2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Today I'm an avocado. This is going crazy fast! Find out if it's a little blue or pink avocado tomorrow.

That's exciting Hanni! Do you have a feeling if it's a boy or girl?

We still haven't announced. Everyone who has seen us knows, but my mom's side of the family in NB still doesn't know, and we haven't announced on FB. No reason other than we want to take a fun photo and haven't had a chance yet. We really need to do it soon!

We haven't announced yet either. My parents & younger brothers (twins) know because we see them all the time and they were starting to get worried I was really sick or something. A couple of other people know out of necessity.

We will definitely wait until after the MFM appointment to tell anyone else, if we decide to tell anyone yet. Ideally we will not be telling anymore family or friends until November. With work, we will most likely have to tell our immediate superiors after the MFM as we will probably have frequent appointments and I will almost definitely have a cerclage placed- so day sugery and some bed rest.

Been to docs today got amoxicillin which I take 3 times a day to kill the infection and cocodamol for the pain which is odd because I'm allowed 2tabs 4 times a day seems a lot to me? Iv had one dose thou and straight away I'm feeling better no pain :D

Glad you're feeling better mummy_smurf!

Lilfooshfoosh, it must be so stressful. Is the cerclage when they sew the cervix closed? (sorry, don't know all the technical terms...) I know I have heard of it, but can't remember what it was.

Yes, they basically wrap thread (sutures) around the cervix several times to help strengthen it and hold it closed. They don't usually go through it, just around. "Like a purse string" is how my dr explained it.

You can also get an abdominal cerclage, but that is a much more invasive procedure and permanent, so you can only have c-sections after. I don't think this is the type I will get though... fingers crossed

Hanni- That is so exciting! You will have to report back and let us know if your team pink or blue!

I cannot wait for my appointment tomorrow! I thought I had intuition pointing towards boy, but now I am doubting myself and thinking maybe girl. DH REALLY wants a boy though.

mummysmurf- I am so happy to hear that you aren't in pain anymore! What kind of tablets did they prescribe for the pain? If it's a low dosage, then I am sure 4 times a day is fine.

mummy3- I hope your little one's rash gets better! That must be miserable.

Hanni- That is so exciting! You will have to report back and let us know if your team pink or blue!

I cannot wait for my appointment tomorrow! I thought I had intuition pointing towards boy, but now I am doubting myself and thinking maybe girl. DH REALLY wants a boy though.

mummysmurf- I am so happy to hear that you aren't in pain anymore! What kind of tablets did they prescribe for the pain? If it's a low dosage, then I am sure 4 times a day is fine.

mummy3- I hope your little one's rash gets better! That must be miserable.

They gave me cocodamol for the pain and I see now why I'm allowed it 4 times. Within an hr n half I was in pain again and I'm not allowed any more til 6hrs after :( so I'm wandering if takin one instead of two then having another say an hr or so after would make it last longer, I'm gonna try it with the next dose at 6pm lol

Mummy-Smurf, apparently a lot of teeth/gum issues are genetic and can't always be prevented with brushing unfortunately. And pregnancy doesn't help teeth and gum health at all.

How is everyone doing today? I have started to get pain to the left of my tail bone and up a bit lately. It hurts a fair amount when I walk. Didn't experience this last time. Is anyone else having random pains?

Yes I have been getting what I refer to as butt cramps from the beginning and what a painful thing it is. I can't even move my entire leg when that happens

Hopeful that is such a cute announcement:happydance:

Saturday and Sunday are soooooo close now, cant wait to hear what you're having! What's your guesses for gender?

I have a lot of pelvis/back whole body pain from the effect of the pregnancy hormones. My hips are popping in and out with walking and joints are dislocating even more than usual. The joys! I'm very grateful for having a disabled placard!!! If it doesn't ease, getting in with a good physio and getting the right exercises and positions for sleeping etc is something to look into as fast as possible. As well as a good support belt and assisted devices if it comes to that. Plus take advantage of the electric carts in the stores, they're a lot of fun :blush:

Drmum, I cant go back to vote, no way would be cleared to fly for a start and can you imagine taking the kids on the airplane :argh: What outcome are you hoping for? I hope its a NO, no doubt though, they'll play braveheart the night before and it'll be a YES :rofl: You're finding out gender on Monday too?:happydance: I'm glad you've made some peace with the appointment:hugs: I'm really dreading tomorrow, nowhere near as traumatic as your situation but the feeling of dread is overwhelming, you are very brave:hugs:

Tooth abcess is brutal, I hope you can get the antibiotics fast and get it well treated. I agree that you don't mess with mouth infections, they're linked to prematurity if they become chronic so not to be messed with:hugs:

Baby kicking for me is a mix of tapping and wriggles that kind of feel like a very localized cramp. Esp when a seatbelt is there, babies like to fight seatbelts lol.

