2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I have NO CLUE on names, we throw them out here and there but haven't had, like, a serious name convo since we had to dismiss the one we both really liked (long, stupid, story). But there are still some faves we have, just haven't actually discussed it since before the wedding.

Nelly, my ultrasound is at 1030 and my appointment is at 11! Do you have the pregnant nurse? I'm trying to figure out how far along she is, she's quite tiny but DH things she's further along than us. Also, I gained 6lbs in the same 4 weeks and was told to lay off carbs... lol my tummy is so big and round already, I'm starting to kinda love it actually!

Nice! We might see you there :) I do usually have that nurse. I believe she is 6 weeks further along, so she would be about 34 weeks. She is tiny and this is her third! I now look like I did at 34 weeks last time :S

So when people say no two pregnancies are the same, they are right! I am so big and uncomfortable already this time! This guy is so low, and it's really uncomfortable to walk. How am I going to manage another 12 weeks lol!?

We have workers here today to put the frame up in the baby's room! I think they are aiming to have the room dry walled and mudded around the end of the year. Our flooring is set to some early next week, and we have narrowed down paint colours. Exciting. Things are finally happening. I'm looking forward to putting all of the baby things in her room, washing clothes and putting them in the dresser and closet...
I was having a bath last night and I think I saw my belly move from baby. It was funny. Still haven't been able to time it right for my husband to try and feel, though.

Nelly I feel you! This is my first, but she's low I think... My actual uterus and stomach look normal I think, but I rarely am getting kicks above the belly button, and definitely none in the ribs... Causing some pretty bad ligament pains at the bottom actually. She is 34 weeks no wonder she told me to lay off carbs I was showing WAY before she was!

Well hopefully she never sees me coming into the office after picking up my lunch because I just bought a 4 piece chicken meal from KFC :blush: .... I have NO willpower this time!

Bucherwurm, that's exciting about the baby room!!!

Missbx, different offices will have different rules for the test, but what Nelly said is the basic procedure. Some will have you fast a little beforehand, some let you drink water, some let you eat up until you drink the stuff. I was advised not to go heavy on the carbs the day before the test. I've heard some women get sick after drinking the glucose stuff, but I was ok personally (it takes a lot to get me sick). Blood draws are never fun, but it was the best pregnancy one so far because they only took one vial, not a bunch like at previous draws.

Nelly, I have no idea how I'm going to go another three months! I'm mostly ok in the daytime aside from the low stamina, but I just can't get comfortable at night. I miss sleeping on my stomach so much. I found myself half on my stomach last night even though it felt so weird (sorry, kid) because my hips couldn't take it anymore on my side. Ick.

Bucherwurm, exciting on the renovations! I hope you'll post photos when they're all done! I'd love to see some other nurseries! Ours is still a disaster area.

So, my mom, brother, and I all have winter birthdays. Mom's just passed, mine is coming up next week, and my brother's is mid-January. For the past several years, mom has said that since the holidays are so busy, we'll just all do something fun together in January to celebrate the birthdays. And then we never do anything. It was a little annoying at first because Christmas babies tend to lose their birthdays to Christmas a lot, but I've gotten used to it, and she drives us all more and more crazy every year, so it's more the principle of the thing than the lack of party. Just say you're too busy and send me a birthday text, you know? So now all of a sudden she wants to get together for my birthday this year. With less than a week's notice when we're getting ready to host Christmas, of course! We're going to get lunch on Monday. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm growing another grandson for her now :haha:

MrsK I usually wake up sort of half on my side/stomach, if it happens in your sleep you obviously can't control it. DH says some nights I sleep flat on my back; again, it's not the position I fall asleep in, so there's not much to be done. Wouldn't worry about it. :D

I'm not too worried about it, but it wasn't very comfortable! I was half awake when I did it, I think it was just sheer desperation. I miss sprawling :(

Missbx, different offices will have different rules for the test, but what Nelly said is the basic procedure. Some will have you fast a little beforehand, some let you drink water, some let you eat up until you drink the stuff. I was advised not to go heavy on the carbs the day before the test. I've heard some women get sick after drinking the glucose stuff, but I was ok personally (it takes a lot to get me sick). Blood draws are never fun, but it was the best pregnancy one so far because they only took one vial, not a bunch like at previous draws.

