2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Don't feel bad about it. Sometimes knowing what not to do because of crappy parents is way more valuable than knowing what to do because you have great parents.

Well that's awesome, I'm glad you were able to make it a positive thing and rise above.

Ok mom's can we talk maternity clothes/baby bumps? This is my 1st so I have no clue what to expect/when I should start browsing the maternity section. I know everyone's so different, but does anyone feel like their already showing, or if this isn't your 1st do you remember when you had to jump to bigger clothing with your 1st? I went ahead and bought a Be Band today, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I do have to say it somehow made my tummy look round and actually pregnant, not just squishy and fat like it looks right now without it. lol I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow so I feel like it's too early, but my belly is definitely getting bigger. I know it's all bloat at this point. I haven't gained a single pound, and when I wake up I'm closer to normal, but after a few hrs and especially by the end of the day I look 6 months along and my pants are tight and uncomfortable. But bloat or not it still makes me not want to wear pants lol. I've read you shouldn't show with your first until about 4 months... ummm yeaa I think I'm gonna be a bit before that... maybe it will just look like extra squish and not pregnant, but it will be noticeable.

I'm not showing, but I look pregnant if I dress right. It's all bloat and being overweight. I'm in maternity jeans just because I gained a little weight and I'm not comfortable in my regular jeans, and I got a bunch of maternity pants on a Facebook garage sale group for what it would have cost me to buy one pair of bigger jeans. They're pretty comfy, much better than I imagine the belly band and regular jeans combination would be. I had some of my pre-weightloss shorts tucked in the back of a drawer, so I've just been wearing those on hot days. I say shop around secondhand for cheap maternity pants (thrift stores, garage sales, ebay, etc), and start wearing them whenever you're comfortable. It makes a big difference.

all i know is this is my 5th and i already feel 5 months pregnant the bloat is no good especially when im not the smallest of people

I wake up skinny and go to bed 20 weeks pregnant I feel like! I eat a lot of vegetables, so it may be bloat. I'm not sure when to switch girly.

I have 2 bella bands (one real one, one from walmart that I prefer) because my jeans and shorts don't button. I also have 2 maternity bras, maternity undies, maternity leggings, and a pair of maternity jeans (haven't worn the jeans yet). I definitely bloat as soon as I eat, but also I must have a teeny tiny bump because the uterus area is swollen and never goes down.

I have 2 bella bands (one real one, one from walmart that I prefer) because my jeans and shorts don't button. I also have 2 maternity bras, maternity undies, maternity leggings, and a pair of maternity jeans (haven't worn the jeans yet). I definitely bloat as soon as I eat, but also I must have a teeny tiny bump because the uterus area is swollen and never goes down.

I wish I had a bump.

Me too! I can't wait til I can go out looking pregnant and not be afraid that someone is gonna ask how far along I am and I'm gonna have to say "11 weeks..." even though I look more like 20 at the end of the day :p

Advice Ive heard is to invest in a maternity bra, panties, and a 'core' outfit.. like a maxi dress, or bodysuit or black pants or something that you can then add various other peices like an open blouse or skirt to to have different outfits, all revolving around the core piece.

My girlfriends that have had babies... they really just went with dresses or skirts and big blouses for the most part.. which is probably what Im going to do.

I also heard its wise to buy the nursing bras early, because they also double as maternity bras. I need to get a new bra soon too.. I already was a D cup before hand, and the Titty Fairy has definitely visited me already

Yeah I have a bump for sure... well, ok, so I was about 165-168 (at 5foot 5ish) pre pregnancy.... fairly average, about a size 10-12 on bottom (L) and medium on top (I carry my weight in my butt an thighs). But whatever is moving around inside has pushed my once fairly flat stomach forward, so there is definitely a tummy, it's just not made of baby.

As for bras since everyone is asking, I went to a nursing store in my city and tried on multiple brands. I ended up getting two Bravado! bras (made by Medela I believe). They were by far the most comfortable for me (obviously everyone is different). They are nursing bras that double for maternity. No underwire or anything. My bbs only started hurting around the beginning of week 10, and I wore a normal bra and I swear it hurt so bad!

I have gotten my maternity clothes so far at WalMart and Value Village. I got a pair of Thyme jeans for $10, and I think retail is around $60. I also got a blouse that will be cute when I get a little bigger, and that was $5. I refuse to buy $500 in maternity clothes new, I bet I can get away with $200 or less buying used. It just sucks that we're going through fall AND winter, which depending on location means layers and various season's clothing are needed.

My only splurge item (besides my wedding dress) will be a dress for DF's office holiday party, and even then I think I will try thrift stores first. Also, we are planning on going to Florida over Xmas break, and he literally said if I can't find summer stuff at the thrift stores than I can just go to Target or WalMart in Fla. Also will need a new bikini because I think I'll need a bigger size for the ladies, lol.

Ok that's my rant about maternity clothing. Hope something I said is useful to someone :D

I am only 9 weeks (almost 10) and tomorrow I am going to be going out and getting a bra and a pair of work pants and maybe a pair of jeans. My jeans were tighter around the waist to start with but now they are just plain uncomfortable :( and my work pants are starting to get tight and they are stretchy material. I do have a lot of evening bloat and when I'm working mainly evenings, things don't fit right! Even though I'll probably have to have the pants hemmed :( I have no legs... Lol... And the boob fairy has visited too, DH even commented the other day. My normal bras don't fit right and for the last week they have been on a bigger hook in the back than what I normally had it on...

Being in Canada, I definitely needed a winter coat... this is my first as well. My mom treated me to an M Shell. It's a coat that is good for pregnancy and then the flap flips up for baby wearing, and you can take out the wedge and wear it as a normal coat. They also make an M Coat, which I think is down-filled, but the lady at the store said it's probably way too hot for a pregnant woman, or for baby wearing. They're made small though, I'm usually around a size 10-12, and I needed an XL (I usually fit in a M/L), but I will be able to fit a sweater underneath if needed. They are not cheap, but since it can be used for BW after, and can also be used as a regular coat, I was grateful to it. The shell is $200 and the coat is $400, so I'm glad the lady recommended the shell because I'd feel bad if my mom spent so much on a coat. But I suppose for those of us living in colder climates, it's a necessity.

https://shop.poshmommy.ca/index.php?image=27271

So this may sound stupid but is this the coat or the shell. Whats the difference and where can I find them? I know ill need a coat this winter for sure.

Being in Canada, I definitely needed a winter coat... this is my first as well. My mom treated me to an M Shell. It's a coat that is good for pregnancy and then the flap flips up for baby wearing, and you can take out the wedge and wear it as a normal coat. They also make an M Coat, which I think is down-filled, but the lady at the store said it's probably way too hot for a pregnant woman, or for baby wearing. They're made small though, I'm usually around a size 10-12, and I needed an XL (I usually fit in a M/L), but I will be able to fit a sweater underneath if needed. They are not cheap, but since it can be used for BW after, and can also be used as a regular coat, I was grateful to it. The shell is $200 and the coat is $400, so I'm glad the lady recommended the shell because I'd feel bad if my mom spent so much on a coat. But I suppose for those of us living in colder climates, it's a necessity.

https://shop.poshmommy.ca/index.php?image=27271

So this may sound stupid but is this the coat or the shell. Whats the difference and where can I find them? I know ill need a coat this winter for sure.

This one is the shell. It is still fleece lined. The coat is down-filled and has a hood with a fur trim. Like I said, I was recommended against it because I was told it would be too warm. If you go the themcoat.com they have a list of retailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->