2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I've been looking at bump photos for days. Especially an older thread with plus sized ladies, since I'm overweight and it seems more applicable. I think I'd probably be showing a little by now if I was thinner. I look rounder, but looking in the mirror, I feel like my face and shoulders are a little thinner, and I haven't gained any weight in awhile, so it may be baby squishing things around and making room. When did those of you who already have kids start to show a little on your first pregnancies? Now that the cat's out of the bag and everyone knows, I'm looking forward to looking a little pregnant legitimately, and not just because I squashed all the fat into maternity pants ;)

Valentine is a gorgeous name:cloud9: I have an old uni friend that called her daughter valentina, nn valya (she's Russian) lovely feminine and unique name:cloud9:

Teddy is seriously cute! Vincent is nice too but teddy is cuter! Lovely nn for baby/toddler and a great masculine adult name.

I hear you on the naming after issue. Hubby has wanted Beresford after his granddad forever but I just cant do it:blush: He also didn't know his grandfather well.

Beresford! Now there's a name!

I like the nickname potential for Theodore, too. Plenty of options. I'm a Lindsay, and I have zero nickname options, and it annoys me. And if Valentine hates her name, she can go by Val and everyone will just assume she's a Valerie or something.

I'm surprised that DH is so focused on his grandfather. You'd think if he wanted to name the baby after someone, he'd pick someone who he knows or knew. He has an uncle Ed who's pretty cool, and there are a couple significant Edwards in my family, so it seems more sensible to me.

Missfrick and mummy3, so glad our scans went well! Mine is tomorrow ... Eeek!

And missfrick, the rain was awful!

Theodore is our first choice for a boy as well :). I love it! I have always found girl names a lot more difficult, but we are leaning towards Georgia at the moment. Not telling any friends and family our name choices until the little one is here though... We don't want any unsolicited opinions lol!

Had buckets of rain here too this afternoon.

If baby is a girl I want to name her Rebekah Louise. Rebekah I just really like, Louise was my mom's middle name and she passed away in March. There's a real pissibity this baby could come on the year to date from her death. Even if not it's certainly going to be close. If baby is a he like almost all of my friends think, I'm not sure. Maybe Nathaniel Louis?

I've only told friends who I know I can trust to not be jerks. I do want someone to tell us if we're accidentally naming the kid something awful, you know? But I don't want to deal with any people who just happen to not like it.

We have one name for each sex picked out, but want to consider other options. I've had a baby-name list since I was about 18. The problem is, now that we have the names picked, I'm so in love with them, especially the girl's name. But I know we shouldn't stay too limited. Also, we are Jewish, so will need to give the baby a Hebrew name as well; this is hard because there are all kinds of traditions about naming the baby after dead family members - usually you use the first letter of their first name for both the English and Hebrew names. However, some of our English options are pretty unique and not after anyone (the boy's specifically) so we want to at least try to get the Hebrew names after family members, while still trying to tie the two names together somehow (like, if we like the name Maple, than have the Hebrew name be "tree" or something similar, if that makes sense - and no, Maple isn't one of the names).

SO I was walking my dog tonight and my neighbor who is pregnant (late 40's, 6 months prego) told me that she found out her baby's sex at 12 weeks through a blood test... is this an option? safe? ???

Ooh, Hebrew names are so pretty!

DH told me I looked great tonight, and that he thinks he's starting to see that fabled pregnancy glow (awwww). I told him it's probably because this is the first time in a month I've actually been awake :D Amazing what a difference not having bags under your eyes can make!

We picked out baby names a month before trying. We were supposed to move to japan and wanted to have Japanese names but we ended up with orders to florida. Ao we kept the japanese names list we figure its unique and fits our eccentric personalities. Hinata for a girl and hiruzen for a boy.

Bookity, so sorry about your mum :hugs: I lost my mum in January, she was my best friend :( I have found myself getting more upset since I was pregnant, guess it's the hormones! I'd like to call my baby if a girl Annie Rose after my mum. Haven't decided on a boys name yet x

For us we love jaxon for a boy and for a girl havent really picked one yet but im loving remmy

Here's Squiggs... can't believe how much (s)he was moving around already, arching its back!

