2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Hello ladies, sorry I haven't been about much. May I please update my Due date to the 30th March and join team pink please? Xxxxx

He's kicking up a storm now, confirming that I am a crazy person. He must like fudge as much as I do :D

I forgot to say, I got his going home outfit! If I find something better I'll get it, but this is the best I've seen so far. I wanted something with little bears.

So DH has been telling everyone our name. I don't mind, but I'm thinking it might be hard to hide at the shower if everyone knows but my mom... I may have to reconsider my name hiding scheme and just email her or something so she has time to compose herself if she doesn't like it. Maybe I'll use his name in our little Christmas letter and send one to her too.

That outfit is so cute!

Baby certainly let me know he was there last night he kept me awake til 3am kicking and I had that horrible cramp like feeling in my knee I hope he doesn't do it again tonight. This last 13week seems to be going slow I just want him here now but at least I can celebrate 3rd trimenster tomorrow :D

My in-laws bought us a car seat! That means that we have all our "must have" items and only have "nice to have" and "want to have" items left. We have also bought absolutely nothing this time around. Prep is so much easier for kid number 2! Oh, and our neighbors gave us their booster seat which means we can use the highchair for the baby in about 9 months.

That's great, SarahBear! I can't wait to reach the "we have everything necessary" point! It must be a relief.

MrsK, sounds like a hard time:hugs: It is only natural to be having an increase in anxiety with such a big reminder in the case of your nephew:hugs: Does sound like low sugar! I get hypoglycaemia a lot, leaves me shaky, nauseous, clammy palms and tbh really pissed off:haha: Does that sound familiar? I carry the glucose tablets, you can get over the counter at like Walmart/cvs etc for only $1 and they help to get you by to the nearest food place:hugs: Love, love, love Teddy's going home outfit:cloud9: Anterior placentas suck :(

Hi glitterfly!

Ouch! Sorry about your knee mummy_smurf, but yay for 3rd tri:happydance:

Good going Sarahbear:thumbup:

I'm getting prepared, I think!!! Got her clothes now, bought most of carters:blush: Got the secret santa mama and baby parts ready, got some Christmas stuff done (lights were still up from last year so that was easy:haha:), bickering with hubby over the stroller lol and need a crib. Getting another 4moms mamaroo and I think that's mostly it. With everything that's been going on, the biggest hurdle is getting to the actual post office!!!

I usually carry a granola bar or something, but I didn't have a purse with me yesterday. I'm pretty good about making sure I eat, my schedule was just really thrown off. The few times it's happened, I've been overheated, nauseated, and lightheaded. I just want to put my head down and have someone bring me pizza ;) Oh well. I've learned my lesson for another month or two now!

Teddy is going nuts now, too bad DH is in the next room and not watching! But if I call him in I know T will stop...

Sounds like you've been busy! Maybe you can schedule a pickup for your package? Leaving the Christmas lights up is definitely the most efficient way to decorate!

Hi girls

Mummy sounds like you are on top of it all and I'm crossing everything that little miss mummy just hangs in there as long as possible!

Frenchie hope the potty training is going well!

Mrsk hope you're feeling well! Don't feel alone with the anxiety episodes. I spend every minute worrying about the what ifs of pregnancy.

So my pain in the butt of the day is that my brand new Christmas tree which I have had for four whole days has packed up and the lights are broken. Of course the shop say there aren't any left to exchange it, the nearest branch is 5 hours away ( I bought it online) and it's all "take it up with the manufacturer" grrrrrrr. So tomorrow I have to drive back into the city, get a different tree and then take up the fight for a refund.

Anyhoo. These things are sent to try us! I will not become a grinch, I will not become a grinch........

Oh, what a bunch of jerks! Can they not just refund you? Manufacturer guarantees should be for stuff that breaks after a couple months, not a couple days.

They say we have to take it up with GE first and then they will consider refund. Either way, it's not going to be before Christmas...! You're on the money with your assessment...bunch of jerks! Thanks lowes...!

Oh ladies... Back when I had all my first trimester hip pain, I bought an elastic bump support belt on the recommendation of a couple friends. It did nothing for the hip pain back then because there was no bump to support, but I just pulled it back out because I've been getting achy after long days of walking or getting up and down off the couch too much. I'm helping DH in the kitchen now, and oh my goodness does it make a big difference. I wish I'd dug it out a month ago. Go buy support belts!

hi ladies, been pretty busy lately with husband home now and moving out of our little house this weekend

mummy, hang in there.. Ive got all my fingers and toes crossed for you to make it to at least 28 weeks, if not 30!!!