Crazy morning again today, if its not one kid its another. My 14.5m old has had a rash for the last 6 days, its his reaction rash but its not gone down so we had to get him seen, which involved the poor guy getting a blood draw. They look for raised eosinophils (if they're elevated high again then he risks benadryl if not then we don't. He has to get all meds compounded because he reacts to dyes as well as all foods) plus he has raised liver enzymes so that needed done at the same time. He slammed his body into my bump so we both left feeling done in. Had to get my thyroid labs again too, fx its easing! Oh and I woke up with a big baby bump from nowhere this morning :rofl:

Swampmaiden, you found shade in San Diego?? :shock: Its been so hot lately its hard to imagine! Heatwave again next week, its hitting 105F in RB on Monday apparently:icecream:

Is it just Drmum and I that haven't announced? I wont on FB until after birth and trying to not tell MIL at all, just wait to see if she notices another one :rofl:

You're not alone with the not announcing yet. We will tell my family next week, and in laws the week after, friends after that so will be 16 weeks before most people know. Decided not to do a FB announcement, really do not feel the need to tell people who are not regularly present in my life.

mummy3.. yes, i was lucky to find shade.. and yes, everyone has this worried tone when they say how were about to get a heatwave into the 90s.. with humidity.. Im scared lol esp cuz I have to work Saturday, and i work at a garden center so Ill be outside most the day :(

as for announcements.. we've told family, in-laws and a few co-workers, but Im waiting until Xmas for the official Facebook announcement. It's going to be everyones Xmas present from us haha

We plan on doing an fb announcement, but really only because neither of us live in the cities we are from so none of our extended family members live close. So we keep in contact on fb.

Anybody else super bored today? I am!

I haven't been awake long enough to be bored, but I'm sure I'll get there!

I keep sleeping really late, no matter what time I go to bed. I have to be up at 8 tomorrow, and I thought getting to bed earlier last night would help me get up earlier today and kind of prepare me, but I had a crappy dream that one of our dogs was really sick, and then I had to get up to pee, and even sleeping two hours longer than I intended, I'm not feeling very rested...

Our basement is a separate apartment, and we rent it out to a friend. He said this morning that he had an offer to go be someone's roommate that he's considering. It would be nice to have the storage space back, but we really don't want him to move. That's $500/month out of our pocket, and that pays all our insurance. It doesn't sound like he's considering it really strongly (there's really nowhere in Chicago where you can get your own apartment with utilities and internet included for $500 a month without a roommate, even if the ceilings are a little low :p), so fingers crossed that he stays. I don't know anyone else who we'd trust to live down there. And I was planning to pay him to shovel this winter when DH is at work, since I'm not allowed ;)

I think I'm gonna go hug my definitely not sick dog, and then find some lunch...

Oh I miss the days when I could sleep in to 8 :) No wonder I am so tired this time around!

Those dreams are awful, but at least it was just a dream and your dog was ok!

I hope your friend doesn't move!

Hi ladies, hope everyone's doing good! Well we found out for sure we're definitely having A BOY!!! We couldn't be more excited! We already have a 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter who are super excited as well!! :) :blue:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 7
Yay! Our first boy. Congrats. I put it up on the first page.

Getting up at 8:00 sounds wonderful! Better savor it while it lasts!

Getting up at 8:00 sounds wonderful! Better savor it while it lasts!

I know! I'm in big trouble when this baby comes... 8am is terribly early for me, I'm a bad insomniac. Even if I manage to fall asleep at a decent hour and sleep for 8 hours, I'm never as well rested as I'd be if I fell asleep at 1 or 2am and slept the same amount of time. It's part of the reason I'm really hoping breastfeeding works. I can just pop the kid on in a fog in the morning without getting out of bed. Once I'm out of bed, stumbling around, dealing with bottles, then the dogs will want to go out, and I'll try to make coffee in the wrong order, and it'll all go to hell :coffee:

Ooo our first boy!

MrsK I am a night owl too, I LOVE my sleep... Luckily I'm a good napper so I will sleep when the baby sleeps.

Had an OB appt today, 15 weeks, heard a strong heartbeat. The baby is near the front of my uterus, the nurse said she doesn't think she's ever had such a clear heartbeat on doppler at 15 weeks. Also, I was told my weight gain is in the normal range so that made me feel better too... Though the nurse also said I'm showing quite a bit for 15 weeks...

I do know some people who put their baby on their schedule so they slept 10pm -10am instead of 7-7. I just like having my evenings free rather than sleeping in lol.

Missfrick! Next time you have an appointment, come visit me! I am so freaking bored, especially today! Also, maybe since the baby is so close to the front, that is why you're showing more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->