2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Good luck mummy3!

My scan was perfect, measuring a couple days behind, but not a big deal (I'm 11+6 and I think I was measuring at 11+3). They're not changing my due date at all, because this was the first time I wasn't measuring spot-on with my dates. Squiggles was jumping around and rolling and stretching, and I finally got to hear a heartbeat and it was in the 160's! After, I talked to the doctor and he said my risk is down to 3% MC for the rest of the pregnancy. About 8-10% of women have spotting, and it can last the entire pregnancy and the baby can still be fine. I'm exhausted and it's dark in my den right now (it's going to pour rain it's so bad NellyLou!), but I'll upload a couple pics a little later. The tech was really nice and printed us out about 6, including 2 where Squiggs is stretched out really long.

Also, they did my ISP test today (I think it's just what they call the NT test). I was supposed to do it next week but Squiggs was in perfect position so we just did it since I was there. My measurements were in the healthy range, and then I had to give 5 vials of blood (no fun). We opted for it because I wanted another u/s to see Squiggles. DF had some feelings about what we would do if the results were positive, but I don't think it ultimately would have changed anything. In any case, nuchal measurement was negative so that's good.

I took our announcement photo last night and edited it, I'll share that with you guys on Sunday after I've put it on Facebook. Then I will join the Facebook group as well!

Sorry I'm so long-winded, I wanted to get everything in.

So jealous of all your scans I'll only get one if I don't hear a hb on Thursday or on my gender scan at 18 weeks :(

Good luck mummy3!

My scan was perfect, measuring a couple days behind, but not a big deal (I'm 11+6 and I think I was measuring at 11+3). They're not changing my due date at all, because this was the first time I wasn't measuring spot-on with my dates. Squiggles was jumping around and rolling and stretching, and I finally got to hear a heartbeat and it was in the 160's! After, I talked to the doctor and he said my risk is down to 3% MC for the rest of the pregnancy. About 8-10% of women have spotting, and it can last the entire pregnancy and the baby can still be fine. I'm exhausted and it's dark in my den right now (it's going to pour rain it's so bad NellyLou!), but I'll upload a couple pics a little later. The tech was really nice and printed us out about 6, including 2 where Squiggs is stretched out really long.

Also, they did my ISP test today (I think it's just what they call the NT test). I was supposed to do it next week but Squiggs was in perfect position so we just did it since I was there. My measurements were in the healthy range, and then I had to give 5 vials of blood (no fun). We opted for it because I wanted another u/s to see Squiggles. DF had some feelings about what we would do if the results were positive, but I don't think it ultimately would have changed anything. In any case, nuchal measurement was negative so that's good.

I took our announcement photo last night and edited it, I'll share that with you guys on Sunday after I've put it on Facebook. Then I will join the Facebook group as well!

Sorry I'm so long-winded, I wanted to get everything in.

That's great news glad everything is ok

I'm so glad everything looks good, missfrick! Now that you're hopefully a little less worried, I'm dying to know what your wedding dress looks like :D

I'm so glad everything looks good, missfrick! Now that you're hopefully a little less worried, I'm dying to know what your wedding dress looks like :D

Tried to find a pic online but it was microscopic... guess you'll have to wait for wedding photos!!!

Ok, ok...you ladies have unknowingly talked me into buying a Doppler! Just ordered it and should be here in a few days! :happydance: I can not wait to try it!

Hey everyone! So hard to keep up with this thread!

Congrats to everyone that had their scans! Looking like real babies now!

So I just realized that I shouldn't be eating lunch meats.. and I've quite a few sandwiches over these last weeks... Now worried!
Haven't had much of anything with symptoms, so I guess I'm lucky? It's basically been that way from the start though...

If you're feeling ok, I'm sure you're fine. I think the risk of listeria from processed lunchmeats is really low anyway, they just warn against it because if you do happen to be the very rare case, the effects can be really bad. I've had a little salami and pepperoni here and there when it's been the only palatable meat.

