2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

If you're able to eat now and you're not underweight, I wouldn't worry about it beyond mentioning it at your next appointment. Lots of women lose in the first trimester, but there's potential for it to be dangerous to mom if it keeps up.

I'm just barely obese, so I'm not supposed to gain much. So far it's going ok, but I suspect I'll gain a little more than ideal. As long as I stay healthy and baby stays healthy and I don't gain so much that I can't do a waterbirth (I think I'm about 30lbs away, so I have a ways to go), I'm happy. I have weight to lose no matter what once I've adjusted to motherhood, an extra few pounds of baby weight won't make a huge difference. So far I'm not gaining much without really doing anything special, but I don't think I'll stay lucky forever.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I got my first unsolicited belly touch today (besides the one from my mom ages ago, but she doesn't count). It was a very careful, respectful one, though. One of the ladies I tutor with gave me just the briefest brush and made a "Wow, you really popped!" face.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I got my first unsolicited belly touch today (besides the one from my mom ages ago, but she doesn't count). It was a very careful, respectful one, though. One of the ladies I tutor with gave me just the briefest brush and made a "Wow, you really popped!" face.

Oh i had my first and only unsolicited belly touch last week. Took me completely by surprise and i'm not too sure how comfortable i was with it. It was a really good work friend but i'm not an overly touchy feely person so hope it doesn't happen too often when i do get a real bump!

good morning all,

Got a quick question for UK ladies. Have any of you paid for NCT antenatal classes. I was going to book onto a course as you can do the classes at weekend rather than after work or mid week during the day. I thought they were going to cost about £120 but got the price through and its £165.

I know its not that much more but i'm struggling to work out if they will be worth the money.

Any advice welcome!

Besides having a healthy growing baby, the only pregnancy related thing I've really worried about is weight. I gain weight really easily, and the only thing I've been able to do to lose it is eat very very carefully and that means I am hungry a lot.
I have gained about 12 pounds so far, which is really hard for me.

Besides having a healthy growing baby, the only pregnancy related thing I've really worried about is weight. I gain weight really easily, and the only thing I've been able to do to lose it is eat very very carefully and that means I am hungry a lot.
I have gained about 12 pounds so far, which is really hard for me.

I am exactly with you! What I keep telling myself (even though it's hard) is that the baby needs me to not have hunger pains - I cannot limit my food, but what I can do is make good food choices.

I only start worrying about my weight the moment before I step on the scale at the doctors. The rest of the time I make sure I eat. I've been wanting citrus fruits, apples, bananas and watermelon as of late. Then every other day I make a bowl of peach salsa. For some odd reason, it goes from day to day I either want steak or no meat at all. I've never been like that before.
Oh, is anyone else experiencing the whole bitter taste in their mouth all the time? No matter how often or well I brush my teeth of use mouthwash it comes back.
Also, i admire anyone who has toddlers at home. I will have to go through it in a few years but right now it's like your all super moms. =-)

Oh i had my first and only unsolicited belly touch last week. Took me completely by surprise and i'm not too sure how comfortable i was with it. It was a really good work friend but i'm not an overly touchy feely person so hope it doesn't happen too often when i do get a real bump!

I'm really not looking forward to all the belly patting. There's nothing to even feel yet! If people stick to doing it like the tutoring lady did, I'll be happy.

My weight is back up to where it was at my last appointment a few weeks ago. Kind of annoying, I don't think I've been eating any worse, but my belly is definitely expanding. Next midwife appointment is in a week and a half, and who knows where I'll be then?

How much weight should we have gained by now?

I read 0-5 lbs in first trimester, then about 1 lb a week in 2nd tri, then about 10 more or so in 3rd.. thats a total of about 28 lbs, give or take

I've gained 7 lbs so far.. or at least I had 2 weeks ago.. I dont have a scale at home, so its hard to tell. Im trying really hard not to gain a lot too, because I also have some extra cushion, and I dont want to be like my mom, who gained 60+lbs with me. I had already lost like 20lbs before I got pregnant, and now thats all going to be out the window. Its hard to lose weight.. the only thing that works for me is lots and lots of exercise.. which suuuuuuxxxxx........

