2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I had a girls name picked out and loved it but boys names are so hard! And my OH has a really awkward surname so it's typical anything I do love sounds ridiculous.
Any boys names suggestions that go with the surname Rice are welcomed.

Names are such a sore point for us. Oh says no to everything I suggest then comes up with stupid suggestions instead. His latest 'helpful' non-name is Tetris. Like the game. He is generally a joker which is one of the things that I love about him and one of the things I dislike about him :haha:

Anyway, we have agreed to the middle name, which will be Lily. This is after my great aunt who sadly passed away in August. It won't be used as a first name as it's a very popular name where I live. If anyone has any suggestions on girls names that would go well with Lily as the middle name, it would be much appreciated!

In other news, today my little boy turned 3 years old! :cloud9: Oh and I'm 18 weeks today :happydance: I stupidly feel like I'm almost halfway through my pregnancy now even though I still have 2 weeks until I hit the halfway point lol!

Happy Birthday to your little guy!!!

Lily is such a cute name, but very popular here too. What about Eva, Ava, Anna... Trying to think of more but my brain seams to be sleeping. I don't really like Tetris for a girl :)

Loozle, my husband is the same way! Joking all the time about the name!! He said Pepper since he loves Dr. Pepper. I finally got him to sit down the other day and narrow down the boys name (we came up with our girls name pretty quickly). We've narrowed it down to three. My favorite is in there, so I'm happy! :) I've been trying to send him some subliminal messages! I really want Oliver so I thought that maybe whispering the name into his ear whilst sleeping will help! :) We also have Miles and William on the list.

So one more week til my next my appointment. Seems so close yet....so far.

Have any of you ladies heard of Zipadee-Zip?! I saw it on Shark Tank the other week and think it's a great idea! Check out their stuff! Has anyone ever used their stuff?

https://zipadeezip.com/

Thanks! He's having a lovely day bless him!

I actually suggested both Ava and Eva to oh. He doesn't like Eva. He likes Ava but his best friends niece is named Ava so he vetoed it :dohh:
Oh and no Tetris is not something I would agree to in a million years. I'm quite certain that he's joking anyway.
Our boys names are Charlee and Jacob, so would also need to sound ok with those :thumbup:

Lsd, my current favourite boys name is Oliver. I wanted to use it if we were team blue this time. I also adore the nickname Olly.
I haven't heard of zipadee-zip but had a quick look on the website and their stuff looks pretty cool!

Your boys names are adorable! Are you planning on more or will this be your last? Olive Lily would be an adorable girl's name!!! Or Olivia Lily.

My OH keeps suggesting the greek words for Garlic, Lettuce and onions for our baby.... I won't tell him about Tetris because he will get more ideas!

Thank you! This is definitely our last, I can't see myself with more than 3 children. How about you?

I like both Olive and Olivia but I think I prefer Olivia. I'll see what he says to that suggestion.
:rofl: at your oh, he sounds exactly like mine.

My mil is greek Cypriot so it won't be long until she starts suggesting greek names I'm sure. Jacob's middle name is Andreas which I agreed to as he was born on the anniversary of my oh's nan (mil's mum) passing away and her name was Androulla. Charlee's middle name is Paul. He was named after my dad (Charlie), my fil (Paul) and my oh (Lee). We agreed that as ds1 has both sides of the family in his name and ds2 just has oh's side of the family that the baby will be named after my side. Mil has already jokingly suggested her own name as middle. Pretty sure it wasn't a joke though! :dohh:

Tetris makes me thing of tetanus :rofl:

I like Bram though! Love Rebekah,Bethany, Joshua, Victoria (my eldest middle name), Vivienne (this ones middle name) and of course teddy!:baby: Brain freeze now lol.

Oh buy buy baby must have seen way worse, but remember now if you do faint there you get a drink and candy for free:haha:

Seriously the baskets were swimming with barf:wacko: My kids are like puke machines, not spit up but full on exorcist:wacko:

Funny you say about the judging. I've noticed over time (only 10 years between oldest and youngest really) things that were 'good' then are 'bad' now and vice versa so no winning:shrug: I put mine to sleep on the tummies or very swaddled, I breastfeed and have bottlefed and have friends who do all kinds lol. I really wish I could let my 15m old have a nugget, just any food :( But tomorrow will be a mcdonalds treat for the rest of them!

I'm really fussy with new things for baby. I have no issue with second hand, obv smoke free etc due to asthma for my older kids but for new baby everything possible has to be new. I get worked up about all possible types of dirt, smoke, mold etc with baby being preemie.

Whats the secret to being able to resist the starbucks temptation mrsK? How soon is your cruise now?

MissFrick, how exciting that everything is so close:happydance: Do you have pics?

Eva and Ava seem pretty popular around here, love them and Lily though for sure.

Of to check out zipadeezip and got excited thinking shark tank was a clothes brand, my 3 year old would love that!