As far as I've heard, you're not supposed to eat cold meat. Pepperoni on a pizza or something is fine. Some people will say that you should avoid all cured meats, that the nitrates are bad, and so on. I have yet to see any scientific evidence or be told by a medical professional that cured meats are bad, and pepperoni and bacon are some of the only meats I can eat right now, so I'm still eating them, so long as they're heated to steaming.

my husband is a nutritionist.. and he said nitrates in cured meats are easily neutralized by consuming vitamin C with them, such as orange juice. apparently the vitamin C bonds with the nitrates and makes them so your body isnt harmed.. which is great news for bacon and salami lovers

Here's Squiggs... can't believe how much (s)he was moving around already, arching its back!

I don't see a nub at all, so it was impossible for me to do a nub test, but my intuition is still saying "boy" (and I usually say "he" in conversation because it's generic)...

Attachments

• IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0976.JPG
    IMG_0976.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 9
Look at that stretch!!

I alternate between he and she at random. It's better than it, I guess.

Awwww miss frick:cloud9::happydance:Such cute pics!! So glad everything went well for you!! Cant wait for wedding pics either!! I'm going to guess girl from the scan pics:winkwink:

I eat lunch meat, well if it stays down I'll eat it lol

My ultrasound went well, baby is fine :) Due date changed again to march 20th. Its the hematoma bleeding and I should have realized that without jumping to panic! She says to rest more, no housework, lifting or sex. Also got given the panorama test (they have printed my old insurance card with it so need to change that so fx not a giant flap) is anyone else doing this? In the past I had just had to do the CVS. I ticked the box to find out gender too :argh: So if I can do it tomorrow, will know next week!

Dentdoc, make the most of minimal symptoms:hugs: Those with minimal want more and those with more want none, cant win:winkwink:

What kind of dopplers are everyone using?

One of my mom friends had her daughter yesterday, 7.6lb with lots of brown hair:cloud9: Cant wait to get snuggles:cloud9:

What about names? Anyone set on theirs yet?

Pic from scan, its the OBs in office machine so not the clearest and excuse my son in the background

Attachments

• IMAG3205.jpg
    IMAG3205.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 18
Glad the scan looks good!

We've had a girl name for years, but don't have a set middle name, and we're arguing over boy names. I guess we'll worry more when we know what we're having, no need to argue over boy names if we're having a girl.

Can we know your girls name? Its hard enough choosing names that if its an argument then def better to save it until its needed! My friend that just had her baby, they haven't been able to decide on a name and now her hubby is avoiding it!

I've used all my names:coffee:

Oh no, I'd hate to have no name and the baby was already here!

We love Valentine for a girl. I'm kind of worried about using it if the baby comes in February, though. It's a bit cheesy and everyone would assume that's why we did it, you know? But then again, half the time we tell people they think it would be adorable for a February baby. I'll just make sure to keep my knees tight together til March 1 so I don't have to think about it.

I think my top choice for a boy right now is Theodore (we'd probably call him Teddy), but I don't feel about it the same way we feel about Valentine, you know? He likes Theodore a lot, but really wants Vincent after his grandfather. I could live with Vincent, but he barely knew his grandfather (he was a toddler when he died), and I'm not naming a baby after someone who we know basically nothing about. If he wants to use it, he needs to talk to his family about whether grandpa was worthy of it, you know? If he doesn't want to have that conversation we can use Vincent as a middle name, no questions asked.

I may have been referring to the baby as Teddy on occasion to get DH used to the idea ;)

Valentine is a gorgeous name:cloud9: I have an old uni friend that called her daughter valentina, nn valya (she's Russian) lovely feminine and unique name:cloud9:

Teddy is seriously cute! Vincent is nice too but teddy is cuter! Lovely nn for baby/toddler and a great masculine adult name.

I hear you on the naming after issue. Hubby has wanted Beresford after his granddad forever but I just cant do it:blush: He also didn't know his grandfather well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->