Nelly, I have no idea how I'm going to go another three months! I'm mostly ok in the daytime aside from the low stamina, but I just can't get comfortable at night. I miss sleeping on my stomach so much. I found myself half on my stomach last night even though it felt so weird (sorry, kid) because my hips couldn't take it anymore on my side. Ick.

Bucherwurm, exciting on the renovations! I hope you'll post photos when they're all done! I'd love to see some other nurseries! Ours is still a disaster area.

So, my mom, brother, and I all have winter birthdays. Mom's just passed, mine is coming up next week, and my brother's is mid-January. For the past several years, mom has said that since the holidays are so busy, we'll just all do something fun together in January to celebrate the birthdays. And then we never do anything. It was a little annoying at first because Christmas babies tend to lose their birthdays to Christmas a lot, but I've gotten used to it, and she drives us all more and more crazy every year, so it's more the principle of the thing than the lack of party. Just say you're too busy and send me a birthday text, you know? So now all of a sudden she wants to get together for my birthday this year. With less than a week's notice when we're getting ready to host Christmas, of course! We're going to get lunch on Monday. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that I'm growing another grandson for her now :haha:

Thankyou they gave me the letter a few months back at my 12 week scan and it says to not eat after 9pm so I haven't eaten anything for a few hours now it says small sips of water is okay. I have HG so hoping the drink won't make me sick lol

Missbixx you can take your meds if you have any for nausea and vomitting. If you vomit during the test you have to come back and redo it.

:wave:

Momma I'm really sorry you didn't pass the GTT, I hope the diet isn't too stressful, can you work in any treats at all? Hopefully diet alone will control it:hugs:

Good luck missbx

Have fun at your party nellylou and miss frick!

MrsK lol at the birthday, what does she have in mind?

Teilana your puppy is so so cute, those eyes!!:cloud9:

I keep changing my names lol

Drmum and lilfoosh, hope everything is continuing smoothly?:hugs:

I think my GTT has been forgotten :shrug:

My ffn test came back positive Tuesday pm, now 3 days post result. Every single time it goes positive I get pprom not long after:nope: Cervix shortened in the space of a week also. My perinatologist has prepared me that he anticipates the pprom, we've discussed hospitals NICU wise. The one I want to deliver at (its like a hotel!) will only accept from 28 weeks, if things happen before then its UCSD, great NICU but lame rooms! My nausea and vomiting is back with a vengeance, got more Zofran a few days ago and down 16 already!! My OB called in a script for Phenergan suppositories and they're helping:thumbup: I'm freaking out so bad, 26 weeks is scary. This is 4th pregnancy using ffn, each and every time its been accurate:nope:

Couple questions too, anyone getting truly awful heartburn, giving that mid chest pain, acid but also moving into upper back?

Due date Q next, my OB has me at due march 20th but perinatology at 22nd, which should I use?

Whats everyone got on this weekend? I'm on the couch, wondering if a wheelchair to IHOP for breakfast will be ok:coffee: I'm strict bedrest. Very lucky to not have to be in hospital rest yet!! 6 kids gives a predictable history, I do pprom then not straight away delivery so as soon as any sign its straight in and hospital to delivery:cry:

I think we're just getting lunch, Mummy. We'll see.

Maybe someone can bring you IHOP? I'm sure you're going stir crazy, but at this point I wouldn't take the risk without the doctor's approval. I hope you can keep her in long enough to go to your preferred hospital!

