2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I love dill pickles. I just bought a jar tonight. I wish we could buy the dill spears like they have in restaurants, though. Those are the absolute best.

I'm eating pickles straight from the jar as I type.

Tonight my oldest took off her pull-up and announced she had to potty. Finally getting the hang of telling us without prompting. FXed it continues!!!!

I had to do the hair tie through the button loop trick tonight for the first time. I could get my pants buttoned but sitting would have been so miserable. ..annnd we were going out for Mexican. Lol Felt so silly about it at first but I was sooo comfy. Def worth it. Oh well if I'm only 9 weeks lol. Haven't gained any weight but I swear my belly grows everyday. I can now see that my uterus area is swollen looking now too. It's puffy & rounded not flat and muscular feeling like it was before.... sorry if that's weird lol

Well, after an insanely bumpy road and confusion up the wazoo, my wife and I have finally had the first "This is REEEALLLY happening" moment today and we saw the heartbeat!!!! baby is 8 weeks and expected date is March 31st, 2015. So we are borderline missing this group lol. Anyway, we are both new to this and I am feeling like the only guy who ever wrote on one of these boards, but so far the gals have been very supportive! Our beginning in the TTC to the TWW was just crazy and weird and made no sense but today's visit with the doc and the ulstrasound made us feel normal :) So excited!!!!!!!!!

called my clinic today and i got my appt. day wrong its next thursday (aug.28th) im so happy i dont have to wait 2 extra weeks like i thought lets just home there is a strong hb :)

Well, after an insanely bumpy road and confusion up the wazoo, my wife and I have finally had the first "This is REEEALLLY happening" moment today and we saw the heartbeat!!!! baby is 8 weeks and expected date is March 31st, 2015. So we are borderline missing this group lol. Anyway, we are both new to this and I am feeling like the only guy who ever wrote on one of these boards, but so far the gals have been very supportive! Our beginning in the TTC to the TWW was just crazy and weird and made no sense but today's visit with the doc and the ulstrasound made us feel normal :) So excited!!!!!!!!!

Welcome GFguy! It's going to be nice to have a father to be's perspective! AND yes its really happening! What was the heart rate? Do you have a scan pic you want to share? If you go through here you can see many scan pics from us girls.

Miss frick:hugs: Spotting like that can happen easily with the pressure, its much more sensitive:hugs:

Welcome GFguy:happydance:

Mrsk I hope the nausea doesn't linger for you!

Bookity yay!!!!! That's a huge milestone:happydance:

Kaiecee, so happy you got a sooner appointment!

Not feeling the pickles thing :sick::haha:

Had ANOTHER ultrasound today, (yay!) Everything is awesome, heart rate of 182. The doctors want me to take two Lovenox shots a day instead of one. I'm not happy about that part. :(

Welcome GFGuy! Is this your first pregnancy? My husband is super excited about our little bean and talks to my tummy every night.

I really want to go shopping:haha: Hubby says I can buy the stroller at 20 weeks if all is good :) Anyone else been looking?

I've been looking to get ideas. Ive said this time round i wont start buying until 20 weeks. So far ive got my change bag picked out but thats it!

I have my root canal bright & early tomorrow morning. Pray for me?! I'm having an anxiety attack just thinking about it. I might chicken out.....

Think about the positives long term hun. I've not had root canal but i dislike going to the dentist!!

Congrats to you and your wife on your pregnancy!! I'm pleased to hear all has worked out and youre now both feeling positive & excited about your pregnany. It's nice to have a male around the boards & to hear from the male perspective!

I take 100 micrograms of Levothyroxine every morning to keep my levels high enough for pregnancy. Before I was taking just 75, but the pregnancy puts a strain on the thyroid, which can actually lead to Hashimoto's, which someone was asking about. I was borderline hyperthyroid before my first pregnancy, but I think 9 months of growing a baby burned out the rest of my thyroid, leaving me hypothyroid.

Mommasquirrel: I've never heard about not having dairy within 4 hours of taking thyroid meds. I know I have to take my prenatal vitamins later, but not dairy?

I take 100 micrograms of Levothyroxine every morning to keep my levels high enough for pregnancy. Before I was taking just 75, but the pregnancy puts a strain on the thyroid, which can actually lead to Hashimoto's, which someone was asking about. I was borderline hyperthyroid before my first pregnancy, but I think 9 months of growing a baby burned out the rest of my thyroid, leaving me hypothyroid.

Mommasquirrel: I've never heard about not having dairy within 4 hours of taking thyroid meds. I know I have to take my prenatal vitamins later, but not dairy?

Hello ladies!:flower: I'm new to this thread and am due on the 10th of March with my first!

I also developed a thyroid problem (hypothyroid) from pregnancy, I found out at around 6 weeks. The dosage instructions on mine say to not have any dairy, antacids, iron or calcium supplements within 2 hours of taking it. I know your thyroid can control the amount of calcium produced in your body so maybe it has something to do with that?

I haven't been on for ages. Every time I read this forum it makes my nausea worse :-s! All going well and my tummy is starting to show a tiny bit (or maybe I'm paranoid as my hubby says he can't see anything grrr!)
I have my scan in two weeks at 13 weeks x

Hello ladies!:flower: I'm new to this thread and am due on the 10th of March with my first!

Hi and welcome! :hi:

Hi, I came across this thread while searching for thyroid problems and pregnancy. I was told not to take calcium supps or dairy products as well as iron for atleast 2-4 hours after taking my thyroid medication. Apparently iron and calcium prevent the absorption of thyroid medication.

Welcome Indi Ocean and GFGuy!!!

So, I am almost 12 weeks, and my nausea has pretty much disappeared. I know that's normal at this stage, but I'm still paranoid. Pregnancy plays with our heads so much!

So I ended up canceling my root canal. I was literally hyperventilating in the parking lot. I rescheduled for next week. Hoping my doc can give me anxiety meds because I just cannot do it :(

According to the first calculations, I'm a plum today!
But tomorrow I'm having another scan to check due date and age of the baby.

Hopefully, the date isn't changed too much...and wow, I get to see my baby again! :happydance: I hope everything is alright (as it was 2 weeks ago with some movements and a heartbeat).

Welcome new people! I didn't think we were going to get anymore joining us at this point so that was a nice surprise!

So today is nuchal scan day for me. Haven't slept all that well as scans hold a unique scariness for me these days but positive thoughts etc etc and I will update you all later hopefully with some pics.

Deep breaths...all together now. "I have no reason to think there would be anything wrong".....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->