2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Congrats on our first boy jaysbaby!!

Gosh there are a load of us with secret pregnancies haha! How are you all hiding the bump at work and what's your plan if anyone asks you outright?

Mrs k And Alyssa not long until your scans - can't wait to hear!

I'm working all weekend so I guess it will go fast and then scan on Monday! Hope you all have a restful weekend though and I will be stalking for updates even if I cant reply at the time!!

Mummy3 yeah we aren't going back either - been away too long to be allowed to vote. I think same as you- if everyone at home gets all stirred up and braveheartish about life then it will happen but I think a no vote would be better for us all. I'm interested to see how it pans out that's for sure.

Oh everybody at work knows for me lol, there is definitely no way I can hide the bump!

NellyLou I never even thought that could be why I'm showing so much, but as soon as you said it I was like "duh!" I would have came to visit but DF is on a camping trip, sort of a "bachelor party" for him, so I don't have a pass to get onto the second floor. Next time for sure I will!

Had an ultrasound this morning! Everything went well! Saw baby bouncing, and one of the pics looks like a wave! haha. :baby:

Attachments

• 9.12.14 baby.jpg
    9.12.14 baby.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 9.14.12 baby2.jpg
    9.14.12 baby2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 9.14.12 baby3.jpg
    9.14.12 baby3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 10
congrats Jaysbaby!! First boy of the thread whoohoo

great scan, DentDoc ;)

Yay congrats Jaysbaby:happydance:

Busy weekend this weekend with gender scans:baby:

MrsK, I hope you don't lose your lodger, its got to be hard to find people you can live that close with.

Mummy_smurf, I'm glad you've got relief, not sure what co codamol is but I hope the spacing out the doses helps the pain. Tooth pain is the worst:hugs:

Drmum, you know the chances of braveheart being shown is pretty much 100% :rofl: How long have you guys been away? Whereabouts in Scotland are you from, I'm near Aberdeen.

Dentdoc, what a cute pic:cloud9:

Perinatology was surprisingly ok to deal with once there, the thought seems to be worse than the actuality. Scan went great, baby looks good. Cervix is on the short side (2.8cm) but ok for now and placenta is previa but its so early so likely move up. Had to see 2 doctors due to the complicated history, in the end I was sent to the clinic director who was amazing last time:thumbup: He wants me to do the progesterone shots, says cant rule out that they didn't stop me delivering at 26 weeks or so instead of 31. The first was pushing for a cerclage but he said no, with my collagen disorder it would inevitably not hold and cause more issues. He said steroids at 24 weeks and then again at the time of pprom and we can do lung maturity tests from the amniotic fluid after that and when they come back safe( safe at 32+3 with my last daughter, a 3lber) I can get a trial of labour with pitocin:happydance: Have to go back at 19 weeks for the anatomy scan and then every 2 weeks after that with my OB in the weeks not there. Getting regular Doppler (I have had HELLP and eclampsia) and growth scans and cervical length. Very happy with this plan!!:cloud9:

Did get a row from my neurologist today though. I had stopped one of my seizure meds for my Isaacs syndrome on the advice of my pcp but perinatology said the pros for the med way outweigh the risks. So I had to email him to refil and he wasn't impressed that it wasnt being taken :argh:

Whats everyone upto this weekend? We're going to do BBQ pizza lol, swampmaiden, I honestly don't know how you're going to handle working outside in this, 106F on Monday :/ Is there anyway you can be moved inside until the worst is passed? This is very very hot well for anyone but its brutal when pregnant.:hugs:

Nelly, mine is really close to the front too and since the ligaments gave out yesterday the bump is all there:haha: Its very odd when they go from right at the front to sometimes trying to go right against the spine and the bump changes shape completely:haha:

Missfrick are you doing a bachelorette? I have a friend marrying on nov 29th, she's getting super stressed out with organizing etc

Anyone having anymore name ideas? Need as many ideas out there as possible:baby:

Cravings??

Got to say, for all the push on c sections, I had totally the opposite experience today. There's a few of us in San Diego so if for whatever reason a perinatologist is needed, the team and scripps/UCSD are amazing. The doctor I got my final plan, actually said that he thought he was going to have to persuade me to deliver vaginally!! That is after 2 prior c sections!! :thumbup: C sections are a disaster with my EDS1, with wound splitting after 3 months and severe pain. Whereas the upside to my condition is that natural delivery for me is fast, painless and no cuts/grazes. 4cm to out in 15 mins:haha:

He took the time to actually look into the history and research the best plan, even quoting the guidelines that a trial of labour can be had if there was a VBAC between c sections. He knew the course of my pregnancies and didn't try to say we can try for term, I cant get there. Instead he focused on attainable goals and how he was going to go all out to try and get us to 32 weeks and talked about all the pluses to getting there. Made me feel like I was actually doing good and not a failure for not being able to get there. Of course I love to hear about others getting to term!! But I hope I can be a help/support for anyone who finds themselves with a preemie:hugs:

Big ramble but I hope it can help any that may need it here in San Diego and to say that getting the right doctor can make a massive difference to the care:hugs:

I'm glad your appointment went well and you have a plan in place.

