2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Good luck to the ladies having scans tomorrow! Exciting. Ahh i just want mine now aha. Sn0wbunnie don't be nervous, they were probably right about it being a girl. It will be amazing :)

Thanks girls!! I was kind of prepared to wait til birth but hubby said let's find out. It was very emotional as hubby burst into tears when the sonographer said boy which of course set me off

Awww!! how lovely. Congrats on your blue bump! Sadly my OH can't make it to my scan. Even if I wanted to find out I couldnt without him there. Good excuse to keep me going as team yellow aha.

Congrats Chrislo! Welcome back & good luck tomorrow Mummy_smurf :)

Snowbunnie, I'm sure she will still be a she, but it's normal to feel like that :hugs:

Nelly- we get the nasty orange drink in Toronto too, and everyone is supposed to do it not just those who are at risk.

Ok ladies, we had our 20 week scan today. It needs to be redone because they weren't able to see the kidneys, spine or heart... and the MFM said the pix they did get were terrible quality. I'm really annoyed because we left home at 8:45 and didn't get back until 2:30... so it was pretty much a waste of an entire day! Anyway, they confirmed the gender for us... we are team :pink:

Congrats Chrislo! Welcome back & good luck tomorrow Mummy_smurf :)

Snowbunnie, I'm sure she will still be a she, but it's normal to feel like that :hugs:

Nelly- we get the nasty orange drink in Toronto too, and everyone is supposed to do it not just those who are at risk.

Ok ladies, we had our 20 week scan today. It needs to be redone because they weren't able to see the kidneys, spine or heart... and the MFM said the pix they did get were terrible quality. I'm really annoyed because we left home at 8:45 and didn't get back until 2:30... so it was pretty much a waste of an entire day! Anyway, they confirmed the gender for us... we are team :pink:

Congrats on team pink :D I hope your repeat scan goes well have u got a date?

snowbunny, I hope they're able to confirm the original gender of girl.. good luck!

congrats on team :blue: chrislo, thats so sweet your husband started crying! If mine starts crying, I'll smack his head and then probably start crying too lol

and Foosh, yay on team :pink: I have a feeling I may be having a girl too, but we'll see.... ;)

And yeah, Halloween is a big deal here in N America.. I decided to spoil the neighborhood kids and get good candy... mini chocolate bars like snickers, milky ways, kitkats, butterfingers... so far, I havent been tempted to break into them yet lol

And my sister says she's going to bring my nephew to my neighborhood for trick or treating, which Im happy about because she lives out in the country with our mom and its kinda red-neck out there and not the good kind where they have truck or treating... and my neighborhood has a lot of schools and families so it should be good trick or treating here, and my neighbors are having a party that night too... kids first, then adults later and even tho I wont be able to drink, I'll definitely be eating lol

pre natal classes: I've signed up for January classes also... for those of you with a local Red Cross chapter, they offer FREE pregnancy classes, all you have to do it buy the book. So thats what Im doing. Check out your local Red Cross

Best day ever! Got a call from one of the midwife groups saying that they had an opening if I was still interested!

It's only taken since we found out to get on with one...

I have a random question and just wandering what others think. Those of you who get heartburn do you ever get days wen no matter how much medicine u drink it won't go away/keeps coming back and if so on those days did baby move more? I ask as it's happened to me today iv had gaviscon a few times and some tum tums and it just keeps comin back and iv felt baby move a lot today.

mummy_smurf: I got some bad heartburn last night that wouldn't go away for the life of me, I finally ended up trying to suck on hard candy. My best friend told me this trick when she was pregnant last year. y sucking on hard candy you salivate more and the saliva will neutralize the stomach acid. It took about 30 minutes and 2 hard candies but it worked for me. I figured I earned the heartburn after eating some really spicy food a few hours beforehand. The continued burning sounds like you may have some damage from bouts of heartburn or acid reflux while sleeping. Be sure to mention it to your midwife or doctor the next time you see them. They may end up giving you stronger medications to help prevent more damage from happening.

