2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm sentimental about things, so thinking about names I just automatically think to name them after people.

We do the middle names after people. Our DD's middle names are after our sisters. Although Georgia is my DH's grandmother's name and my dad's middle name is George, so that would end up being named after them. And if we have a boy, the middle names will be after my brother and DH's grandfather.

NellyLou I'm so happy everything is great. You'll have to post a pic later!

Hi Everyone!

I can't seem to get settled on a name for boy or a girl until I know the gender. Right now we are leaning towards Bradyn for a boy and Brooklynn for a girl. I am not sure on middle names yet, because we usually do the middle names after a family member.

I had an appt with my OBGYN yesterday and she brought in the ultrasound machine to look at the heartbeat! I wasn't expecting to get to see our little bean, so it was a pleasant surprise! I got one picture, and it really isn't that great, because she did it so quick to just look at the heartbeat. I will post it later from my phone. s/he waved at us though on the screen! It was awesome!

I'm loving the names so far! We are pretty sure on our girls name, McKayla Rea (pronounced Ray...my mom's maiden name) but we are not 100% on boy name yet. We both like Austin, but haven't decided on a middle name yet.

I'm bummed we couldn't get a better picture, but I since I wasn't expecting anything at all, I'm grateful that we have this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
Our ob/gyn told us that less than 30% of her patients do the testing, but that it is 100% our decision whether or not we wanted to have the tests. We have decided that we would not do these tests. She told us that it often shows false positives. We don’t want to add any extra stress to the pregnancy and the test wouldn’t change whether or not we would keep our baby. She actually told us that if termination was not something we would consider, then she would recommend we didn’t do it. Of course we wouldn’t terminate, regardless of the results! But, like others said…this is our opinion and I do not look down on others and their decisions.

Same thing here. Honestly, my OBGYN hasn't done any sort of testing or even an exam on me aside from my regular blood sugar tests (diabetes) and regular progesterone tests because of my progesterone. I tried to talk to him about doing the Panorama/MaterniT21 tests since they are just a simple blood draw and no risk at all, but he told me he doesn't recommend them regardless of age. (I am 37) He asked me very simply, would these results make you terminate the pregnancy? I said no. So then he said there was no point. All it would do was cause me to worry about something that may or may not happen. These tests give you insight, but can't give results with 100% certainty that the baby has a problem.

I am high risk due to age, infertility issues, borderline blood pressure, diabetes, and progesterone issues..... but I don't even see him again until I am 16 weeks. That's when he said we'll probably start doing some of the more standard tests. Even with my reproductive endocrinologist I only had my progesterone and liver enzymes tested... well, besides the beta HCG at the beginning.

I was disappointed that the OBGYN wasn't recommending the test I wanted, because honestly I just wanted it because it tells gender too and I am impatient. :haha: BUT I am thankful I didn't bother with it. Enough things stress me out right now, and thank goodness my Doppler is finally finding baby regularly now! If I had to worry about problems that may or may not happen, I would probably go insane. :wacko: (But I do have a part of me that would want to know so I could be prepared if something was wrong with the baby.)

I'm bummed we couldn't get a better picture, but I since I wasn't expecting anything at all, I'm grateful that we have this

That reminds me of the pic I got at 11 weeks. I made a comment that it was my alien baby, since you could see baby's skull so vividly. My 11 weeks ultrasound was done at my OBGYN's office at the hospital, and their ultrasound machines were ancient compared to the ones that my Reproductive Endocrinologist used. My profile pic was a 9 week 3D shot. The tech at my 11 weeks ultrasound did a 3D shot too... and it just looks like complete fuzz. My OBGYN is moving to a new, independent practice. So I am really hoping he gets some newer ultrasound equipment.

All the same, it's a great scan pic when it shows baby is doing great! :thumbup:

We've not decided 100% on names yet, but I think we're pretty close. Xander Gauge if it's a boy (probably about 90% on that one). If it's a girl, her first name will absolutely be Xaverie (pronounced Zavery). That is 100%. We just can't quite find a middle name we like.

Elphabaa- It does look a little like an alien! Yeah, the machine she used was not very high tech, and on top of that she did not have a lot of time to spend with us looking at the profile and such. I am just happy that we got an ultrasound at all, alien or not lol. I was happy too because my husband insisted on coming to my appointment with me (because it's probably the only one he will be able to go to) even though I told him it would be boring and we wouldn't even see the baby. But surprise! He got to see the little one, which was exciting! So I am glad that he came :happydance:

When is everyone having their gender scans? I am thinking about paying for one at 16 weeks, but I am nervous that they won't be able to tell. The place that I was considering has a ton of amazing reviews on yelp, and a lot of them were early gender scans. But I want to have a small gender reveal party the next day, and I would hate to plan it and not know the gender.

Three Theodores already! I knew it was getting popular, but maybe it's getting too popular...

One of my best friends has a 7 month old Ruth. She's such a cutie. It might have been on our list if it wasn't "taken." We've considered Ruta (it's Lithuanian) as a middle name, and it has a similar sound, but I kind of feel like if I name a kid something uncommon like Valentine, I should give her a normal middle name to fall back on. God, naming people is such a huge responsibility, isn't it?

Here is the pic of our little Bean! He or She is waving :)

We can only get our gender scans at 20 weeks. It seems like it's so far away though!

(Edited to crop my name out of the photo lol)

Attachments

• Baby Bean 4.jpg
    Baby Bean 4.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 15
I'm not sure when I'll get offered the anatomy/gender scan, but I'm going to aim for about 18 weeks at the latest. We'll be out of town through week 21, and I don't get ultrasounds onsite at the midwife's office. Scan at 18 weeks and monthly midwife appointment at 19 so we can discuss the scan seems like a good plan, and then I can go on my trip knowing everything is ok.

If I can't get in around 18 weeks for some reason, I might just do a private scan. They're not too expensive here.

I love the scans, ladies :) Even the less clear ones are way better than some I've seen. My friend had one that I swear was just gray blur. She kept trying to show me the baby, but it was like one of those Magic Eye pictures. I just couldn't see it...

Adorable AllyssaandJosh!

We had a funny scan at 20 weeks with my daughter. It was her face head one, and looked like just her skull! It seriously was creepy!

A friend of my husband had one like that. Baby looked just like Skeletor. Thankfully, he came out a cute pudgy baby and not an evil skeleton ;)

Lol! I don't even know why they print the photos like that!

If I got one like that, I would probably frame it above the mantle, just for laughs ;)

haha yeah the skeleton isn't always the "cutest" images.

The gender scan at the office that I found does it for $75 and if they can't find the gender, you can return for free. I just need to know gender sooner, because I have to have a baby shower at only 20-22 weeks, since I am moving to a different state where I have no friends and family. So I think it is worth a try at 16 weeks, but I am already so anxious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->