I don't see a nub at all, so it was impossible for me to do a nub test, but my intuition is still saying "boy" (and I usually say "he" in conversation because it's generic)...

Pic from scan, its the OBs in office machine so not the clearest and excuse my son in the background

Gorgeous pics!! I so can't want wait for mine next week. So looking forward to seeing our little one again.

Missfrick, im going to guess you've got a little lady! I was convinced Lucie was a boy. My 'intuition' told me it was a boy and i was so drawn to boys clothing etc.

Awww gorgeous pic millhaven:cloud9: Cute that baby wouldn't stay still, you might have your hands full in a few months:haha:

Millhaven I guess boy:baby:

Thank you!
Haha, probably. But I'm used to having kids roam around..I'm a kindergarten teacher. ;)

Cute scan, millhaven! I'm pretty good at nub guesses, but I do not see the nub in this particular scan so I can't offer one up just yet.

It's so crazy to me that all of our babies (well, I'm a few weeks behind a lot of you ladies) are looking like actual babies now. It seems like just last week they were all still little grains of rice on the scan. <3

Thank you! Yeah, even my mother thought it was awesome that you can see so much pretty early. :D I'm amazed too!

Here's Squiggs... can't believe how much (s)he was moving around already, arching its back!

Aw, look at that! :flower:

I think my top choice for a boy right now is Theodore (we'd probably call him Teddy), but I don't feel about it the same way we feel about Valentine, you know?

Wow, you and I have the same top choice for a boy's name. Except we'd probably call him Theo. ;) As for a girl, we're dead set on Lily.

If baby is a girl I want to name her Rebekah Louise. Rebekah I just really like, Louise was my mom's middle name and she passed away in March. There's a real pissibity this baby could come on the year to date from her death.

So sorry to hear about your mother! :hugs: And about your mother katestar53, too!

The thing with special dates, I have that too. My grandmother passed away last year after battling cancer and it was so very hard for me. This baby is due her birthday. It's so odd.

We picked out baby names a month before trying. We were supposed to move to japan and wanted to have Japanese names but we ended up with orders to florida. Ao we kept the japanese names list we figure its unique and fits our eccentric personalities. Hinata for a girl and hiruzen for a boy.

I love Japanese names! :D They definitely stand out. ;)

We already used our favorite girl name for DD (Penelope Grace), so we're having more problems finding girls names. We like a couple that don't work in French (Imogen, Briony and Poppy) but we have a couple that work in both languages (Stella, Madeleine). We definitely love Ruth for a middle name, since it doesn't matter if it works in French.
For a boy we're pretty much settled on James Elijah.

We already used our favorite girl name for DD (Penelope Grace), so we're having more problems finding girls names. We like a couple that don't work in French (Imogen, Briony and Poppy) but we have a couple that work in both languages (Stella, Madeleine). We definitely love Ruth for a middle name, since it doesn't matter if it works in French.
For a boy we're pretty much settled on James Elijah.

I was meant to be Charlotte Ruth, instead I'm Ruth Charlotte!

Thanks ladies. Another oddity is my brothers wife is now pregnant and her baby's due date was changed to my moms birthday sep 3rd, at a scan sometime after her passing. she's having a repeat c so she's actually having baby Monday! But when it changed we thought it was def a good sign that baby was going to be just fine. SIL had 2 losses prior to this pregnancy, so we needed a good sign.

I suspect that my SPD that I suffered with in my pregnancy with ds2 is returning. Early this time too. I was out shopping with my mum and my boys yesterday all day, so lots of walking, I felt fine, just tired. Today my left hip and left side of pelvis is really aching and is worse when I'm walking. Sigh.

Good Morning ladies! Just had my ultrasound and everything looked great! We could see the little one wriggling all around :) I love it!

MissFrick, that is fun that you get to choose two names, but I understand how it makes it more difficult to choose names when the tradition is to name after someone. My husband is Greek and their tradition is to name after the Grandparents.... Not going to happen! I like MIL's name, but definitely not FIL's hahaha.

Good Morning ladies! Just had my ultrasound and everything looked great! We could see the little one wriggling all around :) I love it!

Yay! :happydance: It's such an amazing feeling seeing your baby wriggling around even though it's to early to feel it yourself. Good to know everything looked like it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->