2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I looked up the place we passed. See what they're doing to poutine here? What the hell is this?? https://chicago.eater.com/2014/4/3/...nes-on-the-big-cheese-poutinerie-menu-opening

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted! Congrats to all that found out gender! I'm getting a little jealous seeing all these early gender scans! Mine is scheduled for Nov. 3rd...seems so far from now! Although, I do go in next Wednesday for an ultrasound to measure my cervix...hoping maybe we will get an early peek at gender. Not sure if they do that or not.

Also, anyone else having a hard time finding child care? I can't even believe how many places I've contacted that are full until July or August! (I'm planning to go back to work sometime in May) Geesh!

Hope everyone is feeling great! :)

I hope they take a peek for you, Hopeful! It probably just depends on the office. If you haven't already, take a look online at what to look for in a gender ultrasound in case they'll let you take a peek but can't or won't interpret it for you.

So, here's my eye rolling complaint for the day. When DH does laundry, he does giant loads. It's like he never recovered emotionally from paying per load :p It drives me crazy, and it's even worse now because it's harder to get the loads up and down the stairs. He asked me to bring up the load in the dryer, and put the load in the washer into the dryer while he's at work. I emailed back to suggest that I'll be better able to help him with laundry if he does smaller loads (even suggested a certain laundry basket for size reference) and his suggestion is to make multiple trips. Screw you dude :p Carrying laundry up and down the stairs TWICE is not going to make things easier! Especially as I get bigger and bigger...

I looked up the place we passed. See what they're doing to poutine here? What the hell is this?? https://chicago.eater.com/2014/4/3/...nes-on-the-big-cheese-poutinerie-menu-opening

WOW! So many different choices! Sometimes the fancy poutines are good, but most of the time, you just need fries, curds and gravy. There is nothing more disappointing than ordering a poutine and then it comes out with grated cheese instead of curds! I would be interested in trying that dessert poutine though!

Congrats to the new team blue members! And congrats lolly, that's such great news. I will have everything crossed for you!!

Lilfoosh I hear you 100%. Part of me struggles to believe that this pregnancy will end with a live baby in my arms, while the other part says "come on, of course it will be ok this time". It's hard, there is no doubt. :hugs: I guess you are also coming up to the point where your pregnancy was cut short previously and I wish you all the strength in the world to get through it. I am dreading that point, but my OB has already said I will be in hospital for my own peace of mind rather than a medical necessity during that 33-34 week window. We can do it!! :hugs:

And now of course I want poutine for lunch!! That healthy salad sandwich has zero appeal now I've read this...!

And on a lighter subject, anyone thinking about Christmas already? I'm feeling very Christmassy today for some reason and starting to think about having my inlaws and what to do to make it special for them!

Some of them might be interesting, but I wonder how good the traditional poutine is if they're focused on the 29 different varieties, you know?

Thankfully, we can get good cheese curds here because we're so close to Wisconsin, so that doesn't tend to be a problem. I usually just see weird additions, like meat. We had a poutine in Boston last year that had bacon in it, and a fried egg on top. Crazy...

I broached the subject of hosting Christmas, but DH didn't want to talk about it this early. If I'm gonna host a holiday while pregnant, I want to know about it nice and early! We usually host Easter, but I don't think that's happening this year! Easter has always been a bad holiday for me to host (I worked in taxes the last three years), but I'm the youngest, so I got last pick on holidays.

Oh man! With DS I *had* to have poutine anytime we were at a place that had it on the menu, he was a poutine fiend. This time I have avoided it so far, but I have a feeling that won't last much longer

Are you in Canada? We visited BC 4 years ago and when I suggested trying poutine, he wanted to wait until we traveled to the east coast. So we went to Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick this past summer and finally tried it! Tried it in Montreal first and then had it in Quebec City as well. We had Rabbit poutine at Le Lapin Sauté in Quebec City. It was sooo good! I believe we only had it 3 times on our trip.

I broached the subject of hosting Christmas, but DH didn't want to talk about it this early. If I'm gonna host a holiday while pregnant, I want to know about it nice and early! We usually host Easter, but I don't think that's happening this year! Easter has always been a bad holiday for me to host (I worked in taxes the last three years), but I'm the youngest, so I got last pick on holidays.

Better to host it pregnant than with a baby! I'm thinking about hosting Thanksgiving next year. This year will be my niece's first holiday season, so I don't want to interfere with that.

Lolly, so good to hear that you got your rainbow baby and so soon!

I have never head of this poutine but now very interested in trying it! Sounds delicious!

Speaking of dreams, I dreamed last night that my husband didn't love me anymore and decided to leave. I woke up with these intense sad feelings and actual tears in my eyes. I immediately hugged my husband when I realized it was just a dream. So weird!

Hopeful, I'm not getting my gender scan until Nov 7th. Would have been the 5th but my mother wants to come, so had to make it a Friday for her.

Where are you from, Sarahbear? I am in Ottawa now, but originally from northern New Brunswick where poutine is very popular! Northern NB and Quebec are where I've had the best 'real' poutines :)

We don't really host anyone for Xmas because we don't have any family in the same city. My parents take turns visiting me and my brother for Xmas though, and this year is our turn. I don't really consider it hosting though because my parents help out so much.

Better to host it pregnant than with a baby! I'm thinking about hosting Thanksgiving next year. This year will be my niece's first holiday season, so I don't want to interfere with that.

I agree! My brother and SIL hosted Christmas 10 days after my preemie nephew came home from the hospital. It was a low key Christmas (just mom, me and DH), and they did a pre-made meal, but I still think they're nuts. They felt like it was easier than getting the baby all wrapped up and going out.

Congrats Lolly!!

Congrats Chimama!

Thanks DrMum, I'm glad your doctors are tailoring your care to you! It is a relief to be at the clinic I'm at now. It's the Mount Sinai Special Pregnancy Program, Fetal Care unit, they are absolutely amazing. It has put my mind at ease but I don't think I will fully relax at all. :hugs:

Sarahbear, I'm in Toronto... there are poutine places everywhere! lol It might actually be worse in Ottawa and Montreal though and by "worse" I of course mean supremely occupied by delicious poutineries!

I love the original recipe for sure, but for me it is the gravy that is the most important part. I've never had poutine with shredded cheese though and I find the fries don't really matter that much.

I am seriously close to abandoning my to do list and getting on a bus and going out in search of poutine right now.

Hi all just popping by to thank you for all your kind words when I had mc in July as I was part of the group x I would like to say that after my mc I didn't get a period but I got a BFP so I'm now due in May, I'm currently 6w5d and saw little bean with a strong heartbeat yesterday :) :) xx

Congrats :D that's great news

Lol, here in Ottawa, I find the best poutine places are the ones in the little trailer things in the Canadian Tire parking lots! And yes, the gravy is definitely important!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->