2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I love the idea of writing a letter to the baby! I'm planning to get a book and hoping to do well about filing it out over the months. I am #4 in my family; the oldest had a completed baby book, the 2nd had a book, but it was barely filled in and my sister and I never even had books :( And both you and DH writing the birth story sounds so special LilFoosh, I'd love to do that-not sure if I'd convince DH of it though

I like that we have a record on here of our pregnancy stories and such. I was thinking of going through my posts and saving them, kind of like a journal that I'm too lazy to keep up with normally.
I tend to be sentimental about things in general. I have any of the puppy teeth I could find from my two puppies, and I also have teeth of the husky at my parents house (who is sort of mine), and my parents have the other dog's puppy teeth. I have my teeth and a hair clipping from myself. I think I have the hospital bracelet from my tonsil surgery when I was young, and my mom kept my baby hospital bracelet. Most likely we will keep things other people think are weird!

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I brought a notebook and started a journal to baby. My mom did that with me and wrote in it every now and then until I was about 2. She even had people at her baby shower write to me in there and now I have it and think it's really cool. I don't write as much as I'd like, but I make sure to after doctor's appointments, events, first movement I felt, etc. Now that I know it's a boy I'm not sure he'll be as interested, but I figured it'd be a cool record for me to have if he doesn't want it.

I love the idea of writing a letter to the baby! I'm planning to get a book and hoping to do well about filing it out over the months. I am #4 in my family; the oldest had a completed baby book, the 2nd had a book, but it was barely filled in and my sister and I never even had books :( And both you and DH writing the birth story sounds so special LilFoosh, I'd love to do that-not sure if I'd convince DH of it though

I am #3 and didn't have a baby book either, while the other two did. I always bugged my mom about it though, and told her I wanted a baby book by the time I got married. She made me a really nice one and gave it to me at my wedding shower lol!

Here is a picture of little Suzy! I would have posted sooner but my computer has been acting up :(

She is doing well so far, lots of playing and sleeping, like a puppy should :)

Attachments

• 2014-12-09 10.49.16.jpg
    2014-12-09 10.49.16.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7
Teilana she is cute!

Nelly & Twinkie, I'm #2 of 4 but 3 & 4 were surprise twins when my mum was 42. She was extremely high risk so she kept track of everything! So really I was the only one who didn't really have any baby book info. :haha:

I'm number three. I have a baby book, but all it has is my name and birthdate. Also my birth announcement. The end!

It's funny how the 3rd, 4th, 5th child doesn't get any record of the pregnancy or birth. I am the youngest girl and the 5th child. So I literally have no record other than my birth certificate. Which is completely normal for my family. I didn't even know about baby books until i was a teenager and started babysitting. So I am definitely going to try my best to keep something special for this little one.

So, I had the weirdest dream ever about being able to shapeshift and such and then I was yelling at my brother for stealing the batteries from the babies toys. In the dream he was trying to use them to repair a lift. then i went back to shape shifting and was fighting off big green globs. :wacko:

Anyone else having bizarre dreams?

MommaSquirrel, I decided awhile ago that I'm not shaving anything that I can't reach without yoga practice! If nothing else, I'm not taking the risk of falling in the tub. There's really nothing to grab onto on the way down in our tubs. I slipped and fell last year and my ass was blue for a week.

I'm doing a baby book, but it was hard to find one online that was only one year. The idea of a five year book is cute, but I'm being realistic here. I hope I can keep up with a book when we have a second baby, too. I was the second and mine is barely filled in, too. I got a little book in the first trimester with a section for journaling every week, a section for doctor's appointments, and a section just for general notes. I try to keep up with it, but I've been forgetting lately, and my journal entries have been more like monthly than daily. They usually start out with "The pregnancy brain has made me very forgetful lately..." I haven't really written it out with the baby reading it in mind (not sure he wants to read about me whining about heartburn and lightning crotch), but I'm sure I can go through it later and pick out pregnancy details he may want to hear.

I've had several weird pregnancy dreams, but I don't remember most of them. Lately I've had a few make out dreams. Not even sex dreams, but just dreams about making out. It's like my subconscious is 15 again. What the hell?

So if it's not one thing with this kid, it's another. I guess that's parenting, huh? The midwife left me a voicemail this morning, confirming that the placenta has moved, but mentioned that his femurs are measuring just a little on the short side. She didn't seem concerned since I did all the first and second trimester screenings for chromosomal issues and they all came back super low risk, so she thinks it's just an imperfect measurement, so I'm not letting myself freak out, but I wish this kid would give me a break. I did a little research and it could also just be a short parent thing. I'm 5'4" and DH is 5'7" so that could definitely be a factor. No followups as far as I know, unless she mentions it at my appointment next week, so I'm guessing it's really nothing.

I'm #1... No baby book.

Puppy is adorable... How long after getting her did she break her leg? She looks to be in great spirits!

I have my growth ultrasound on Christmas Eve day! Can't wait, wish it would be sooner I can't wait to see this little stinker again.

Hey Nelly, your insurance doesn't cover a breast pump does it? I can't find all the insurance info online, and DH is busy and forgetful. Also, see you on Saturday? I believe at least 3 of us preggos will be at the party! Hope I win something good in the draw; last year DH won a huge basket of chocolate and I'd prefer anything else lol!

missfrick, it was only a couple hours after we had her home :( You wouldn't know that she was injured though with how active and outgoing she has been!

The results came back and I didn't pass the second GTT so I get to go on a protein and vegetable diet. :cry::cry::cry:

I am getting referred to an endocrinologist and was told I'd be monitoring my blood sugar from home for a few weeks to figure out if I need to go on medication or if it can be controlled through my diet.

I feel a bit upset but at the same time I know it's the best to start now with the changes in how I eat. I need a hug.

Oh no! What a pain in the ass! I hope the adjustment isn't too hard on you :( Just a few months!

Big hugs momma! I do need to apologise though as I think misread your earlier post that it had all gone great which is why I said great job!! Sorry lovely, crossed wires!

It will be tough, there is no doubt, but I would imagine that doing it for the health of your baby is probably easier to stick to than just a random health kick like we all go on at random times. You're already a great mum for sticking with the testing and getting the right diagnosis.

Bug hugs- you can do it!! And I will try to read more thoroughly in the future!!

Sorry about the gtt momma :( Can I ask, do you have any symptoms, as in do you feel off after eating lots of sugar/carbs??

Sorry about the gtt momma :( Can I ask, do you have any symptoms, as in do you feel off after eating lots of sugar/carbs??

I actually have no symptoms at all. I have very low blood pressure and I don't get sleepy or a sugar high after eating. I don't even have the swelling that is common.

I'm going to ask the doctor at my next visit if this will alter my birth plan. I know some people with GD have to get induced so baby won't get too big or they end up c-section. I would rather go for the induction if it came down to it. I am terrified of going through surgery. my next appointment is in a week. I'm going through my kitchen/pantry tomorrow to get rid of things I know I will have issues with. I don't have any will power to just ignore the junk food. Then off to the grocers to get some veggies and buy lots and lots of meat.

I hope you get good news on delivery. I know my midwives will let you go into labor on your own and labor in the fancy rooms and so on without extra interventions, if your diabetes is controlled by diet alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->