2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Oh, mine isn't potato sized, it's just made of potatoes :p

Haha love it :haha:

Mine is similar except mine is filled with all carbs *she says eating a crossiant for breakfast* Im having difficulty eating much in the day at the mo but when i do its either something carby or fruit

I remember having to put a hair tie looped around my pants button when I was around 10-12 weeks last pregnancy. I've been fortunate to be lounging around the house with DD this summer, so I've been able to keep is casual/comfy. I think I'll be getting my maternity jeans out of storage soon.
I bought a "maternity" coat (as in one size larger than usual) from H&M last time, but I wasn't able to find it when we packed up to move last year (weird?). Since then I bought a wool coat from Jcrew that isn't maternity, but the buttons are all up high, so I'm hoping it will work. However where I live it never gets that cold, so I shouldn't need anything too heavy. Good luck to all you northerners!

Our little sisters wedding was amazing. It was so hard not to share our good news. Just a few more weeks.
Tried preggy pop drops and its working...take that nausea!
The titty fairy visited me too. I bought a few bras from motherhood maternity store. Im a G Cup pre pregnancy. ..reallyhoping I dont end up with boobs that rival Dolly Partons.
If you sign up with motherhood maternity they give you a ton of gifts.. I got gift cards for a free boppy, baby sling, nusing cover and a carseat cover. Oh and a free bottle. I am loving freebies.

This will be my first heavily pregnant winter. Who here's done it before? Is a maternity coat a necessity or do you let the bump hang out?

My last little one was born in February. I live in Ottawa, Canada and it gets very cold here, so a winter coat that zips is very necessary. I didn't want to spend money on a maternity coat though so I just purchased a winter coat that was longer and a size larger. It fit the whole time, and I can wear it when I'm not pregnant. Will wear it again this time :)

To add to the bras, a lot of nursing bras can double as maternity bras if you want to save some money. I used the fast food bras last time (but I'm small chested so not sure how well they are for larger chests...) and I love them. For maternity clothes, you really don't need that much. I won't be buying any more this pregnancy. This is what I have:
- two pairs of jeans
- two pairs of dress pants
- a white long sleeve shirt and tank top
- a black long sleeve shirt and tank top
- two striped long sleeve shirts
- One fancy sweater
- 4 cardigans (that I can wear when not pregnant)
- 2 hoodies
- One pair of leggings (which I have never stopped wearing and I will only buy maternity leggings from now on... so comfy!)
- One fancier dress

My regular undies fit my whole pregnancy and I wore my hubbies t shirts for pajamas when mine no longer fit :) One other thing that might be helpful for ladies who live in cold climates and need winter boots - Get slip ons or ones that zip up. It gets pretty hard to bend over and lace anything up when you get near the end lol.

Hope that helps!

That coats looks lovely...

My boobs have a mind of their own when pregnant, they get so big and not in a good way. When my milk came in they were a 36k!!! All my maternity bras that I'd bought were a 36g as that's the size they were when I was pregnant! The midwife sent me straight to John Lewis to get fitted for a nursing bra. I'm dreading that again but at least I know what to expect this time round!

As for coats, I've already placed bids for a few on Ebay. I have seen loads of nice maternity clothes as well. I don't really wear jeans, I find them uncomfortable, plus I have a flat bottom! Am more of a leggings/tunic & dress/tights kinda girl. I love my dresses :) Plan I'm getting some nice knitted maternity dresses for the winter :) Seen loads on Ebay x

I saved my maternity clothes from last time (LOs due date was 2-3 weeks later than this LOs due date), so I'll be able to wear those. I will need some new shirts for work (white to wear under a vest, so I just buy men's large T-shirts), and some black pants. Those I'll get closer to the colder weather.
I have a maternity coat that I bought online from Motherhood Maternity last time. I managed to get it on sale, so that helped with the cost. I had to get a nice warm coat though, as our winter's are cold (especially in January-mid March), and I work in child care, so I will be outside for at least an hour each day.

Well scan this morning was amazing! So surreal to see baby moving! I'm afraid I'm no longer as marshmallow as I've been moved three days forward to 28th Feb! So glad its not a leap year! I'll just stay in this thread as I know it could easily still be march!

Here's some pics! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140815_151816.jpg
    IMG_20140815_151816.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20140815_151711.jpg
    IMG_20140815_151711.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 9
came across this new article about folic acid.. Im already taking an extra supplement of folic acid on top of my prenatal.. 800mcg total but I guess I'll stop after the 1st trimester now.. will need to discuss with midwife too

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/281060.php

Scientists from New York State report that higher doses of folic acid during pregnancy and throughout life may have lasting negative effects.

Adorable scan pics Ruth!

Swampmaiden, I had no idea about the folic acid!

Lovely pics!!

I haven't updated on here for a while, but we had an early scan last weekend as I was getting worried for not having many symptoms.. all well thankfully! Saw a lovely heartbeat beating at a rate of 175bpm and baby is measuring 6 days ahead of LMP dates!

Gonna keep my due date as it is for now, and will see what the 12 week nuchal scan says!

