2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Aaargh! I just typed a big long response and hit the wrong button and deleted it all.

Frenchie, I think 14 weeks is second trimester no matter how you measure it. I guess you're just a smaller orange than I am!

LilFooshFoosh, sounds exhausting!

Bucherwurm, good luck at the appointment. It should be easy to hear the heartbeat by now, I think.

Mummy Smurf, I hope you can take care of the abscess without needles, but please take care of it even if it does mean needles. I hate them, too, but mouth infections can be very dangerous. The blood vessels in your mouth basically have a direct line to the heart, and that's nothing to mess around with.

NellyLou, I had butt pain for a big chunk of the first trimester. It sounds like it was a little lower than yours. Mine was in the pelvis, and felt like joint pain. It was worse when I walked, and worse in the morning, and kind of felt like I'd been sitting on a concrete bench for six hours. I hope yours eases up.

Alyssa, I hope you'll report back about your gender scan. Mine is Sunday!

CMR, take it easy! My stamina isn't what it used to be, either.

Hopeful, your announcement is so cute. I bet Milo can't wait ;)

HopefulInNL - that is a very cute announcement! Having everyone know does make it feel more real! It's amazing to share the excitement :happydance:

I will definitely report back to you guys on Saturday when I find out! All I want to do is talk about baby stuff. You guys have been a great distraction from the paper that I have to write today. Talking about babies is much more appealing than analyzing Apple's annual report!

MrsK- I am excited to hear back from you on Sunday as well! I am going to have to fight the urge to go shopping as soon as we know if we're team pink or blue!

Me too! I hope I get a really obvious, definite answer, and not a "well, I'm pretty sure it's a girl??"

I tutor Thursday nights, but we had some time off before the kids all started school again. Tonight we have the start of the year tutoring meeting, and I'm going to see all these people who I haven't seen since before we announced. I don't know if it's going to be exciting or awkward. Probably both!

What a cute announcement HopefulinNL. Is that a onesie for University of Southern Mississippi?! :) That is where I went to school! :)

So excited to see what the gender is for everyone! :)

What a cute announcement HopefulinNL. Is that a onesie for University of Southern Mississippi?! :) That is where I went to school! :)

So excited to see what the gender is for everyone! :)

Thank you! It is actually for University of Iowa...our favorite college team :)

Cute announcement Hopeful!

Nelly: I've had a little pain in my tailbone area when I sit too much, never used to get it before. However, since I don't work, I have been spending a lot of time laying down, so maybe my bum just isn't used to sitting anymore.

I have my 15 week appt tomorrow, can't wait to hear the heartbeat on the doppler! Then I'll feel better again (lol, I don't know why I need so much proof, I'm very clearly pregnant)

Mummy Smurf, I hope you can take care of the abscess without needles, but please take care of it even if it does mean needles. I hate them, too, but mouth infections can be very dangerous. The blood vessels in your mouth basically have a direct line to the heart, and that's nothing to mess around with

It's only appeared today and our stupid docs closes at half 3 which is very annoyin as it wasn't til late on I realized exactly what was going on. But I also done a lot of research today and know it's a serious thing as can cause preterm Labour which is why il be straight on the phone to docs for antibiotics in the morning and if they don't give me non then il be going a n e :D but hopefully it doesn't come to that thankfully I'm in no pain with it now so should get some sleep :D

Cute announcement hopeful! Your dog looks like such a cheeky character, I love it!

Exciting scans coming up- so alyssa and mrs k you are this weekend? And I'm Monday and then I think we've got some the week after from memory too?

I'm feeling more grounded about The scans in The Room with The Doctor. And I'm realizing that one good experience there will be all it takes to get through it. My scan on Monday isn't in the MFM unit, it's another scan place as it's gender so that will help me too I think. Overall though I'm holding it together for the main part! Still haven't announced at 15 weeks and pretty sure people just think I'm comfort eating through the situation haha! Maybe after Monday we will go public!

Mummy3 are you going back to vote? I forgot to ask you! We've been away too long so we don't get to vote but I'm watching it with interest!

Hey all just wandering what do kicks feel like in early days? I'm currently 13week 4days and tryin to figure if what I just felt was baby kickin it was weird kinda like baby kicked three times in a row all close together

I found it felt like someone was tapping their finger, but inside. Not overly strong at this point :)

We were just talking about this on the Facebook page. I haven't felt anything yet, but it seems like the most common description of early movement is flutters, or like having a goldfish swim around inside you.

