2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for a while now, but finally decided to register & introduce myself! I'm due March 16th with my first child.

I found this forum while looking around for all of the "what to expect" tips. I've loved following along & seeing where others are feeling some of the same things that I am. It helps calm some of the nerves! :)

I have my scan scheduled for the 27th. Can't wait to find out who is hiding out in there!

Hehe ur due a day after me and ur scan is day before mine although mines late due to my holiday :D

Welcome

Welcome Loralei! We have the same due date and your scan is the day before mine!!

For the brie and crackers, my doc said as long as it is made with pasteurized milk (which most are here) that it is ok. I had some a few weeks ago but it was on a warm brie & pear sandwich so it was heated.

Ooh thank you, I'll look into it. I'd probably still feel guilty though aha.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time frenchie35, hope things start to improve soon.

Welcome to the new ladies :).

I met my midwife today. She is lovely!! All went we but she did say it was still a bit too early to listen for a heartbeat :/.

The ultrasound went great. I had to go to the bathroom not once but twice during. The tech was amazed at how fast my bladder kept filling up. I drank so much water I felt quite water logged. Baby must have thought it was time for a rave party and was moving around flailing its arms and legs all over as well as arching it's back. baby was yawning and at one point did a stretch with one leg up to its face. It was so amazing. Here are some of the pics. :happydance:

Gorgeous photos, can not believe how clear and completely baby like at 17 weeks! So difficult to believe i have something similiar in my tummy! *squeal*

I wouldn't judge anyone for having the odd glass of wine when pregnant. For me however, the idea of it makes me feel sick in a similar way that meat makes me feel sick. Also, as swamp maiden said, with a history of pregnancy loss, I'd rather not risk it. Obviously I know that having a glass of wine can't cause a miscarriage.

On a different subject, my GP has advised me that they recommend that all pregnant women have a flu jab now and a whooping cough jab. I've never had either jabs before, and they weren't offered in previous pregnancies. Who will be getting these jabs? I need to look into it and see what the risks are I guess.

I'm having the flu jab this evening and i think you get the whooping cough one after 22 weeks and will be getting that too. I'm taking no risks. No alcohol here either!

No flu shot for me, I've never had the flu and don't see the shot necessary. I agree no alchohol for me either I'd rather just wait it out but I do miss having a glass of white wine when the mood strikes me but it will all be worth it.

Welcome to the group, Loralei!

The wine craving has passed for now, thankfully. Hopefully it stays away til New Years Eve.

Pasteurized brie is fine. I think the only pasteurized cheese that's still questionable is bleu, because of the mold. I assume that would apply to any moldy cheese.

I just got my flu shot at my last appointment. My midwife recommends it for all pregnant women who don't have some special reason not to get it (like previous reactions or egg allergies). I'm not too concerned about catching flu myself (I never have, and I work from home), but getting the shot during pregnancy also gives the baby some protection until his immune system is more developed or he's able to get the shot. You just have to make sure to get the shot and not the mist, like someone said earlier.

Same for pertussis. I got my tdap last October when my nephew was born, and normally it lasts five or ten years, but she said in pregnancy, she still advises it in third trimester so the baby gets the immunity. Pertussis doesn't mess around - I have adult friends who have cracked ribs from pertussis - so I'm not taking any risks of a tiny fragile baby catching it.

Sorry you girls are dealing with toddler troubles! The second kid definitely sounds more intimidating than the first!

Aw frenchie, hang in there.. They don't call em the terrible twos&threes.. fours lol.. for nothing. I babysat my nephew a lot during his toddler hood.. I can't imagine having to deal with him or similar during my pregnancy. Don't feel bad about blowing some steam off here.. That's what these forums are for, and it makes people seem more human when they arent just pure sunshine and rainbows all the time. :hugs:

So true about Pertussis, MrsK. My DH had it about 3 years ago and it was really terrifying to watch him literally ripping the neck of his shirt because he couldn't breath. It lasted over a month. It was scary to see a grown man with it, I could never imagine anybody taking the risk with a newborn. Nobody comes around my babies without washing their hands, and if they have a cold, they better stay away.

ETA: I also didn't know that getting the vaccine during pregnancy will help the baby's immunity. I thought it was just if I had immunity, it would be passed on for a while. I will ask my doc at my next appointment.

Just the thought gives me chills. I want Teddy to catch the little stuff to build his immune system, but pertussis can stay the hell away.

Midwife told me I'm not allowed flu jab until this cold gets lost lol so I won't be having it for time being :p

Hey everyone! Life is so hectic, we are having major foundation repairs done to the house, thank goodness the dog isn't barking from the noise and I'm able to sleep through it! Furnace repair man came "early" this morning (just before 10am) and when he left I went back to sleep until 2pm... oops!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

I'm pretty good with not eating things I'm not supposed to - I still eat lox which I'm not sure is okay, but I have stopped deli meats and soft cheeses and uncooked sushi. After a lot of thought I decided I will have ONE glass of champagne punch or something at my wedding, but that's it.

For weight, I've been cooking instead of getting fast food all the time for the past 4 weeks (I was in a rut with the move and emotions) so I think my weight has finally stabilized in terms of gain, but since I put on 10 in my first trimester, I'm still up 14 total... but I haven't really gained more than 2 in the past 4 weeks...

I'm definitely feeling movement now, which is so exciting! Also pressure changes as he shifts positions.

My scan is tomorrow! I keep asking DF if he wants to find out the sex, because I think I'm starting to become weak about it, but he's now determined to wait, which I think is nice because initially he wanted to find out and I didn't. Can't wait to see/hear Squiggles again!

ALSO (sorry this is so long) we totally forgot about a baby name we had talked about early on for a girl, and now neither or our names are "normal" at all, which is awesome!!!

I've gained 14lbs so far so I started taking 30 minute walks to try and slow this weight gain down just a bit

I've also put on about 14 lbs by now. All but one of that was gained before my first ob appointment. I was eating like crazy trying to overcome my queasiness. Then morning sickness was so bad I lost a pound between my first two appointments, and then gained another two by my third. I'm hoping that I gain normally for the rest of the pregnancy.

Well you ladies make me feel great! Sometimes all I hear is "oh I'm 20wks and gained 5 lbs" and it's a real self esteem killer... I figured my weight gain was okay, it it's nice to hear others are doing similarly...

How much weight should we have gained by now?

So weight gain is different for everyone... But I'm sure I'm not the only one who worries about gaining too much... people always tell me it evens out, and some might only gain 5lbs by now. But it's nice to hear others are gaining similarly I suppose... we're all crazy baby-growing beasts and are all amazing women!

My doctor said if you are underweight to aim for 25-40 pounds for the entire pregnancy. If you are within your normal weight range to gain about 20 to 25 pounds and for overweight women is 15-20 pounds.

My nutritionist said since I am in the obese range Its okay if I don't gain any weight, which I thought was weird but she said the baby is still growing as long as I have my 2k calories a day.

I've gained roughly 8 pounds. I don't really care much about the recommended weight gain. I figure if I eat healthy and walk it will eventually come off. I just want a happy healthy baby.

I haven't gained a thing. I lost about 10 lb at the start and have only gained 1 or 2 back, I didn't really think much if it until now, I'm not under or overweight. Should I be concerned? I don't see my midwife for another 5 weeks or else I'd just speak to her about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->