Here's baby #2 :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• 20140809_213611.jpg
    20140809_213611.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 15
I am definitely not showing yet. I sometimes think I probably never will. I'm 6 foot tall and big boned, not exactly skinny either. My sister is skinny and also tall like me, and she didn't even start to show until she was 6 months with either of her 2 boys. She said she didn't even need maternity pants until she was 5 months. So I feel like I will probably never look really pregnant... I'll just look like the girl who ate way too many twinkies. :dohh: Although I can't have any junk food because I am diabetic. One perk of being diabetic, I've lost nearly 20 lbs since finding out I was pregnant. For me that's actually a good thing, not a bad thing. So now, all of my clothes that are too big will probably last me longer as I do start to grow. :haha:

Oh, and my update. I had my appointment with my OBGYN Wednesday and I had a bit of a meltdown telling him how much anxiety my progesterone issues are giving me. That the low numbers make me wonder if maybe the baby's heart stopped, but all of the progesterone supplements I am on are preventing a miscarriage. When I have my progesterone tested multiple times and it keeps dropping despite being on injections AND suppositories, it's hard not to jump to the worst conclusions. So, seeing how upset I was (which was super embarrassing for me because I DON'T cry in front of ANYONE!), he decided that 'no exam or anything else he had planned to do could provide me more reassurance than actually seeing my baby.' So he went to see if ultrasound had an opening. They didn't have one that day, but they had one yesterday. So I got to see baby, who was wiggling away from pictures yet again! (Just like Mommy who hates having her picture taken) Baby was very active and heart beat was 167 (even though I swear she told me 163). Baby measured 3 days ahead, but that's no big deal. So, I am going to try to just chill about the progesterone issue. The placenta should take over any time which should cause my numbers to 'soar' as my OBGYN put it. Also, I have now had 3 ultrasounds (7 weeks, 9 weeks, and now 11 weeks) that have all showed a strong heart beat and a wiggly, active little baby. So time for Momma to take a chill pill and trust that the progesterone thing isn't as bad as it sounds.

Oh Elphabaa, I'm glad you were able to see your little one again. It's so stressful without the extra worry of progesterone levels. I can't imagine the worry you are feeling! :hugs:

My friend is also 6 feet tall and she barely looked pregnant with either of her babies! She had small babies, and they seemed to just stand up straight in there haha. She honestly looked as big as I look now when she was 40 weeks. And ofcourse she is one of those lucky women who didn't look pregnant at all immediately after she gave birth. I can't even imagine haha.

Oh Elphabaa, I'm glad you were able to see your little one again. It's so stressful without the extra worry of progesterone levels. I can't imagine the worry you are feeling! :hugs:

My friend is also 6 feet tall and she barely looked pregnant with either of her babies! She had small babies, and they seemed to just stand up straight in there haha. She honestly looked as big as I look now when she was 40 weeks. And ofcourse she is one of those lucky women who didn't look pregnant at all immediately after she gave birth. I can't even imagine haha.

I had that with my 1st, never once looked pregnant even after giving birth lol time will tell with my second :p

My 5'2 cousin is pregnant with number 2 and only 2 weeks ahead of me, and she is DEFINITELY showing. :dohh: Her last baby was in the 6lb range. However, my sister gave birth to a nearly 9lb boy and then an OVER 9lb boy. Both big babies, and she never had gestational diabetes. She also never showed signs of labor. Baby #1 was induced at almost a week past her due date, and even induction was slow until the OBGYN broke her water... then it went so fast she ended up tearing clear up to her butthole. :dohh: The second baby came on his due date. She was supposed to be induced 2 days prior, but the hospital was so over run they kept sending her home. His induction was a bit more smooth, but she still tore again... right through the old scar. So THAT part is a bit horrifying to me. :dohh:

Big babies run in my immediate family and I am the FIRST one WITH diabetes. So it's all about controlling the diabetes, which means no twinkies or Chips Ahoy Blizzards for me... even though I am craving them BEYOND belief. Heck, I can't even have pasta! :cry: I really love pasta........ I told hubby when baby is born we're going to the local Italian place for a heaping plate of pasta and then we are going to Dairy Queen so I can get a Chips Ahoy Blizzard! :haha:

More like a baby and less like a gummy bear!! That's what happens in two weeks time?!?!?

Our little sisters wedding was amazing. It was so hard not to share our good news. Just a few more weeks.
Tried preggy pop drops and its working...take that nausea!
The titty fairy visited me too. I bought a few bras from motherhood maternity store. Im a G Cup pre pregnancy. ..reallyhoping I dont end up with boobs that rival Dolly Partons.
If you sign up with motherhood maternity they give you a ton of gifts.. I got gift cards for a free boppy, baby sling, nusing cover and a carseat cover. Oh and a free bottle. I am loving freebies.

How do you sign up with Motherhood Maternity? Can't miss freebies!

Loving all the scans! So glad you ladies can relax a little more now.

Elphabaa- glad you got to see your wiggly baby! It's always so reassuring!

Love the scan pics ladies! Makes me anxious for my next one!

As for maternity clothes, I let a friend of mine borrow mine from my first pregnancy. She gave them back last year and I just put them in storage. I got them out the other day, and they all had holes in them! So frustrating! She could have just told me they were too worn, and donated them or something. So I went to Ross and got 2 pairs of maternity pants, each for $11, and a maxi skirt for $10. I am hoping those will last me a while. I pretty much just wore long shirts with my twins, so I will probably do the same this time.

Swampmaiden- We are fortunate to live in an area that we can get away with wearing maxi skirts/dresses all year lol.

Unfortunately, it looks like I am going to be moving to Dallas, TX in November... Just in time for a real season :wacko: I have never lived outside of Southern California, so it will be a totally new experience. Do you ladies think the maternity coat will be worth it? I honestly don't even own a real coat, because it is never necessary in San Diego. A light sweater is usually sufficient in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->