2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Hi GFGuy & Indi, congrats and welcome! There are/have been some males on the board, I believe there is an all men's section although I don't know how frequently people post there. You are most definitely outnumbered though GFGuy.

Don't worry about it too much sn0wbunnie, it sounds like cancelling was probably the right decision. Maybe talk to your dentist too, maybe there is something s/he can do to ease your worries as well. :hugs:

So, I did end up getting another scan yesterday- for the cervix measurement and because I wanted to confirm the baby was still ok before being referred to the MFM clinic. All is well; HB 154 and still measuring behind but had caught up by a day or 2. Also, I'm not sure what it will mean yet but my cervix is 2.9 cm... the meaningful data will come from additional measurements.

Welcome, GFGuy & Indi Ocean!

Good luck at your scan today, DrMum!

Nothing new to report here other than most of my symptoms have subsided. I'm not concerned about it, though, because I usually have very symptom-less pregnancies. I'm still very tired, which I figure will stick with me throughout the rest of this pregnancy.

12 weeks today! Can't believe it. Like, really, I can't. I haven't had an ultrasound or heard baby yet. I'm going crazy here. Only two weeks until my next appointment. Hopefully I can hear baby then and ease my fears. I've had so few symptoms it doesn't feel real.

Welcome new people! I didn't think we were going to get anymore joining us at this point so that was a nice surprise!

So today is nuchal scan day for me. Haven't slept all that well as scans hold a unique scariness for me these days but positive thoughts etc etc and I will update you all later hopefully with some pics.

Deep breaths...all together now. "I have no reason to think there would be anything wrong".....

I have no reason to think there would be anything wrong...

Good luck at your scan!

Well, after an insanely bumpy road and confusion up the wazoo, my wife and I have finally had the first "This is REEEALLLY happening" moment today and we saw the heartbeat!!!! baby is 8 weeks and expected date is March 31st, 2015. So we are borderline missing this group lol. Anyway, we are both new to this and I am feeling like the only guy who ever wrote on one of these boards, but so far the gals have been very supportive! Our beginning in the TTC to the TWW was just crazy and weird and made no sense but today's visit with the doc and the ulstrasound made us feel normal :) So excited!!!!!!!!!

Welcome GFguy! It's going to be nice to have a father to be's perspective! AND yes its really happening! What was the heart rate? Do you have a scan pic you want to share? If you go through here you can see many scan pics from us girls.

Thanks!!! Heart rate was about 162 I think. Is that good??? Hearing it just about knocked my socks off. I didn't think they could do that :) Here is the zoomed in picture. Thanks for asking!! We have been calling it a little turtle because, well, baby looks like a little turtle right now :p

Attachments

• bump.jpeg
    bump.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 13
Welcome GFGuy! Is this your first pregnancy? My husband is super excited about our little bean and talks to my tummy every night.

Yup! :) first time! and first time trying. We didn't believe it even with blood tests until seeing the heart beat. Before we just saw an empty sac and our early pregnancy tests all did make sense and dates didn't match up. This is all sooooo exciting. I feel like I want to carry my wife to work and just wrap my body around hers as a barrier from any harm out there haha.

I really want to go shopping:haha: Hubby says I can buy the stroller at 20 weeks if all is good :) Anyone else been looking?

I've been looking to get ideas. Ive said this time round i wont start buying until 20 weeks. So far ive got my change bag picked out but thats it!

I have my root canal bright & early tomorrow morning. Pray for me?! I'm having an anxiety attack just thinking about it. I might chicken out.....

Think about the positives long term hun. I've not had root canal but i dislike going to the dentist!!

Well, after an insanely bumpy road and confusion up the wazoo, my wife and I have finally had the first "This is REEEALLLY happening" moment today and we saw the heartbeat!!!! baby is 8 weeks and expected date is March 31st, 2015. So we are borderline missing this group lol. Anyway, we are both new to this and I am feeling like the only guy who ever wrote on one of these boards, but so far the gals have been very supportive! Our beginning in the TTC to the TWW was just crazy and weird and made no sense but today's visit with the doc and the ulstrasound made us feel normal :) So excited!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you and your wife on your pregnancy!! I'm pleased to hear all has worked out and youre now both feeling positive & excited about your pregnany. It's nice to have a male around the boards & to hear from the male perspective!

Thank you!! This has been fun being on these boards :) & sn0wbunnie, my wife is a dentist and had to turn down any procedures that use nitrous oxide, even being in the same room as it, so make sure dentist knows your prego before being around that stuff! :)

Great scan pic GFguy! And heart rate sounds perfect. There is a wives tale that certain heart rates can determine the sex of the baby. Not too sure if it's true.

Just booked our gender scan for October 17! Super excited and can't wait to see baby again!

Thanks to everyone that replied about thyroid meds. If you take it early in the morning, how do you have breakfast with no dairy? I'm already having problems finding things that are appetizing in the morning.

Guess who gets another ultrasound next Wednesday!!! Me me me! I'm high risk which isn't fun, but at least I get to see my bean! Does anyone know the soonest the can determine gender? A friend told me the told her it was most likely a boy at 10 weeks, but that sounds crazy. They were right though, it was a boy.

I'm definitely not liking pickles these days.

My energy is returning and I'm so thankful because I have to work full time Monday-Friday no time for napping

I think 16 weeks is the earliest to get a really reliable gender result, but I'm not positive. I'm hoping to get the anatomy and gender scan as early as possible, so I have time to see the midwife post-scan before our cruise at 21 weeks. My NT scan is on Tuesday, I can't wait, even though it's kind of terrifying.

I think 16 weeks is the earliest to get a really reliable gender result, but I'm not positive. I'm hoping to get the anatomy and gender scan as early as possible, so I have time to see the midwife post-scan before our cruise at 21 weeks. My NT scan is on Tuesday, I can't wait, even though it's kind of terrifying.

What's an NT scan?

The Nuchal Translucency scan, where they test for Down Syndrome and other disorders. I'm not at high risk for anything, so I probably have nothing to worry about, but I'm still a little nervous about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->