2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Oh yes, I think our doctor mentioned something about the harmony test and said it's much less invasive than the an amniocentesis (no idea how to spell that... or if I'm even calling it the right thing...)

We're doing our NT testing on 9/11 (not the best day unfortunately). But we decided to do it for the ultrasound really. I think I need that reassurance that baby is ok. There's no way I could wait till 20 weeks for the next one. That may not be the best reason to have it done, but I'm just being honest. Plus our Dr. gave us the impression that pretty much all of her patients do it and why not. Especially since it's just odds, not a yes or no. But everyone does have great points. I will be a bit nervous when the time comes, but I'm not stressing over it. I realize that I could be totally wrong in assuming everything will be ok bc there's no history & I'm young, but at the same time why stress until I have reason to.

So I had another scan today to determine baby's age. As I thought, he or she is at least 12w1d. But baby couldn't stay still! :laugh2: So my midwife had such a problem measuring and one of her co-workers had to check as well and came up with everything between 12w4d and 13w1d.

The baby really gave them something to work with. :p

On Monday we're off to do a Nuchal scan and then we'll also have a better picture. But here he or she is. :cloud9: <3

https://i.imgur.com/nt4bDDR.jpg

So I had another scan today to determine baby's age. As I thought, he or she is at least 12w1d. But baby couldn't stay still! :laugh2: So my midwife had such a problem measuring and one of her co-workers had to check as well and came up with everything between 12w4d and 13w1d.

On Monday we're off to do a Nuchal scan and then we'll also have a better picture. But here he or she is. :cloud9: <3

I bet it's a girl! Do you know when you ovulated?

Great scan! Amazing how they change in just a few weeks. I can't wait for mine on Tuesday so I can start getting some gender guesses :D

I bet it's a girl! Do you know when you ovulated?

Thank you all! :hugs:

Yeah, on June 11th according to FF and OPK. LMP was on May 29th. A girl you say? Hmm...somehow I talked about the baby with my OH on our way home and accidentally said "he". Only time will tell. :) How come you think it's a girl?

It will be so much fun when we start actually having ultrasounds to determine the sex! I can not wait to know :)

Some people are good at figuring it out from the nub theory, but I don't see a nub in your scan pic, Millhaven.

I read somewhere if you have 2 or 3 lines on a scan where the boy/girl parts are its a girl. I really have no idea though.

It will be so much fun when we start actually having ultrasounds to determine the sex! I can not wait to know :)

Some people are good at figuring it out from the nub theory, but I don't see a nub in your scan pic, Millhaven.

Agreed! :D

Ah, I didn't know about the nub theory (just looked it up). I have some videos as well, but I'm not sure if they're any good in that case. It's just adorable to watch the little one move around like crazy. :cloud9:

Some people think the shape of the skull can give some clues, too. I've read that it's not accurate, but it's still fun. They all just look baby shaped to me, unless I'm looking at a clear, well timed potty shot ;)

I read somewhere if you have 2 or 3 lines on a scan where the boy/girl parts are its a girl. I really have no idea though.

Really? All these theories... so much fun. :) Like I said, only time will tell. I'm happy whichever gender the baby is.

I heard about the ring dangling over the belly (or a picture) too, my mother likes to do that when someone in the family is having a baby. Think she have had correct guesses every time.

Really? All these theories... so much fun. :) Like I said, only time will tell. I'm happy whichever gender the baby is.

I heard about the ring dangling over the belly (or a picture) too, my mother likes to do that when someone in the family is having a baby. Think she have had correct guesses every time.

We'll have to hire her to dangle rings over all our bellies ;)

Awww gorgeous pic millhaven:cloud9: Cute that baby wouldn't stay still, you might have your hands full in a few months:haha:

I'm hyperthyroid, so that's not a dairy issue?

I'll have the nuchal and will see if insurance covers the materniT21. My 2nd and 3rd kids came back with odds of 1:4 and 1:5:wacko: Had CVS done both times (which wasn't anywhere near as bad as I anticipated) and they're both fine. Last baby had 2 soft markers, spots in heart and bowel but was unable to have the amnio due to the huge subchorionic. He's also fine, no idea why the results came back so scary! Very much a personal decision:hugs:

Millhaven I guess boy:baby:

Mmmmm bacon :munch: I had no idea you can cure it yourself, that's cool!

Mykyerby my NT would be the day after yours:baby:

Hope everyones having a good a day as possible:hugs:

My bleeding has slowed some, still cramping really bad though :( Only a couple hours till I see my OB though. Miss Frick, how's your bleeding now?

Cute scan, millhaven! I'm pretty good at nub guesses, but I do not see the nub in this particular scan so I can't offer one up just yet.

It's so crazy to me that all of our babies (well, I'm a few weeks behind a lot of you ladies) are looking like actual babies now. It seems like just last week they were all still little grains of rice on the scan. <3

We are definitely having the NT at 12 weeks. I'm the kind of person that needs to know of any issues beforehand. Of course, any issue that may be apparent would never hinder our love for our little one, but I just need to be prepared. I'd like to do a ton of research before baby was born, so I wouldn't feel like I was going into it blindly.

Hi everyone,

Glad to see the scans are all going well. Mine's tomorrow which I'm pretty thankful for as started bleeding pretty heavily again today. It's driving me crazy :wacko: Oh well, fingers crossed everything goes well tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing baby again :cloud9:

Hope all you ladies are doing great :flower:

Hugs to all the ladies having bleeding! That's gotta really play with your head!!

https://www.pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/articles/938385/how-fast-is-your-babys-heart-beating

If you have a Doppler without a digital readout, try this site. Putting it here so I can find it when I'm on my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->