2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm getting a lot of stuff from my nephew, but they'd already sold all his teeny tiny baby things when we announced the pregnancy :(

I love the idea of a pack and play because it seems like we'd get so much more out of it, but I'd really like to keep the baby right next to our bed, and there's barely room for a bassinet. Stupid weird long skinny room. It's in a recent addition to the house, too. If they'd just taken one more foot of backyard it would be much more practical!

We used a hard sided co-sleeper for the first week or so, then moved DS into the bassinet part of our pack & play, still in the co-sleeper. Then we moved him into just the basinnet part and then that into the nursery at about 4 or 5 weeks. After another week or so we moved him into his crib. We did it in stages and very slowly so he had time to adjust.

DS hated, hated to be swaddled but we also found that trying to put him into the crib or even the bassinet was too much open space for him at first. We also had one of those wedges that had bolsters on the side, but those have since been recalled by the FDA: https://www.cpsc.gov/en/newsroom/news-releases/2010/deaths-prompt-cpsc-fda-warning-on-infant-sleep-positioners/
We found it really helpful but didn't use it once DS was able to roll...not sure if we will use it this time.

anyone still having really vivid dreams??

I had a scary one the other night of the midwife drawing my blood, and her 3 yr old was in the room, pulling and messing with the needle and tubing in my arm, and the midwife wasnt saying anything to her kid to stop her because she didnt want to come across as a bad parent for controlling her kid, despite the kid hurting her patient.

Vivid dreams: yes, every night I have an entire movie playing in my head, full of all kinds of plot twists and turns!

As for baby stuff, a friend was going to share all kinds of things, but when we went and saw it all I wasn't really pleased with it, so I think we'll be getting a lot of the stuff new. We will be borrowing an excersaucer though, because it's just a hunk of plastic, though we don't really need it until the baby is about 6 months old.

AFM: Tried on my wedding dress today and it's already too tight... FML! Called the store and they will exchange it and rush order me a bigger size (it's easier to take in a bigger size than to let out a smaller one).

I have such a sweet tooth today. I'm tempted to walk a mile to Starbucks just for a vanilla bean frappuccino. I wonder if I could satisfy myself with a smoothie at home.

Home treats are good but not as good as the ones made for us. Total starbucks addict here. Easily 3x a week min:blush: Today was a pumpkin spice!

Not sure on bassinets, we have the arms reach co sleeper and its ok but really the thing we most used was the 4moms mamaroo and a swaddled baby in there. Was perfect for his reflux and then for later when he needed continuous feeding from his tube. Think we'll do the same again, each time we've used a moses basket, the baby never slept and was drenched in barf. Each baby is different though!

Lots of vivid dreams here, all very random. Can be scary:hugs:

Went to buy buy baby to work on the registry this morning and fainted halfway round:wacko: Totally fine after a sit down and some water and candy, very weird! Got a nice gift bag and it was good to have everything in one place. They had some cute stuff in clearance for clothes (baby and maternity) so worth checking out. I got my 5 year old a solid pair of school shoes for $5:thumbup:

Nelly, 28C with no AC does not sound fun!!

Anyone else with names ready? Only heard a couple so far.

lol mummy3, what an image... drenched in barf from the moses basket lmao

missfrick, GL with the wedding dress.. thats lucky they were able to process a rush order. can't wait to see some pics!!

as for names.. I want V names, but Im having a hard time with decent boy names. My nephew is named Vincent, and my uncle is Victor.. and all the other V boy names sound kinda weird.. like Vern, Vito.. I do like Valentine, but my husband doesnt want anything too out-of-the-ordinary. Theres many more choices with girls.. like Veronica, Victoria, Vivian (which I like).. Vanessa is already taken by my step-sister.. so Im still kinda stuck on square 1

Valentine was our girl name. Maybe Teddy will have a little sister someday...

Mummy3, I hope you're ok after your fainting spell! I bet they see a lot of that there. Thanks for the input on bassinets. We're getting my nephew's Mamaroo because he's outgrown it, how lucky! I'd like something a little more dog-proof, though. I ended up not caving on the Starbucks craving. I'm there more often than I should be, but I usually don't get too fancy - just a cafe au lait (which for some reason they insist on calling a misto), or an iced green tea lemonade if it's hot. I really like the vanilla bean frappuccinos, though. So yummy! And nice for heartburn if I forget my Tums at home.

Bassinets are another thing we're not doing. I do need to find a nice organic fiber king sized mattress. It's not so much the organic part I care about as the part about not having the neurotoxic flame ******ants. My current bed works for one child in bed with us, but I'll need a king to be able to have enough sleep space for everyone once the baby gets here.

As for dreams, I don't know if it's that I'm so busy with work and have a toddler, or what, but I have not really had any dreams about this baby. I do remember having some when pregnant with Violet.

I'm really jealous of your future king mattress. I so wish we could fit one in our bedroom.

Hubby likes the name Valerie, but it is also the name of one of his exes so I'm not overly fond of that. I still really like Rebekah for a girl though dh is constantly trying to deter me.

Got a feeling this one is a boy though and I'm not solid on any boy name. Dh for some reason really likes Bram? Not my style.

I could not live without our king mattress! Our dd crawls in bed with us in the middle of the night fairly often and takes up so much room!

Mummy3, I hope you're feeling better!

Swampmaiden, the v names I like for girls are vivienne and Verity. Also Valerie!

You know what I reeeeeally hate? Judgmental moms. Other moms that pass judgement on you because you're not doing something that they're doing.

Here's a newsflash: There's no right or wrong way to raise a child. It's what works best for you & your child. My 9 year old was formula fed. He slept on his belly as a infant because it's the only way he'd sleep. He got his immunizations. He used disposable diapers. Ate too many chicken nuggets. And he is just fine! & someone else probably did exactly the opposite with their child & they came out fine as well.

I think we all need to keep in mind that just because YOU'RE doing something one way, doesn't mean it will necessarily work for someone else. I've been seeing some snideness on this board & it makes me sad.

Hubby likes the name Valerie, but it is also the name of one of his exes so I'm not overly fond of that.

Ex's names are a no no for us! We've got a little thing where we say "nope, w@/^kers name" and it goes straight on the no list. Which is such a shame because there's some lovely names on there haha.

I'm totally stuck for boys names.

Snowbunnie, I haven't really noticed moms on this board judging others really... Unless it was me and I'm oblivious! However, I do agree with you. Moms can be very judgemental of other moms. Each situation is different and no one else knows exactly why moms choose to do things the way they do. As long as their kids are fed, being well cared for, and loved, it's no one else's business.

Also, my daughter's favorite foods are chicken nuggets and hot dogs! I feed her lots of healthy things, but I don't think it will hurt her to give her chicken nuggets and hot dogs once in a while :)

I am pretty set on one particular boys name. For girls, I have a few that I like and can't really narrow anything down. One of my top ones my husband doesn't really love, and the one he likes most I don't love any more.

I haven't thought of any boys names other than Joshua :p they are harder to find than girls. When I thought of my daughter's (Bethany) I loved it from the start and knew it was right.

Agreed Mummy_smurf. When we found our daughter's name, we knew it was right and there was no other name that compared. We have our boys' name that we feel the same about - Theodore. But if this is a girl, we have no idea at all. Anything I like, hubby vetoes. It's hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->