I looked up the FFN test, and I swear I learn something new everyday... I had no idea there was 'uterus glue' that helps a baby stick inside, and that secreting it was a sign of impending labor. Hopefully its just breaking down reallly slooowly for you... youre so close to 28 weeks, and I'd go by your earlier due date so youll have a few extra days of grace if something does happen earlier than youd like

Anybody starting classes soon? Mine dont start for another 3 weeks yet

Good luck with the move! My classes don't start til early January.

The jerk little dog woke me up before I was ready, and I really can't handle not getting enough sleep anymore. It turns me from a generally cheerful fertility goddess to a raging lunatic sitcom pregzilla. I wonder if I can manage a nap this afternoon. We have a lot to do, but at the rate I'm going, I might just snap and start murdering people.

By classes, you mean birthing classes? I'm not taking any. I read books, watched DVD's and did research online last time. That was plenty to prep me. This time around, I'm just relying on prior knowledge and prior experience.

My classes start in about a month.
Mrsk: I totally understand what you mean. Hoping you get a nap today.
Dh helped me prep to make beef stew. It smells amazing. Has anyone noticed they are drooling more? I swear I just think about yummy food and my mouth starts watering like crazy.

Thanks, momma. I didn't get a nap in, but I've managed not to go on any killing sprees, so I guess I'll count that as a victory ;) I'm still exhausted, hoping I sleep better tonight. My mood seems to have stabilized, at least. For now...

By classes, you mean birthing classes? I'm not taking any. I read books, watched DVD's and did research online last time. That was plenty to prep me. This time around, I'm just relying on prior knowledge and prior experience.

I did classes with my first, but had already read everything and really didn't find the classes helpful. I also took a breastfeeding class which was more helpful, but they didn't touch on what to do if you have issues at all which I did. It was basically "Your body will provide the milk your baby needs" so when mine didn't, I had a really hard time. Otherwise it was great for teaching holds and how to latch etc. I don't think there is any reason to take any classes for a second child lol.

I seem to only turn into a pregzilla when my husband is driving lol other than that its usually zen-like fertility goddess. Thats pretty funny.

So today is the Big Move Day... husbands out getting the U-Haul, and I woke up with a sore scratchy throat. At least my backache is pretty much gone, and Im just sipping on hot herbal tea with honey and lemon.

As for classes (and of course, birthing classes lol which others would be relevant here? ;) ) Im actually taking two sets... both are free, and even though I read and research a lot too, I really like the idea of community and meeting other moms as well.
One of the classes is 3 days a week for 2 weeks, its through the Red Cross and its more of a general hospital birth prep class with the standard coping mechanisms like LaMaze, Bradley etc
The other is through my Birth Center and its 1 day a week for 7 weeks, so that one will take me into early March. This class focuses on the particular methods the birthing center uses as well as their unique practices. Im not sure, but I think their main coping mechanism is HypnoBirthing.

Also, has anyone set up their registry yet? Ive never done one before, is there a standard block of time to do it before the baby shower??

Hope everyone is well, that Beef Stew sounds goood!!! (not drooling anymore than usual tho haha)

I have had my registry started since before baby was cooking. I have tweaked it some in the last 27 weeks, but I have finished it. Figured I probably should finish it before Christmas just in case anyone was asking what to get us, we don't need much for ourselves right now, just for little man.

I started the baby registry after the first trimester at some point. I went ahead and made on on amazon.com because it has a little of everything and mostly it was way cheaper than the store itself. I figured the friends and family would love to save some money on shipping if they were already prime members. It think all we have are things we'd really like left on the registry because I'm so anxious and just had to get ready a few months ago. We have just about everything. The one Item I am hoping someone gets us is a jumparoo and feeding chair. I know they are not must haves right now but when little one is sitting on their own I'd really like them to have those items. There is just something so cute about seeing a little one jumping around or having their own designated feeding table.

Good luck with the move, Swampmaiden!

We set up our registries at Amazon and Buy Buy Baby about a month ago, only because one of my friends was bugging me about it. Has she purchased anything off the registries after all that bugging? Of course not. A mutual friend tells me she's planning something totally off-registry. Which is fine, but why was she bugging me so much then??? She knew our nursery colors and knows my taste. I've been tweaking them bit by bit, but I think they're in pretty good shape now except for making a final car seat decision, which I think we're doing tonight. Shower invitations should go out soon, which was my personal deadline.

The kid is being lazy again this morning, and I'm leaving the house in a few minutes, so I probably won't feel him much. Based on how his kicks felt overnight, I think maybe he's hitting the placenta again. I wish he'd just give me a break from the anxiety this week! He's kicking just enough to keep me from really thinking something is wrong, but not enough to keep me from being nervous. I hope once I get into week 29 the anxiety eases up some. I have the midwife tomorrow, and I'm tempted to ask about it, but I doubt she can give me much helpful advice. Probably tell me to meditate and take up yoga or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->