I found it felt like someone was tapping their finger, but inside. Not overly strong at this point :)

Hmm very possible it was baby then, it wasn't hard very gentle but fast :p and with knowin baby likes my belly button it makes it even more possible :p I never felt kicks etc with my first so it's all new to me :D

I'm psyching myself out now. Just felt some flutters, but I'm pretty sure it's just hunger. So hungry...

Swampmaiden- Congrats on your lovely scan! I meant to ask you how the place was. Was it easy to find? Mission Valley can be a crazy place on Saturdays lol

Thank you so much Alyssa, I too am very pleased with the scan.. and the place!! It was beautiful, and the lady who runs it was very nice. I didnt have any trouble finding it.. its right under the I-805 overcrossing the I-8, so those were great landmarks, plus I took surface streets rather than the freeways so traffic was no problem. Even found a spot to park in the shade. Hope everything goes just as well for you!! :flower:

Hopeful that is such a cute announcement:happydance:

Saturday and Sunday are soooooo close now, cant wait to hear what you're having! What's your guesses for gender?

I have a lot of pelvis/back whole body pain from the effect of the pregnancy hormones. My hips are popping in and out with walking and joints are dislocating even more than usual. The joys! I'm very grateful for having a disabled placard!!! If it doesn't ease, getting in with a good physio and getting the right exercises and positions for sleeping etc is something to look into as fast as possible. As well as a good support belt and assisted devices if it comes to that. Plus take advantage of the electric carts in the stores, they're a lot of fun :blush:

Drmum, I cant go back to vote, no way would be cleared to fly for a start and can you imagine taking the kids on the airplane :argh: What outcome are you hoping for? I hope its a NO, no doubt though, they'll play braveheart the night before and it'll be a YES :rofl: You're finding out gender on Monday too?:happydance: I'm glad you've made some peace with the appointment:hugs: I'm really dreading tomorrow, nowhere near as traumatic as your situation but the feeling of dread is overwhelming, you are very brave:hugs:

Tooth abcess is brutal, I hope you can get the antibiotics fast and get it well treated. I agree that you don't mess with mouth infections, they're linked to prematurity if they become chronic so not to be messed with:hugs:

Baby kicking for me is a mix of tapping and wriggles that kind of feel like a very localized cramp. Esp when a seatbelt is there, babies like to fight seatbelts lol.

Crazy morning again today, if its not one kid its another. My 14.5m old has had a rash for the last 6 days, its his reaction rash but its not gone down so we had to get him seen, which involved the poor guy getting a blood draw. They look for raised eosinophils (if they're elevated high again then he risks benadryl if not then we don't. He has to get all meds compounded because he reacts to dyes as well as all foods) plus he has raised liver enzymes so that needed done at the same time. He slammed his body into my bump so we both left feeling done in. Had to get my thyroid labs again too, fx its easing! Oh and I woke up with a big baby bump from nowhere this morning :rofl:

Swampmaiden, you found shade in San Diego?? :shock: Its been so hot lately its hard to imagine! Heatwave again next week, its hitting 105F in RB on Monday apparently:icecream:

Is it just Drmum and I that haven't announced? I wont on FB until after birth and trying to not tell MIL at all, just wait to see if she notices another one :rofl:

Aww, poor kiddo!

I think it's a girl, but that might be wishful thinking!

I still have weird flutters on and off all evening, but they're way too high to be baby. God knows what's going on...

We haven't announced publicly yet. We are still waiting to tell a lot of family, and I for sure don't want to say anything until after the big ultrasound next month.
Loving the announcements so far, though!

My appointment went well today. I was there for an hour, and have another one booked for four weeks away. I got to hear baby again. I wish my husband could hear it, but he will at least be able to go to the ultrasound.
We also went shopping at second hand stores today, and got some nice things for myself. Some are specific maternity, and some tops are just a larger size that seem roomy. We also picked up a couple of neutral baby clothes, a hat and a little Tigger bath robe.

Hey all just wandering what do kicks feel like in early days? I'm currently 13week 4days and tryin to figure if what I just felt was baby kickin it was weird kinda like baby kicked three times in a row all close together

Well for me early on flutters feel like someones constantly tickling me. Lately ive been feeling like a bump or a roll in my belly. So hard to explain but Im 13 weeks and have officially felt my baby. Felt like a roll and when I touched and pushed down on my belly baby moved again. Not like a little kick either but a full on body roll. I know it wont happen often right now since im still pretty early but was great to feel. So its possible your feeling baby. I never felt this intuned with my body with my first like I am now also.

Those of you who have mentioned feeling baby against the seat belt in the car... I know baby is still quite low down but you need to ensure you wear the seat belt correctly during pregnancy. Your midwife should have advised this..https://www.roaddriver.co.uk/safety-tips/driving-safety-tips-for-pregnant-women/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->