the midwives. Midwives are experts in low risk, normal pregnancies, so there wouldn't really need to be an OB unless there are complications.

I have at least one more appointment (tomorrow!) with my regular doctor and then she turns me over to either midwives (if I ever get on with one! Wait lists suck!) or an OB which I am assuming she will give me a list of some to check out when I am there tomorrow.

My first appointment is tomorrow! I'm super excited. Not sure what to expect since this is our first!

great scans ladies, and Im so glad fo those of you who have been worried and had some reassurance that everything is going great in there! :happydance:

MrsKChicago.. thats exactly what Im doing too, with midwives! Theres about 3 of them at the practice, and they just cycle through with whoever is on call and by law can only deal with normal healthy pregnancies. But just like yours, they also have a 'sister' hospital just in case anything out of the ordinary occurs during pregnancy

And yes, they are vampires... I got poked like 4 times during my appt, and she still couldnt suck enough blood out, so I'll be giving my blood at the NEXT appt, and was told to gorge on water the night before and that morning.. it sucks, cuz Ive always been a tough person to find a vein for blood draw

Isd2721-- good luck tomorrow! bring tissue, because you may start crying when you see the little heart flickering away :)

lol, MrsK, though it's kind of true.

lsd, they will probably ask you a lot of questions. Family history, your health and habits.

Lol yeah get ready for vampiring and tissues are good:baby:

Happenstance, it could be a sch, when there's heavy active bleeding they tend to bleed out so to speak making it harder to see them as the cause on ultrasound.

Cute pic bookity!!

Drmum, 6 hours is far but its worth it totally to be in with the right people
:hugs:

Its my daughter Anja's 5th birthday tomorrow, have to do a big day out, deal with the MIL who doesn't know and try not to vomit/pass out again:coffee:

Still waiting on my bump :wacko: Expected it weeks ago!

Somebody mentioned waiting to announce? I didn't announce on FB until I put up birth pics last time:haha:

I have a facebook friend who didn't say a peep about her second baby til she posted photos after the birth. What a surprise! We keep putting our announcement off by a day or two for various reasons. Tomorrow night is the earliest we'll be able to announce because DH still wants to tell a few people in person/over the phone.

I have a facebook friend who didn't say a peep about her second baby til she posted photos after the birth. What a surprise! We keep putting our announcement off by a day or two for various reasons. Tomorrow night is the earliest we'll be able to announce because DH still wants to tell a few people in person/over the phone.

Do you have Instagram?

Do you have Instagram?

I do, but I don't do much with it.

Do you have Instagram?

I do, but I don't do much with it.

I was going to say add me if you want. Backwoodsbarbie_89

Ok, I'll add you next time I'm on instagram. I hope you like dog pictures....

I just like seeing everyone's lives. I don't have a fb. Although I'm thinking my hubby and I may create one.

I don't know what I'd do without Facebook! I'm terrible at keeping up with people otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->