As for belly pats... this is a funny story, probably because in retrospect i was so rude about it, but I went over to my dads house several weeks ago to visit, and his girlfriends parents were visiting. So as soon as my dads gf's fathers wife (what a mouthful) saw me... out in the front yard in the driveway still, she just comes up and says Hi Baby!! looking right at my belly and practically lunges for my stomach. My instincts kicked in and I backed away saying loudly Dont Touch Me! Keep in mind I barely know this woman, it was only the second time I had ever met her, and there was no way i was going to stand there and let her molest me. They both left my dads house soon after lol

Haha! That must have surprised her! But really, who just lunges at someone?? Even my closest friends who do have belly privileges have made it clear that they'll only do it with my blessing and once there's actually something to feel. I'm really starting to understand this baby container thing my mom friends have talked about. I'm seeing mom for the first time in a month on Sunday, and I just know she's gonna go for the belly. I wonder if I can find a spiked shirt...

When it comes to belly pats, I'm very appreciative of the French and their respect of personal space. When you greet someone, you give the bises (one kiss on each side of the face) and then there is no reason to touch anyone. I only got one belly pat during my whole pregnancy last time, and it was from someone in DH's family who is slightly mentally handicapped. She's a sweet old lady, so I didn't really mind. Americans and Canadians are so friendly, but I guess there are disadvantages!

I gained 35 lbs with DD, but she was 10 lbs of baby. I lost 90% of it by the time I was home from the hospital, which means most of it was baby-related goodness. Don't get freaked out by the pounds and how to lose them afterwards. If you're eating too much junk, you'll probably feel like junk and can adapt accordingly.

That sounds good to me, Frenchie!

It's so quiet here today. Anyone have fun weekend plans? Tomorrow is my nephew's first birthday, and his party is Sunday. Besides that, it's just random errands and finishing up my Halloween costume.

Thanks for all of the welcomes! It's fun to see those that have a due date close to mine! mummy_smurf2b & Bookity, It'll be exciting to all have our scans early that week! Are you finding out gender? Doing any kind of special reveal? My mother-in-law is throwing us a gender reveal party. So, my husband & I have been trying to come up with something fun & original. We'll see how it all turns out!

As for weight, I don't have a scale at home. I'm curious to see what it says at my appointment next week. I definitely feel heavier recently (it takes more effort to get off of the couch!) ...though I don't look like I've gained much other than a fairly obvious bump.

I've been lucky with the belly touches so far. Only my husband & mom...and I kinda figure they are both allowed. Strangers would weird me out though! I saw my parents for the first time since we found out about the baby this past weekend & I think it made my mom's year to be able to feel it move!

frenchie35, it's funny how different cultures are! My husband works at a family owned Brazilian restaurant & it was so odd to me when he introduced me to people there & I was greeted with bises rather than a handshake. It seemed so personal for a first meeting! I've gotten used to it now, but there still is a little bit of a question in my mind in those moments as to whether or not you actually kiss the cheek or just air kiss near it...

Thanks for all of the welcomes! It's fun to see those that have a due date close to mine! mummy_smurf2b & Bookity, It'll be exciting to all have our scans early that week! Are you finding out gender? Doing any kind of special reveal? My mother-in-law is throwing us a gender reveal party. So, my husband & I have been trying to come up with something fun & original. We'll see how it all turns out!

As for weight, I don't have a scale at home. I'm curious to see what it says at my appointment next week. I definitely feel heavier recently (it takes more effort to get off of the couch!) ...though I don't look like I've gained much other than a fairly obvious bump.

I've been lucky with the belly touches so far. Only my husband & mom...and I kinda figure they are both allowed. Strangers would weird me out though! I saw my parents for the first time since we found out about the baby this past weekend & I think it made my mom's year to be able to feel it move!

frenchie35, it's funny how different cultures are! My husband works at a family owned Brazilian restaurant & it was so odd to me when he introduced me to people there & I was greeted with bises rather than a handshake. It seemed so personal for a first meeting! I've gotten used to it now, but there still is a little bit of a question in my mind in those moments as to whether or not you actually kiss the cheek or just air kiss near it...

I couldn't wait that long had a private scan two week ago, I'm having a boy :p

I'll be finding out for sure. I'm thinking this might be a boy and if it is, I've got shopping to do!! No big reveal. I'm not the big reveal type.

Two and a half weeks!!!!!

I have a week to go! Next Friday we go for our scan and hopefully the little one will cooperate lol. The only thing we are doing for the reveal is making everyone on facebook wait a week as we will be posting a picture of my halloween costume which has gender tied into it (zombie baby half out of my belly with either a bow tie or hair tie). We will likely tell people who aren't going to the halloween party earlier though, like parents.

I have a week to go! Next Friday we go for our scan and hopefully the little one will cooperate lol. The only thing we are doing for the reveal is making everyone on facebook wait a week as we will be posting a picture of my halloween costume which has gender tied into it (zombie baby half out of my belly with either a bow tie or hair tie). We will likely tell people who aren't going to the halloween party earlier though, like parents.

Cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->