2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Supposedly stretch marks are mostly a genetic issue. Drinking plenty of water is supposed to help, too.

If I go by LMP, I'd be due March 4, but my midwife trusted me when I told her I was pretty certain when I ovulated. I've heard OBs are a lot less likely to take that kind of thing into account and trust mothers when they say they ovulated on a certain date.

This will be my first heavily pregnant winter. Who here's done it before? Is a maternity coat a necessity or do you let the bump hang out?

This is my first pregnancy, but there's no way I'll get through a Chicago winter without a good coat. I get cold if the air conditioning is too high, even with the higher body temp in pregnancy :p My mom had a big wool cape at one point, I may see if she still has it rather than buy a special coat.

Okay, so I'm pissed. I just read the divergent book series, then I watched the movie. The movie stunk by the way, not really accurate with the book. Anyway, I heard the main actress in that movie was in a series called the secret life of the american teenager. I'm really not into that sort of genre due to my age. Well, I got into it. I watched the whole five seasons and the series finale was the worst! I cried for 20 minutes. I am back to reading again I guess.

I've watched some of that show, but the dialogue drives me insane the way people say the same things over and over ad nauseum.

What happened at the end. Maybe summarize the last season as I didn't watch it. Lol. Pm me if you don't want to spoil.

I have stretch marks all over. Thankfully most of them are really light these days, but I am confident I will get them from pregnancy growth as well. I have a moisturizing cream, but I don't know if it will do much. It makes me feel better at least. :winkwink:

Being in Canada, I definitely needed a winter coat... this is my first as well. My mom treated me to an M Shell. It's a coat that is good for pregnancy and then the flap flips up for baby wearing, and you can take out the wedge and wear it as a normal coat. They also make an M Coat, which I think is down-filled, but the lady at the store said it's probably way too hot for a pregnant woman, or for baby wearing. They're made small though, I'm usually around a size 10-12, and I needed an XL (I usually fit in a M/L), but I will be able to fit a sweater underneath if needed. They are not cheap, but since it can be used for BW after, and can also be used as a regular coat, I was grateful to it. The shell is $200 and the coat is $400, so I'm glad the lady recommended the shell because I'd feel bad if my mom spent so much on a coat. But I suppose for those of us living in colder climates, it's a necessity.

https://shop.poshmommy.ca/index.php?image=27271

Okay, so I'm pissed. I just read the divergent book series, then I watched the movie. The movie stunk by the way, not really accurate with the book. Anyway, I heard the main actress in that movie was in a series called the secret life of the american teenager. I'm really not into that sort of genre due to my age. Well, I got into it. I watched the whole five seasons and the series finale was the worst! I cried for 20 minutes. I am back to reading again I guess.

Omg I thought I was the only one who had been addicted to that show! Back when it was actually on I HAD to see it every week. It got really cheesy and crazy towards the end which really annoyed me but I kept watching anyway only to also be so mad at the finale! Lol I have a weak spot for abc family shows for some reason. My new addiction is The Fosters.

I've heard a lot of negative reviews regarding the last book in the series (with how it ends), so I've stayed away from it, although I did see the movie. I can't deal with books with bad endings. :lol:

As of right now I'm really loving Gossip Girl even though I'm about 13 years older than the characters in that show. No shame, though. :lol:

The ending of the third book annoyed the crap out of me. I can deal with sad endings if they make sense, but I got the feeling she just did it for shock value. Like she was plotting how to be edgier than Suzanne Collins or something :p

Omg I thought I was the only one who had been addicted to that show! Back when it was actually on I HAD to see it every week. It got really cheesy and crazy towards the end which really annoyed me but I kept watching anyway only to also be so mad at the finale! Lol I have a weak spot for abc family shows for some reason. My new addiction is The Fosters.

I was a foster child. It was a horrible experience. I'm not sure I could sit through the show. I'm afraid it would either be too cheesy/fake or WAY too real. How is it?

I've still not read all of the third book because I skipped to the end and hated it and now I don't want to read it all. Oh dear.

So the movie was crap huh? Books to movies almost always are.

I want to see 'if I stay' with my sister later this month. I think it's been long enough since I read the book I shouldn't be too picky about it.

Good luck tomorrow, DrMum! I hope your consultation goes well!
Ugh. I've had a rough couple of days. My nausea has hit full force as well, and even though I'm not throwing up, it's making my days miserable. It's crazy though, cause at the same time I'm really hungry. But the thought of food makes me even more nauseous! Even when I have lots in my tummy, and I'm full as hell, I still want to eat more! It's driving me nuts.
I'm also extremely tired. I got a bit more energy late last week, so I thought I was finally getting out of the exhausted stage, but it's back full force as well. I could sleep all night (with a few trips to the bathroom, of course), and still have trouble opening my eyes in the morning. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
As for DTD...that's not happening too much in our house ATM. As much as I would like to, even just for OH's sake, I just don't have the energy to even pretend to want it. Hopefully my drive comes back soon, before he kicks me to the curb! lol

this is so exactly how i feel too, i couldve wrote this lol

I was a foster child. It was a horrible experience. I'm not sure I could sit through the show. I'm afraid it would either be too cheesy/fake or WAY too real. How is it?

I'm sorry to hear that. You'd probably find it too cheesy. There are some deep/serious topics, but it's got alot more going on than just the fact that their foster kids. It's more about their family as their all but one offically adopted and a big close knit family. Each character has their own little story line going on.

Okay, so I'm pissed. I just read the divergent book series, then I watched the

I'm sorry to hear that. You'd probably find it too cheesy. There are some deep/serious topics, but it's got alot more going on than just the fact that their foster kids. It's more about their family as their all but one offically adopted and a big close knit family. Each character has their own little story line going on.

Don't be sorry. I learned a lot from my experience. I believe children who grow up in a unhealthy environment have two choices. The first choice is to take the familiar path in which they are most comfortable due to environmental conditioning, which is the easy path, and the wrong path. Or they can struggle and try to rise above what they know, and learn something new. Taking the good from every experience and building a good life for themselves. I chose the latter, but without being removed from that environment, I can guarantee I would be sitting next my mother doing exactly what she does. As miserable as it was, I am eternally grateful. I can also say, I know exactly what not to do in regards to being a mother. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->