Lol, you get it then! MIL is greek, and FIL is greek Cypriot. They aren't so bad, but with my first a lot of the older generation automatically assumed I'd be naming my daughter after my MIL... Because that's what they do in their family. OH also keeps saying we should name the baby Theodoros instead of Theodore if it's a boy, but I can't pronounce it correctly so not a chance.

Our DS is Jacob and we are considering Charles (Charlie) for a boy! We are thinking of using William for the middle name as that was the name of our angel baby. For a girl, I think I already said, DH really likes Charlotte (Charlie again!) Louise... I really like Oliver as well, and Alexander. I still haven't felt like "that is the name" with any suggestions, but I think whenever we find out the gender will be when my brain really kicks into gear. With OH's suggestions (Charles William or Charlotte Louise) he intends to call the baby "Chewy"... what a geek! I'm not sure I'm ok with it yet, but at least it's just a nickname.

Those zip things are neat and reminded me of something:

It can be very difficult to do up outfits/sleepers with snaps up the front. We got tons of outfits that were super cute but worn once because it took several minutes to get them done up after a diaper change (which are very frequent in the beginning). Just something to keep in mind.

We also tried to avoid anything that had appliques near the neck & shoulders because the throw up/spit up would get stuck in the creases and we felt we just couldn't get it clean enough.

And formula stains... so does baby poop... and spit up! :rofl:

FYI :flower:

Nelly, wouldn't it be funny if we had our Theodores on the same day? I think we're due the same day. We'll have to race ;)

There are some great name choices here! I don't think I've seen one yet that made me go "What in the world is she thinking???"

Mummy3, the secret is to live a mile from Starbucks and not know how to drive. You have to really want it! The cruise is the last week of October. I can't wait!

I'll be sure to pretend to faint next time I'm at Buy Buy Baby. I'll have to aim to land in the super comfy $1000 glider!

My mil's name is Lenia (pr: Len-ya) which I think is actually an ok name but not one I'd choose myself. And SIL has it as her middle name and hates it lol. I'm not strictly opposed to greek names but they would need to be easy to pronounce for me to consider it. Theodore is adorable!

LilFooshFoosh, Jacob and Charlee (charlie) go well together :wink: and I love the name Charlotte but obviously can't use it!

Oh suggested the name Suki to me today and I didn't immediately say no, which surprised him because be was joking :haha: I actually think it's quite pretty but doubt I'd ever be brave enough to use it. Its a name I'll have to admire from afar :haha:

Nelly, wouldn't it be funny if we had our Theodores on the same day? I think we're due the same day. We'll have to race ;)

Lol, it's a race! I am actually due March 6th now but didn't bother changing my ticker or the due date on the first page... too much work for one day. But our due dates are close enough! I was two days late with my first so I'm wondering if I'll go earlier this time :) Also, I find out on Thursday if it will be Theodore! We are tossing around the idea of Theodora if it's a girl, but it's not at the top of the list.

Welcome KPmomof5!

Loozle, I agree! The good thing is that most names have greek origins so it's easy to get away with haha.

Lol, it's a race! I am actually due March 6th now but didn't bother changing my ticker or the due date on the first page... too much work for one day. But our due dates are close enough! I was two days late with my first so I'm wondering if I'll go earlier this time :) Also, I find out on Thursday if it will be Theodore! We are tossing around the idea of Theodora if it's a girl, but it's not at the top of the list.

There's Dorothea, too. Kind of Theodora in reverse :)

I'm really kicking myself. We underestimated how hungry we were last night, so I didn't make enough spaghetti, and even with a post-dinner snack we both went to bed hungry. I know better than to go to bed hungry, now I'm going to be fighting off a headache all day. I'm hoping a combination of Tylenol and a hearty lunch will take care of it.

It's funny. Last time I wanted to make sure I had several good options. This time around, I've settled on a boy name and a girl name and I'm satisfied. I just need to figure out middle names.

For boys, I really have a list of two. Leo is the one I feel settled on. Keith is the name I was considering last time around. I'm not opposed to it, but Leo feels right. If we have a boy, it would be Leo Dylan. I don't have any particular attachment to Dylan, but my husband had a cat as a kid and promised it that if he had a son, he'd name him after the cat. Silly, but sure, let's go with that....

For girls, I'm pretty settled on Azalea. I liked Hazel for a while, and there were other names I liked, but I feel pretty set on Azalea if the baby is a girl. I'll have to consider middle names though.

So nothing has changed since I wrote about names in this thread last, basically. I'll still be open to other names if something else feels right, after the baby is born. However, I'm pretty sure it will either be a Leo or Azalea.

If you're looking at Violet's last name and thinking those names would go horribly together, remember, I'm not giving this one my husband's last name.

I know someone who has a girl with a similar name. I can't remember it exactly. But it's something like Theora or Theoria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->