2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I borrowed a Medela electric pump from the pharmacy that was covered by insurance. It really was a lifesaver since DD gave me horrible sores on my nipples, so I exclusively pumped for a couple of weeks to heal. I really liked the pump, but it was so much easier to pop her back on the breast when I was ready than to continue washing all the components of the pump every time I used it. But that's how it is with all pumps I guess.

18 :blue: and 10 :pink:!

Hi ladies, hope you are all well.

Happy Belated birthday wishes to all of those who have recently celebrated a birthday.

MrsKchicago I hope you're enjoying your holiday :)

Congrats on any scan news and gender reveals- i have tried to scroll through. I think I saw one new blue team member? and a lovely bump picture.

I never said originally but my EDD at 12 weeks was March 24th, a later scan appears to have noted the 23rd. My 20 week scan is on 4th November- I can't wait!! Having to remain strong to stay on team yellow. The number of boy predictions however, is certainly beginning to alter my girl gut feeling. Baby has definitely become more active the last two days, sadly every time my boyfriend goes to feel a movement baby stops. Typical aha.

Don't worry bumpwishes... Baby does the same thing here. It's like they can tell its not us feeling for them :)

hi ladies, glad everyone is doing well, all things considered :flower:

I havent check in for a bit because Ive been really hormonal and moody and busy lately.. bad combo, so when Im home Im just vegged out in couch or bed

as for baby movement, I always have good luck feeling movement if i eat something and then lay down quietly. baby rolls around a lot

and I'll be team Yellow for another month.. I was going to go by myself to get gender scan in another week but now husband wants me to wait until he can accompany me, so now I gotta wait even longer. Hes such a sap lol but its really sweet that he wants to be involved and find out the gender at the same time :blush:

Hows everyones Halloween plans coming along?

I don't think we'll be doing anything for Halloween, we didn't last year either. Or the year before that for that matter. Think Amelia is still a bit young for trick or treating, and not totally sure where I even stand on the subject yet.. I was brought up being told that it was practically begging and should be frowned upon. However, I think Amelia would love it. Plus, I'd get a bunch of sweets to secretly eat, since I don't let her eat many :p She does have a super cute bee costume that would be a shame not to use for Halloween, but who knows. She's also has her dinner at 5pm, milk at 6pm, (a bath every other night in between that) and is in bed for 7pm.. So we'd have to go trick or treating fairly early. Which I'm not sure residents would like.

Maybe we'll just wait til she's older, like school age, when she could last an extra hour past bedtime without having a meltdown.

Little man seems most active when I get in bed for the night. Though this is probably just cause it's when I'm paying most attention to his movements cause I'm not running around doing stuff.

The only Halloween plans we have is to go to a local farm that has halloween activities on for the kids. There's a group of us going so it should be good fun. We don't tend to go trick or treating to be honest anyway.
I'm more looking forward to bonfire night than halloween to be honest. I love wrapping up warm, going out to watch fireworks with hot chocolate etc. I can't wait!
Have a great holiday MrsK!
Belated happy birthday to those I missed!
Swampmaiden, that's really sweet that your husband wants to find out at the same time!
As for movements, little miss seems to be getting more active by the day. A week or so ago I was mainly feeling her in the evening but now I've been feeling her throughout the day. Oh hasn't been able to feel her from the outside yet as she always stops when he tries lol.

Thanks to everyone who provided their opinion regarding the pump. I ended up ordering the Hygeia Enjoye - it's a closed system, has an internal battery so doesn't need to be plugged in at all times, has interchangeable parts with the Medela and has rave reviews! Heard it is made by former Medela employees. I'm glad that I'll be getting the well loved standard (Medela PISA) as well as a really nice newer model (Hygeia Enjoye) for free! I'm a working mum so definitely need a breast pump.

I had my OB appointment on Friday and was given the orange bottle for the GTT test at my next appointment @ 26 weeks. Anyone else scheduled for the test?

I had the weirdest dream last night. I was using a breast pump to save milk up for the baby and I was over producing to the point the room started to fill up with it. There was a point where we had a river of milk. Weird! Maybe it means I shouldn't worry about having a short supply of milk, right?
DH is going out of town for a week. I'm getting super excited about the chance to run around town and visit as many thrift shops as I can. :happydance:
DH and I are trying to figure out the best time to schedule our pregnancy photos. I am thinking of doing them after the new year, what does everyone think about it?
We signed up for a childbirth class in January and to take a tour of the hospital during the same week.
So excited about watching all the lil kiddies dressed up in Costumes. I made up Halloween goody bags this year. Hoping I get some trick or treaters.

I am thinking about doing our maternity photos either around Christmas or January/February.

I'm thinking about doing photos around 32 weeks. But it really depends on how your bump is growing. I read an article from a photographer that they want you to feel good about your bump so don't wait so long that you are at the end and feel miserable. It said for most ladies around 30 weeks is ideal because your bump is obvious and for the most part you still feel good :)

I have to do the GTT (glucose tolerance test) because DD was 10 lbs (4.5 kg) at birth. I'm really not looking forward to it, but I don't know anything about the goo that they give you here to drink. Yuck!

I wish they gave us lucozade to drink in the US!

frenchie - maybe you may luck out and get it.

What is lucozade? In Canada - or at least here in Ottawa - everyone has to do the glucose tolerance test at 27 weeks. It's so horrible. They make you drink a horrible sugary orange drink. The good thing was that last time it made my dd jump around like crazy!!!

As for bump pics, we did ours around 34 weeks last time. I agree about getting it done when you still feel good about your bump lol. If I had waited until the end, I would have hated the pics!

We will be taking our DD trick or treating on Friday. I think Halloween is much bigger here in North America though. It's definitely not considered begging here lol. We have taken DD trick or treating every year. She was ten months the first year and we just dressed her up and took her to a few friends' houses to show her off. Last year we pretty much did the same. This year once she sees that she will get candy, I think she will want to go to a lot more houses!

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow morning & I am afraid that they're going to tell me I'm actually having a boy, not a girl. I had my gender scan at 15+5 & 3 lines were clearly visible.... But still.... I'm nervous!

Hi ladies, so we had our anomaly scan today. Baby is just perfect & growing as HE should be!!! Couldn't stay yellow. So excited to have joined team BLUE!

Wow You lot talk so much I had to skip through so much lol I am back home now, got home around 4pm. Have my 20week scan tomorrow and can't wait just expecting to be tired as it's an early apt. Hope everyone is well :D

Congrats on team blue, Chrislo, and good luck with yours tomorrow, Snowbunnie!!!

Thanks girls!! I was kind of prepared to wait til birth but hubby said let's find out. It was very emotional as hubby burst into tears when the sonographer said boy which of course set me off.

Good luck with your scans tomorrow sn0w & mummy_smurf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->