I'm feeling bad for DF, every time I tell him to try and feel Squiggles, the baby stops moving. Tonight, he had his face/hand where I've been feeling movement, and bless him he was being so patient, and twice the baby moved and he couldn't feel it... I wonder if I have an anterior placenta? No one specifically told me, but maybe if I have no issues they wouldn't have mentioned it?

I'm feeling bad for DF, every time I tell him to try and feel Squiggles, the baby stops moving. Tonight, he had his face/hand where I've been feeling movement, and bless him he was being so patient, and twice the baby moved and he couldn't feel it... I wonder if I have an anterior placenta? No one specifically told me, but maybe if I have no issues they wouldn't have mentioned it?

Hubby can feel baby but only if he has his hand there for what seems like an eternity, then baby finally lets Daddy have a feel. Don't worry, within a month or so your DF will be able to feel baby easily I'm sure. :flower:

LilFooshFoosh: I just noticed you weren't listed on the front page. I updated with your name for the 22nd (I tried to do the math from your ticker). Is that right?

I'm exactly the same. My placenta is anterior but because I'm quite small I feel movement and have felt stronger kicks on the outside. OH is just unlucky :/. Hopefully you'll have some luck soon. Think things like a snack and a cold drink are meant to get baby moving.

mummy_smurf: I got some bad heartburn last night that wouldn't go away for the life of me, I finally ended up trying to suck on hard candy. My best friend told me this trick when she was pregnant last year. y sucking on hard candy you salivate more and the saliva will neutralize the stomach acid. It took about 30 minutes and 2 hard candies but it worked for me. I figured I earned the heartburn after eating some really spicy food a few hours beforehand. The continued burning sounds like you may have some damage from bouts of heartburn or acid reflux while sleeping. Be sure to mention it to your midwife or doctor the next time you see them. They may end up giving you stronger medications to help prevent more damage from happening.

I shall do that thanks I don't recall having the problem before yesterday :p

Hr n half till my scan I can't wait hope he's still a boy :p

Thanks Frenchie! Yes, I'm due the 22nd.

I had pretty bad heartburn last time (DS had little to no hair until over 1 year old, sorry to bunk that old wives tale) and ended up practically living off tums. I used an extra pillow to elevate my head while sleeping (I still do) and that helped, but I never tired the hard candy thing. I'm pretty sure I have some around so I will try to remember next time!

DH can't feel anything yet either, in the next couple of weeks I think it will be possible though. I think someone said this before (Nelly maybe?) but have OH put their head/face on your belly... for some reason babies like kicking their daddy's in the head :rofl:

Scan went well Hes still a boy :D I'm thinking of Liam conor for the name :D my sonographer wasn't very good she didn't tell me anything had to read paper they put in notes and she didn't take measurements of his length but could be because he was curled up lol wasn't co operating with her gettin heart info but eventually got it. Apparently I have an anterior placenta so expect that's the reason for my bleed early on as I googled it and ur higher risk of bleeding lol I will upload scan pic later, one thing she got right lol I asked for two she printed me 4 :D

Heartburn still here annoying me :(

Haha yeah I told MissFrick's DF to try that. I think you could have an anterior placenta though, Missfrick, because you seem to be having the same feelings as me and mine is anterior. Hubby still hasn't felt anything this time, and really I haven't felt anything on the outside. It will happen though! Everyone I know who has had an anterior in the past tells me that anyway :)

Congrats on all the recent scans and finding out (and confirming) the baby's gender!
I still haven't felt anything that I know is baby. At night I usually just sit quietly for a little while and see what things could be, but nothing yet. I'm hoping I will feel it soon.
I have a fetal echo next Thursday, and if all goes well (which we expect it to), we will be booking a private scan to hopefully find out what the baby is.

Went in for my gender scan today, I am 19w2d. The tech said the baby is growing perfectly... everything about the baby is perfect (she's still a girl!!!), but the tech said I have a circumvallate placenta. She didn't seem concerned; she said they see that frequently. She said I would most likely have to have another scan in the 3rd tri to make sure the baby is growing okay. I didn't get to see my doctor after the scan & my next appointment isn't until 11/18. Of course, I Googled it & now I am scared shitless. Anyone have any experience with this?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->