2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

So pleased everything is ok missfrick!

Katestar, good luck with the scan. Hoping its gone for you

Time flies!! It doesn't feel like its been 6 weeks since I got my bfp.
Good news: I stopped bleeding. Now its nothing but weird mucus but I hear thats quite normal.
Is anyone else dealing with forgetfulness? I feel like im growing dumber by the day.

My sch has gone, yippppeeee :) Baby was bouncing around & waving at us, me & my hubby both burst into tears. I am now off bedrest which I'm so pleased about x

12 week bump picture! :blush: also my shopping order of some maternity clothes came this morning. I am unbelievably comfortable right now :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 9
Great news all around. Good to hear!

I had an epidural and loved it. I totally agree with Bookity about adaptability being key. You can have all sorts of ideas about how you want your birth to look and feel, but when it really comes down to it, you want that baby out with as little stress as possible for mama and baby! I had to be induced because I was having lots of rapid but painless contractions. So I could feel the pain level change once they broke the placenta. I called the anesthesiologist right away. I could still feel my legs to change positions and I could feel her moving down lower and when I had contractions for when to push. Also, sorry for the squeamish, but you'll most likely have to have a stitch or two once you've delivered, so the numbing obviously helps.

In the US/UK, do they take the baby out of the room right after delivery? Here they stay in the room to be cleaned and dressed unless there's an emergency, so I got to watch her every move until we were cleared to go up to a private room.

Great news all around. Good to hear!

I had an epidural and loved it. I totally agree with Bookity about adaptability being key. You can have all sorts of ideas about how you want your birth to look and feel, but when it really comes down to it, you want that baby out with as little stress as possible for mama and baby! I had to be induced because I was having lots of rapid but painless contractions. So I could feel the pain level change once they broke the placenta. I called the anesthesiologist right away. I could still feel my legs to change positions and I could feel her moving down lower and when I had contractions for when to push. Also, sorry for the squeamish, but you'll most likely have to have a stitch or two once you've delivered, so the numbing obviously helps.

In the US/UK, do they take the baby out of the room right after delivery? Here they stay in the room to be cleaned and dressed unless there's an emergency, so I got to watch her every move until we were cleared to go up to a private room.

I agree about the birth plan. You can plan all you want, but delivering a baby is unpredictable. I had decided that as long as my baby was born healthy, I would be happy with how the delivery went. I'm glad it went that way because the only things I wanted (baby on my chest right after delivery and hubby to cut the cord) did not happen. It's best not to have expectations because it can ruin your experience.

In Canada, at least where I am, the baby never leaves your side unless there are complications.

Frenchie, that's a good question and I haven't got the slightest idea, but definitely plan to ask when we do our hospital tour. My biggest things I want are a healthy baby put on my chest after delivery and to keep baby in room as long/as much as possible. Onto the list of questions it goes!

Congrats Kate! So glad you can get back to normal :)

That's great kate!

I'm in Ontario too, so same as what Nelly said about the baby staying in the room. After my c-sec they took baby out of the room because they had to gas me (remember I had a spot where the epi didn't work) so I was totally knocked out, he stayed with Daddy in the nursery until I woke up then they brought him straight to me and he never left my side.

I have an appointment later this afternoon. As with every time I have an appointment I am getting more worried as it draws closer, thinking I will get bad news. I am just supposed to be going to do my referral to the high risk clinic but I realized they forgot to do a cervix measurement (both of those are because of my loss earlier this year), so they might end up doing another scan.

And I have dinner out with a bunch of girlfriends tonight, which sounds like fun, but only 1 of them knows and I don't plan on telling the rest until much further along. Also, I have been having a terrible time at night staying awake and with nausea so I think I am in for a long day and an interesting night.

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here in awhile. Thought I'd come and update you guys that I lost my little bean almost 2 weeks ago. Been a rough past 2 weeks, but I now have an angel baby watching over my family and I. Thank you for this group, and I wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months.

So sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs:

Here as long as nothing is wrong with the baby they stay with the mom almost the whole time bar some tests (like checking bilirubin level). I kept my second with me pretty much the whole time.

Both time baby stayed with me for about an hour after delivery, but then was taken to the nursery for a bath, etc. I just didn't want to be away from baby either time, so any amount of time away was hard.

Yeah I'm in Virginia and I think here it's standard to spend an hour with baby and then they go to the nursery for a good cleaning and measurements. Fyi I know there's plenty that will disagree and I'm still not sure what I will do but a piece of advice I've been given is to send baby to the nursery the first night. You will be exhausted and need rest to recoup and that will be your last chance. The nurses may act pissy about it but that's just bc they'd rather sit on their butts and do nothing. Rest while you can bc once you leave the hospital it won't happen.

Yeah I'm in Virginia and I think here it's standard to spend an hour with baby and then they go to the nursery for a good cleaning and measurements. Fyi I know there's plenty that will disagree and I'm still not sure what I will do but a piece of advice I've been given is to send baby to the nursery the first night. You will be exhausted and need rest to recoup and that will be your last chance. The nurses may act pissy about it but that's just bc they'd rather sit on their butts and do nothing. Rest while you can bc once you leave the hospital it won't happen.

They don't even have nurseries in our hospitals here anymore, only for nicu babies. Although last time I delivered, we didn't have any family or friends here to help out and I really wish I had. Just someone who could have come and held the baby for an hour or so so that we could sleep. I was so exhausted after delivering at 4am! So this time we are having my parents come to help out! I never thought that all I would want to do after she was born was sleep, but that is really all I wanted to do.

Ladies found these this morning snd thought they'd be useful

On Moisturizers: Look for products with ingredients such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid or shea butter, says Doris Day, M.D., clinical assistant professor of dermatology at New York University Medical Center

Acne Breakouts: During pregnancy, you must avoid retinoids, or vitamin A derivatives, such as Retin-A or Renova, as well as salicylates, including products containing salicylic acid (also known as beta-hydroxy acid).; these can all cause potential harm to your developing baby. Instead, look for products that contain lactic acid or glycolic acid, says Heidi Waldorf, M.D., director of cosmetic and laser dermatology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City.

re on Epidurals: another thing to consider is how expensive getting an epidural is.. over $1000.. for me thats the biggest consideration.. Im not too worried about the pain.. women have been giving natural birth for millenia, not sure what happened to women in the 20th century where extreme painkillers are the norm now

congrats to those of you with great scans, especially after spotting. I cant imagine what a relief that is. Ive been having the worst dreams lately about gushing blood.. hope its just from watching too many scary movies and not a premonition.
My midwife told me to visualize the baby wriggling around in a nice red healthy uterus, and picture the heartbeat everytime I start feeling negative. It kinda helps

I am really hoping that I will be able to have this baby with us after delivery, it will be a totally new experience for me. My twins were born at 34 weeks and had to spend 3 weeks in the NICU. It was really awful, and I am hoping for a healthy full term baby this time.

My hospital's policy is to keep baby with mom as much as possible for normal births. I don't know if that means they do all the weighing and measuring in the room or if they take the baby out for a bit. Since I'm with the midwives in the special section they have set aside for them, the defaults all lean very "natural." Babies are kept with mothers, delayed clamping, etc, is all automatic. I'd have to change rooms for an epidural, even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->