2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Sarahbear that's really cute! My youngest girl is kinda similar, doesn't really understand it fully, its really cute.

I have hubbys last name as do the kids, didn't really put much thought into it but each to their own, do what makes you're family happy:thumbup:

Mummy-Smurf, I have been known to ramble:blush: I'm having to go off and google all these things! Both the strollers look cool, its so hard finally settling on the one. I'm going to look into the tommee tippee too, I'll breastfeed but if baby girl has the same issues as her brother then anything to make bottles easier! Your daughter is 5m older than my youngest girl, its a fun age.

MissFrick, ouch! Hope you and your doggy are better fast!:hugs:

Yeah she's fine, has some meds to prevent infection for a couple days. We always let her off leash and it's not an issue at the farm, today I called her back and she ran over, full of energy and smiles, with a huge ring of fresh blood around her eye... I think she got it on a thistle plant growing under one of the trees, and she had a small gash on her eyelid, but luckily nothing serious, it really wasn't even bothering her. The problem with eyes is that you can't risk it. Of it was any other part and I would have just monitored her... But she's totally fine now.

Mummy3 The doc mentioned progesterone supplements last time (I double checked it would be the capsules/suppositories as I really don't get n well with the PIO shots), so it is a possibility but I think it is more if my cervix starts shortening. I'm not sure at all about the steroids as we haven't thought that far ahead yet, but I think it will be another wait and see thing.

That's too funny about the DTD mishaps. With DS I just remembering being in 3rd tri and him kicking & punching in the middle of DTD... that was a mood killer too.

Glad your doggy is ok MissFrick.

Congrats on completing the 5k MrsK.

hello ladies

I have my husbands last name, we went for traditional, plus I don't really care too much about name labels.. call me anything but late to dinner lol

and all you east coast/mid-west people.. poutine sounds good!
we kinda have a mexican version of that here in southern Calif.. its called carne asada fries.. french fries, chopped steak, guacamole, sourcream and salsa.. its pretty good but its guaranteed heartburn

Im excited about all the genders!! so far boys have the lead.. I have a feeling I may have a girl, but i wont find out until November either :)

also, nice on the 5k, esp while preggers... keep it up!

And yeah, Im all about heartbeats and reassurance.. i wish i still had the innocence of women who have been successfully pregnant the first time, but Ive been through so much heartache that an occasional u/s is very good for peace of mind and stress levels, even though the rational part of me knows that whatever will be, will be...

And speaking of reassurance, today was the first day Im positive I've felt genuine movement!! :happydance:

Is there anyone in this thread who has a different last name to their partner? I didn't change my last name when I got married, so my husband and I have different last names. Last time, we gave Violet his last name, but this time around, we're planning to give the baby my last name. People are going to think we're weird, but oh well...

I took my husbands name but one of my best friends hasn't and won't take her husbands name. They are expecting a little one who will take his name.

My SIL took her husband's name but didn't want to change her name completely, so it is hypenated. When they had kids the made their middle names her maiden name, so both kids have both last names but not hyphenated.

I took my husband's name.

I wonder if later on the siblings would think it was odd that they didn't have the same last name...? As a younger child I wouldn't understand and might think I belonged to one parent and my sibling belonged to the other. Don't mean that to be judgemental at all! You do whatever works for you of course! Just my random thought of I wonder if kids care about things like that.

I took my husband's name too. Wasn't really a big deal to me, as I have a brother who can pass down our last name :)

Sounds like everyone had busy weekends! I did a craft show on Saturday - my first real one, and it was nuts! 3500 people attended, which was great, but my sil, who helped out, and I were both exhausted at the end of the day. Didn't help that it was 28 degrees Celsius and the building had no AC haha.

Our US is on Thursday. I am pretty sure I will be adding to the girls :) No reasoning, just gut feeling.

Date for our Anatomy/Gender scan is 16th October. 17 days to go!
I can't believe I'm 17 weeks already, seems like I only just had my first scan and that was 5 weeks ago!

I wonder if later on the siblings would think it was odd that they didn't have the same last name...? As a younger child I wouldn't understand and might think I belonged to one parent and my sibling belonged to the other. Don't mean that to be judgemental at all! You do whatever works for you of course! Just my random thought of I wonder if kids care about things like that.

Might be a good reason to make sure we talk about it.

I took my husband's name too. Wasn't really a big deal to me, as I have a brother who can pass down our last name :)

It wasn't about passing the name down, for me. That, I couldn't care less about, actually.

All families are different :) Personally, last names don't mean that much to me, but I know to some, it is very important. I do know a few families who have children that have different last names, and the children don't have any issues with it at all. As you said, as long as you're open to your children about how you decided to name them, they won't have an issue with it :)

I think there are so many different kinds of families these days, the kids probably won't think much of different names. It's good to talk about, but it's probably no harder for them to cope with than it will be for my kid to learn to spell and pronounce our ridiculous (and easy to tease) last name.

Can we talk about bassinets? I'm looking at different styles and Zulily has a good price on one that we both like, but it's one of the soft sided ones, not mesh or slats like a crib. I know there are new standards for bassinets, but I don't know how long this one has been on the market, and if it's been grandfathered in. Maybe that's why it's on Zulily? I'm wondering if we'd be better off just getting one with slatted or mesh sides to be safe. I'd keep a close eye on the baby to make sure he wasn't rolling around, but I'm not perfect... And would a soft sided bassinet be a total cleaning disaster? What do experienced moms think?

The one we're considering: https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/summer-infant-reg-bentwood-bassinet/1041183878

Alternatives: https://www.amazon.com/Arms-Reach-C...47&sr=8-1&keywords=mini+cosleeper+convertible (I like the future pack and play potential, but it would be pretty small, so maybe only good for vacation sleeping?)

Or something along these lines: https://www.babyletto.com/bowery-bassinet

That's a cute bassinette MrsK! That is the kind we have, and the kind we used with our first. I think because the sides are so low, there isn't much worry about the air circulation.

To add to that, I really like the idea of that arm's reach one! That would be pretty awesome!

I like the idea of the Arm's Reach, but it's so ugly! But it's only for a few months... The first one is $130 on Zulily, I think? I just used a different site because I wasn't sure if you had to be a Zulily member. I think we'll stop at Babies R Us and take a look today. The website doesn't mention meeting safety standards like the Babyletto one, you'd think they'd want to advertise that...

Congrats on finding out genders, ladies! It made it so much more real for me.

I don't have any of my books handy to doublecheck, but I think potassium and magnesium are good for leg cramps.

Yes knowing the gender does make it real

My partner and I are debating the last name ordeal but I think we should just hyphenate, but he wants all I always thought that was how I would do it but now that a baby is actually coming I feel different I want him to have my name too

I'm planning on using a pack & play as my bassinet. That have ones with "stages" that move down and have newborn sleepers. I plan on keeping baby in our room for the first few weeks or even months to make it more convenient but I can't imagine spending the money on a bassinet that I won't use for very long, so the pack n play should work well for us. (hopefully!)

I'm planning on using a pack & play as my bassinet. That have ones with "stages" that move down and have newborn sleepers. I plan on keeping baby in our room for the first few weeks or even months to make it more convenient but I can't imagine spending the money on a bassinet that I won't use for very long, so the pack n play should work well for us. (hopefully!)

I know what you mean. Fortunately we have friends who have children born opposite years from ours so we have shared some things... Bassinette, exersaucer, play gym etc. I highly recommend it, if you know anyone that would do that with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->