BBQ pizza sounds fun! My friends say you can put dough right on the grill, which just blows my mind. How does it not fall through the grates?? I'm babysitting my nephew tomorrow morning, and I don't think there's much going on Saturday afternoon. I'll try to hit Target on the way home, I think. Sunday we'll make brunch at home (I've been selling crafts at the farmers market for a couple months, and this is the first Sunday off to sleep in!), then off to our ultrasound, then if I get my way we'll go buy something gender specific :) I think DH has another 3 day weekend, so maybe we'll go to Ikea again (just kidding! I hope...).

I'm still craving sweets. I'd kill for a nice big yeast donut right now. One of DH's friends is a doula, and when I occasionally mention the pregnancy on Facebook, she always pops up with "advice." It's well meaning, but it's stuff that any pregnant woman on the internet has heard 100 times. I posted something yesterday about how being pregnant has turned me into a hobbit, because I now require breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, supper, dessert, and a midnight snack. She helpfully pointed out that you're supposed to get an extra 300 calories/day when pregnant, and that natural sugars like fruit are better than processed sugar. No shit... Apples are better than donuts?? Another mom friend chimed in with "F&$% it, eat donuts. Because making another person is hard, and donuts are delicious." I laughed, hard.

Anyone with fun new symptoms? (TMI) I finally caved and added prunes to the shopping list. I'm still going, it's just not as fun :blush: Might be why I'm gaining a little weight again.

mummy3: I don't know if I will have a bachelorette or not - I clearly can't drink, and being preggo at a strip club or something wouldn't be very exciting for me... maybe dinner with some friends; and I'm having a bridal shower two weeks before the wedding (I know it's so close together, but we're getting married in a hurry there's not much time to plan all of this). And yes, I am incredibly stressed.

So all the little aches and pains in the past were NOT round ligament pains. I know this because I now have round ligament pain, and holy $h!& does it hurt! Also having other ligament pains according to the nurse I saw today... everything underneath the uterus that it's pushing on is sore, including groin and cervix... ugh

OMG. DH just came up from the laundry room and said "I hate to say it, but I think we have to go to Ikea this weekend." I almost had a heart attack until further prodding revealed that it was a slip and he meant Costco....

Oh, for sure. I love Ikea, but I can't do it three weekends in a row! Especially since it's an hour away...

I'm waiting for my brother to pick me up for babysitting now. I kind of want to crawl back into bed and pretend I forgot :p I like the baby part, but not the waking up part...

We are team blue!!! 💙💙💙💙💙
Little boy snugging up to go to sleep. :cloud9::blue:

Attachments

• IMG_20140913_170859.jpg
    IMG_20140913_170859.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 17
Whats everyone upto this weekend? We're going to do BBQ pizza lol, swampmaiden, I honestly don't know how you're going to handle working outside in this, 106F on Monday :/ Is there anyway you can be moved inside until the worst is passed? This is very very hot well for anyone but its brutal when pregnant.:hugs:

Anyone having anymore name ideas? Need as many ideas out there as possible:baby:

Yeah, its going to be a cooker today.. we do have shade and an indoor section.. so I'll just be doing the lizard thing and rotating in and out of sun and shade to regulate my body temp.. Im really really hoping that this is going to be the last of the hot days here and that fall might actually begin soon.. Im really really really looking forward to cooler weather...

As for names.. I suggested Walter, esp bc our last name start with a W also, and I thought it'd be hilarious to have a Walter W. just like in Breaking Bad... my husband didnt think it was so funny tho :haha:

Awwww big congrats Hanni:baby: He is so cute:happydance:

Swampmaiden, I hear you. Hubby insists its going to be a hot winter though :/

MrsK that is a lot of IKEA!!! Costco is pretty fun:haha:

Congrats Hanni that's awesome, and what a cute bub he is!

You all are complaining about the heat, it's 9 degrees here today, and pouring rain! Poor DF is on his canoe camping trip, I hope he comes home tomorrow in good spirits...

Congrats, Hanni!

I think we've settled our boy name argument. DH wanted Vincent after his grandfather who he barely knew. It's not my favorite name, but I said I'd go along with it if he talked to his uncle about him, made sure he was a good guy and worth naming a kid after. I wasn't willing to go along with the perspective of a toddler, you know?

My first choice name was Theodore, though I wasn't absolutely married to the idea. He likes Theodore a lot, but couldn't get past Vincent.

So a couple nights ago, we're sitting around, watching tv, and the name Constantine comes up, so I threw it out there as a middle name. Turns out he really likes it. Over dinner last night, out of nowhere, he said he really loves Theodore Constantine, feels like it's a good, strong name, Theodore Roosevelt has probably been more of a role model to him than grandpa Vincent who he barely knew, and that's what he wants if it's a boy. Doesn't even want Vincent as a middle name. I don't know what happened in his brain to cause the switch, but it looks like we have a boy name we both love. I'm feeling a lot less anxious about the gender scan tomorrow now that I know a boy won't lead to more stress and disagreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->