2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

congrats mummy_smurf! I think boys are outnumbering girls for now

ETA: on the front page:

Boys- 6
Girls- 4
Yellow- 8!

Congrats Mummysurf! :) There are quite a few boys out there!

Now, I am going to be finding out the gender of our lo! I know I have a yellow logo, but I just thought it was cute! :)

Gosh that is a long time off have u any ideas what it might be?

Well, I had dream very early on that it was a girl but my entire family seems to think it's a boy! I'm not entirely sure! I'm just wanting a happy healthy baby! :)

Congratulations to ladybrown and mummy_smurf on team blue! :blue:

Welcome bumpwishes! I still get anxious between appointments. My next appointment is my 20 week scan on 14th October and then I don't see anyone until early December! It's such a big gap between appointments at this stage unless it's your first pregnancy.

Today is my ds1's 9th birthday! He's had a lovely day and is excited about his surprise day out on Saturday - we're taking him to the Harry Potter studio tour :happydance: We aren't going to tell him where we're going, we'll just wait and see when he figures it out!

I've also just noticed a weird pink rash on my bump. Has anyone else had anything like this? I'm a bit confused by it to be honest, as it's not itchy and I haven't been unwell.

Gosh that is a long time off have u any ideas what it might be?

Well, I had dream very early on that it was a girl but my entire family seems to think it's a boy! I'm not entirely sure! I'm just wanting a happy healthy baby! :)

i am living proof dreams are true :D i dreamed i was having a boy about month and half ago and i am having a boy :p

Anyone else 16-18ish weeks and not feeling movement? I am 17 weeks tomorrow, and feel nothing... I thought maybe I felt 2 pokes this whole time, but I've been really gassy so I have no clue... also my skin feels "crawly" but I think it's my clothes, not the baby... I have a scan on October 10th, but wish it was sooner... I'm also having a LOT of round ligament pain, including just about every time I stand up or pass gas. And I officially cannot lie on my stomach on ANY surface, it feels like there is a dodgeball in there - last night was the first night every time I woke up I was on my side, not my stomach!

Congrats ladies on team blue, wow I wonder why so many boys? LOL we need more girl power haha!

Newborn poop actually doesn't bother me. The worst is when they start weaning.. We did baby led weaning with ds2 and my gosh, the nappies were gross lol. Fortunately, he potty trained himself pretty much at 19/20 months so the most I have to do now is wipe his bottom after he's been on the potty!

Yeah, that is worse!

It's interesting to her people talk about hearing the heartbeat as being so reassuring and exciting. By the time I heard it with Violet, my belly was big and she had been moving plenty by then. As a result, I really didn't care that much about the heartbeat! Plan to not use a doppler with this one as well.

I only use the doppler at the midwife's, so once a month. I'm just not relaxed enough to not get that reassurance, before he's big enough to reassure me himself. I wonder how I'd have coped 100 years ago...

I also only use a doppler at midwife appointments. I didn't buy one when pregnant with my daughter and also will not have one for this LO. It was reassuring for me to hear the heartbeat yesterday as for 2 days he/she had been 'quiet'. Nice to hear him/her moving around in there also.

Anyone else 16-18ish weeks and not feeling movement? I am 17 weeks tomorrow, and feel nothing... I thought maybe I felt 2 pokes this whole time, but I've been really gassy so I have no clue... also my skin feels "crawly" but I think it's my clothes, not the baby... I have a scan on October 10th, but wish it was sooner... I'm also having a LOT of round ligament pain, including just about every time I stand up or pass gas. And I officially cannot lie on my stomach on ANY surface, it feels like there is a dodgeball in there - last night was the first night every time I woke up I was on my side, not my stomach!

Baby is still small and the position of the baby & placenta can affect feeling movement. I did feel my first early and again with this LO but I had friends who didn't feel baby move until after 20 weeks. Your scan will be here before you know it!

I'm 17 weeks and haven't felt anything :( x

I'm 17 weeks and haven't felt anything :( x

I'm 18 weeks today and only started feeling definite movements when I've been lying down for a while over the past few days. I asked the sonographer at my last ultrasound and she said they don't expect anything until 20 weeks. Don't worry! I'm sure you'll feel them soon.

As for dopplers, I used one early on but haven't for a while now. I don't feel I need to anymore now I feel movement and have a belly!

Ahhh my ticker has moved into the 5th month today!!! Time is flying! I bet it drags from now.

It usually takes longer to recognize movements with your first, and as Chrislo said the position of the baby (and placenta and uterus) can make movements difficult, if not impossible to feel.

I am glad you ladies are comfortable not using or infrequently using a doppler &/or ultrasounds. :flower: Now from a different perspective, I still use my doppler at home about once a week (if I feel the need), on top of getting scanned weekly and I don't feel bad or guilty about it at all, nor do I think it is doing any harm to my baby. I wish I could go through my pregnancy believing everything is going to be ok, but I still don't truly and entirely believe I will be leaving the hospital with my baby. Everyone is different, has different experiences and has different needs. In order to make it through this pregnancy with my sanity and my family intact, I will do whatever I need to and I'm sure every mother feels the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->