2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Welcome to the new people here with bfp's.

Good luck DrMum!

Afm: still bleeding, very mild pink to red in cm, no clots and not a lot... Tomorrow can't come fast enough. I'm trying to tell myself that seeing the hb at the ER is a positive and I just need to keep focusing on that... It's hard though.

Maybe. You're supposed to do it between 11 and 13 weeks, I think. Otherwise the measurements aren't very accurate. It's actually a combination of ultrasound to measure a bit of liquid at the back of the neck (and a couple other facial features, I think) and blood tests, and it assesses your risk of chromosomal abnormalities. If you come back high risk, then they do amniocentesis or chorionic villi sampling or some other more invasive test. It was optional for me, but I couldn't think of a good reason not to do it.

MissFrick, heartbeat is really positive. A lot of women bleed through pregnancy just for the hell of it. I hope you get more information tomorrow!

MissFrick, heartbeat is really positive. A lot of women bleed through pregnancy just for the hell of it. I hope you get more information tomorrow!

Thanks. I know the heartbeat and movement is a positive, and I am not trying to be a downer - I know this board has had enough loss; no one, including my mom or DF, seems worried. I'm just scared.

Thanks. I know the heartbeat and movement is a positive, and I am not trying to be a downer - I know this board has had enough loss; no one, including my mom or DF, seems worried. I'm just scared.

I'd be scared too. I get scared even when I have nothing to make me scared. Of course you're scared! But there's still a very good chance that everything is just fine. We're here for you if you need to get it out of your system.

I'd be scared too. I get scared even when I have nothing to make me scared. Of course you're scared! But there's still a very good chance that everything is just fine. We're here for you if you need to get it out of your system.

I know! I get scared when I'm not nauseous! It's ridiculous. If it helps, I had spotting with my first at ten weeks, and again with this one at 9. My doctor wasn't concerned at all... Nothing really helps until you see the baby though. And then it's so much better when you can feel it move all the time. How on earth did women do this before ultrasounds without stressing all the time!?

I feel like I want to carry my wife to work and just wrap my body around hers as a barrier from any harm out there haha.

Aaaaw! :D

I know! I get scared when I'm not nauseous! It's ridiculous. If it helps, I had spotting with my first at ten weeks, and again with this one at 9. My doctor wasn't concerned at all... Nothing really helps until you see the baby though. And then it's so much better when you can feel it move all the time. How on earth did women do this before ultrasounds without stressing all the time!?

I know the feeling. I'm scared even though I saw a strong heartbeat and movement two weeks ago. Tomorrow is my next scan and I still get the feeling something's wrong despite the fact that I haven't had anything that should make me think this way.

I'm sure everything is alright. Good luck tomorrow, missfrick! :flower:

I get scared, and each time I have an ultrasound I tell myself I am going to chill out and stop stressing. You'd think after 3 great ultrasounds with baby measuring spot on with a strong heart beat, and 2 of them baby wiggling all over, I would just chill out. Nope. I haven't really spotted, but with how low my progesterone is I probably should have so that's still in the back of my head.

Pretty sure we're all going to be terrified for the entire pregnancy until baby is safely in our arms. :wacko:

Broke down and called the OB nurse to get a prescription for zofran. Going to head out soon to pick it up. I'm just tired of this nausea acting up when I try to do anything but sit still. Makes it really difficult to take care of two kiddos (DH works second shift which is of course most of our day!).

I haven't been nauseated nearly my whole pregnancy, and I had bean confirmed with heartbeat at 8 weeks 2 days.

Just heard the heartbeat on my Doppler!!! It was literally only 5 seconds then I lost it... But still! :) It was 167!

The Nuchal Translucency scan, where they test for Down Syndrome and other disorders. I'm not at high risk for anything, so I probably have nothing to worry about, but I'm still a little nervous about it.

Mrs.KChicago, My wife and I were excited about this too, mainly to put it behind us. We are scheduled for 4 weeks from yesterday but when researching last night my wife said she read there is a 1% change that the procedure to check for this can cause a miscarriage... Have you heard this? 1 out of every 100 is a little high to feel comfortable...

That's not for the 12 week scan. The ultrasound and blood test are totally safe, they're just like any other ultrasound or blood test. The 1% risk is for the more invasive tests they recommend if your 12 week scan shows that you're at a high risk of chromosomal abnormalities. There's detailed information about it all over the internet, but this is the office that I'm going to: https://www.insightmedicalgenetics.com/clinical-services/ It's the amniocentesis and CVS that are described later on the page that have the slight risk of miscarriage because they involve taking samples from the placenta or amniotic sac.

The NT scan and blood tests can't tell you if your baby has Down Syndrome, they can only tell you if you're at a higher risk than average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->