I don't know what we're doing this weekend. We were supposed to go to Buy Buy Baby and try out carseats this evening, but I went to Costco with a friend and by the time we were done and ready to get a bite to eat, I had gone too long without eating and had another weird dizzy spell, so I had to sit down for a bit after we ate, so we got back to my place late, and DH decided we'd just go later. So my friend and I went to Target instead and got a lot of Christmas shopping done, and now I'm totally beat. I think tomorrow will be rest day, but we might go to do the carseat thing when DH gets home from work. Otherwise I think just cleaning and organizing around the house.

This weekend is intensive potty training: we're going underpants only for a couple days, even though it's a bit chilly. DD will be cute running around in a sweater, socks, but no pants! We started last night and did well. DH will be home with me for the next couple of days, so I won't be doing all the bending over and cleaning up. All of this with Christmas music on a loop!

How are the other mommas doing with the potty?

Potty training here is progressing slowly. We still get a few accidents. She is pretty good about asking me to take her to the potty. Now that we have a portable sat she has even gone potty in places outside the house! She has gone on her smaller potty by herself a few times, but still needs help with clean up. She needs my help much more often than not, but she is progressing! We always have underpants in in the day unless we are going out, then it's a pull up. At night it's pull up as well. She's often dry in the morning!

My 3 year old (4 in march) keeps coming home in different underwear :wacko: Hope you guys get success!

Whats causing the dizzy spells MrsK?:hugs:

Bookity, I assume you're talking about your 3 year old? I think you remember you saying that your younger one was getting a bit jealous when you helped her big sister on the potty. Maybe that will get her interested in going?

I've only had a couple, mummy. It's mostly being stupid and not eating soon enough. I think it's just my blood sugar giving up and tanking. We were late getting going, and we meant to get to Costco, eat lunch, and then shop, but we were halfway down an aisle when we realized we'd forgotten to eat first, and I thought I'd be ok. And I was til I was standing in the food line and started feeling crappy. Eating and sitting down for a few minutes does the job and gets me feeling better, thankfully. The friend I was shopping with is a diabetic, and she keeps offering to test my blood sugar. No needles! I can tell it's low without bleeding, thanks :p

I'm feeling extra paranoid today. I'm generally an anxious person, and I've been surprisingly levelheaded during the pregnancy despite not being able to take the herbal supplement that I usually take that keeps it in check. But we were out so much yesterday that I didn't feel the baby moving around much (totally normal at this point, he's only just started kicking noticeably when I'm not sitting on the couch), and I think knowing that I'm in the gestational week that my nephew was born is adding to the anxiety. He has been kicking, and it felt overnight like maybe he was aiming more for the placenta, so that would explain not feeling as much, but I hope he gets dancing soon. I had a cup of coffee and a little fudge to get him going ;) I don't think there's anything actually wrong, it's just the old anxiety rearing its head and reminding me that I can only escape so long...

Oh, MrsK, the pregnant mind! There's always something bothering us, and we find few moments to just relax and ponder the wonder that is pregnancy. That baby won't do what you expect once he's born, so don't expect him to do so now! The holidays also seem to stir up uncertainty and worry. Maybe it's the shorter days and the lack of desire to spend time outdoors. I hope you know that you're not alone in feeling this way. I like to think that the moms that never worry about anything are the ones that give their children Coke in baby bottles and leave the scissors out next to unprotected power outlets. Try to think of it as showing that you care instead of worrying.

He's kicking up a storm now, confirming that I am a crazy person. He must like fudge as much as I do :D

I forgot to say, I got his going home outfit! If I find something better I'll get it, but this is the best I've seen so far. I wanted something with little bears.

So DH has been telling everyone our name. I don't mind, but I'm thinking it might be hard to hide at the shower if everyone knows but my mom... I may have to reconsider my name hiding scheme and just email her or something so she has time to compose herself if she doesn't like it. Maybe I'll use his name in our little Christmas letter and send one to her too.

Attachments

• layette.jpg
    layette.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe