2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Broke down and called the OB nurse to get a prescription for zofran. Going to head out soon to pick it up. I'm just tired of this nausea acting up when I try to do anything but sit still. Makes it really difficult to take care of two kiddos (DH works second shift which is of course most of our day!).

Same here :( It sucks doesn't it, I just sit on the sofa like a zombie whilst my son plays on his own. Feel so guilty! Plus I'm back at work tomorrow after two weeks bedrest & am off to London at the weekend to see my family so I can't be puking on the train :( I have started vomiting as well so went to the doctors and they prescribed an anti sickness tablet which is working so far.

Hope it works for you too x

It's hard to tell because I don't really know what I'm doing, so I'm just going by stuff I read on the internet. But I might be able to feel my fundus. I'll ask the midwife about it when I go in next week.

Lemme tell you, though, lying down on the hard floor was a BIG mistake. Owwwwwww. I'll stick to slightly harder but much less painful couch-based fundus checks from now on!

I'm going to have to really ration these pills and choose my good days, I can take up to 4 pills a day, but insurance will only allow 21 pills a month!

Gosh you are a chatty bunch, doesn't help that I am sleeping during most of the activity on here.

Anyways good luck for all the scans and congrats to those already scanned. My NT/12 weeks scan is next Thursday @ 12+1. I just cannot wait to see bubba again and to make sure there is indeed only 1 in there!

Even though I have been able to find bubba on my doppler since 9+1 today it finally registered on the screen, as of today bubbas HB is 178bpm which is that same as with both of my girls hmm?!?

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Scan went great today. The OB who scanned me totally understood how nervous I was and was super efficient to get the scanner probe on my belly and right away say "ok baby is alive, relax" and then we went from there.

Nuchal translucency was 1.1mm which is great (I'm 36 so was concerned to see it was ok), baby was wriggling around and sucking it's thumb the whole time.
Saw my OB afterwards and she agreed we will scan me every 4 weeks to keep me sane. So it was a good day and another hurdle cleared. Onwards and upwards!!

Oh and just to add to the heart rate debate, this baby's rate was 170 which is the same as my girl was at this stage. We will see!

Thanks to everyone that replied about thyroid meds. If you take it early in the morning, how do you have breakfast with no dairy? I'm already having problems finding things that are appetizing in the morning.

Fruit and toast. If im lucky and wake up around 3 to go to the bathroom I take it and go back to bed. So far itsa struggle. I miss my morning routine of cereal.

Don't feel bad about laying on the couch all day with your kids playing by themselves... I babysat my 7 year old nephew today who I havent seen in a few weeks, and after we went to 'grandpas' for a visit and hotdogs, we came home where I took a 2 hour nap while he watched Netflix, made himself snacks and got water on his own lol poor kid... and then it was all I could do to get up and walk him to the park and back.. Im ready to go back to sleep

Hey guys:flower:

Drmum, so glad all went well and you got good measurements and a good strong HB:baby:

Bookity, Zofran will take the edge off, watch out for the Zofran headache though. I think you might be able to get more of the generic version covered, I get as many as I need and they work as well. Worth an ask:thumbup:

Sorry to all those with the thyroid issues too! I got put on PTU to go with my beta blockers this morning. I didn't realize there was this dairy issue, it that for meds for hypo and hyper?

Welcome to all new people!!

Looking forward to new pics!

I have my OB again tomorrow at 3pm and I don't know how its going to go, I started bleeding heavy this afternoon :( Watery and pinkish brown and a lot. Miss frick I'm sorry you're going through similar:hugs:

Hey ladies!

Can I join? I'm due March 4th, 2015 with baby #2. We are very excited :)

Oh mummy3! Hope everything is ok and your bleeding stops and appointment goes well tomorrow.

As for the zofran I believe it is the generic I have. Starts with an o. I've taken it before in my last pregnancy so I know it wasn't a hundred percent miracle, but it does help!

I finally for certain found baby on my home Doppler. Not fancy so no numbers, but I called hubby to hear it too. I'm going to try again perhaps tomorrow and attempt a recording of it. Excited!!!

Well, after an insanely bumpy road and confusion up the wazoo, my wife and I have finally had the first "This is REEEALLLY happening" moment today and we saw the heartbeat!!!! baby is 8 weeks and expected date is March 31st, 2015. So we are borderline missing this group lol. Anyway, we are both new to this and I am feeling like the only guy who ever wrote on one of these boards, but so far the gals have been very supportive! Our beginning in the TTC to the TWW was just crazy and weird and made no sense but today's visit with the doc and the ulstrasound made us feel normal :) So excited!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the group. Its my hubbys firat baby too and hes just about as excited as you. Thats awesome and its great seeing a guy in here to get a mans persective on things.

Welcome GFGuy! Is this your first pregnancy? My husband is super excited about our little bean and talks to my tummy every night.

My hubby does the exact same thing. Has to always have his baby time. Its so cute and plus I get a free rub down.

I have my OB again tomorrow at 3pm and I don't know how its going to go, I started bleeding heavy this afternoon :( Watery and pinkish brown and a lot. Miss frick I'm sorry you're going through similar:hugs:

So sorry to hear about this. I hope everything is alright! :hugs:

Hey ladies!

Can I join? I'm due March 4th, 2015 with baby #2. We are very excited :)

Yay! Welcome! :hi: You and I (and a couple of others) share the same due date for now. :D

@mummy3: We're talking about Levothyroxine, which is a synthetic thyroid hormone, so for HYPOthyroid. You're hyperthyroid?

I hope things go well today Missfrick & Mummy3.

That's great news DrMum, I'm glad they have a reassurance plan, when you have a loss that is almost as important as regular care.

The NT test has to be done between 11 & 13 weeks for it to be (somewhat) accurate. When they give you the results, if your odds are on the higher side they will offer you the option to take a more invasive test (one of the ones that carries a miscarriage chance). I believe there is some kind of newer test that is accurate without the risks but I'm not sure how widely available it is, I don't think it is covered by insurance and I believe it costs a few hundred dollars (I can't remember the name, I will update if I remember).

I am saying this merely as my opinion, not to change anyone's mind or belittle anyones' opinions/decisions:
We have declined the NT test with our past pregnancies and will again with this one. I feel the scan is not accurate enough and only ends up causing needless worry. Plus if it comes back with a higher chance then we will be put in the position of trying to decide if we should do the next test. For us, the results won't matter, they won't change anything and I feel like it is a scan that I can avoid having... I know I will be having tons this pregnancy, so anytime I can avoid one I will try.

I know lots of ladies do it because it is an extra chance to see their baby and when you only get a couple of scans for the whole pregnancy, I definitely would do the same. I would still let the results fall on deaf ears though. A search of the forums will show there are a lot of stories from women who were devasted by the results only to go on and have completely healthy babies.

Again, I'm not saying don't do it or trying to change anyone's mind. It is one of those things that is personal preference, to each his/her own. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->