2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

My guy has short femurs, too, though I don't know the numbers. It's terrifying, but I did a lot of research, and if there aren't other troubling signs, the vast majority of cases are just short babies. They do like to keep an eye on everything just in case, but I'm quickly learning that extra monitoring doesn't necessarily mean problems. My next one is in mid January at almost 33 weeks, the midwife said they won't see much before then.

I'm guessing anterior placenta and baby position are to blame for not feeling kicks. I have an anterior placenta and I've only been for sure feeling him for a month or so (I don't have my journal handy to check exactly). I still have a big movement dead zone where I feel absolutely nothing. I'd ask about it at this point, but not necessarily freak out about it.

Mommasquirrel- love the stories!

I hadn't really thought about it much but the idea of tearing does sound scary! What are these massages that everyone's talking about? Also, tmi, but does having bad tearing affect how much one may enjoy dtd in the future?

I'm just choosing to ignore the possibility of tearing. Eek...

So I may have hit another milestone. When I went to bed last night, I realized my wedding set was tighter than normal and annoying me. They've been too big up til now! I switched them to my right hand til I got up to pee halfway through the night, then put them in the jewelry box. Haven't tried them on this morning. I'm hoping it was a fluke and just the result of a long day, I don't appear to be swollen anywhere else. I'm going to Target today, I'm tempted to just get a cheap fake band in a bigger size. I was really hoping to escape the too small rings, since I've had no swelling issues so far, and my rings were already too big.

I had some tearing, and I had no idea until the nurse told me that it was time to stitch me up. As for DTD later, I was actually tighter down there than before, so we actually had to take it easy for a couple months. Now I guess I'm back to normal. I'm hoping the scar tissue doesn't interfere too much for a second delivery.

Hey ladies! Posting an update from Mummy3 from Facebook since it's harder for her to post here from her phone. This is the latest from about half an hour ago. The other Facebook ladies and I will try to keep the thread updated here as news comes in.

Litlle baby is coming by c section about 3/4pm this afternoon, its 11.30am just now, just waiting on the 8 hours post eating. Please keep us in your thoughts, I'll update with pics and story as soon as we can. I would love it if you guys can (fast!!!) give your weight guesses for her baby book. So far 1lb 12oz, 1lb 10oz, 2lb, 2lb 1oz, 2lb 8oz, 1lb 9.5oz, 2lb 2oz, 2lb 5oz, 1lb 14oz and 1lb 6oz have been taken.

oh no! I guess baby couldn't wait any longer. Good luck Mummy & little bubs!! :hugs:

Dentdoc: Perineal massages are a type of massage you can do by yourself or with the help of your other half. Best way to imagine it is stretching yourself out down there towards your bottom using your thumbs pulling outward as baby would be doing when arriving. The stretching/massaging helps to loosen/stretch the skin so there is more flexibility when you are delivering the baby. Ad I have read it's similar to putting your thumbs in your mouth and stretching your mouth out at the sides. You stretch until you feel a slight burn then you massage that area in circles.
There are a lot of resources out on the net to help. I know I am definitely going to be doing the massage because of have issues with elasticity. I tear a lot and If I don't dtd regularly I tear again until I am used to it. My doctor never gave me a solid answer as to why it happens to me but my friend has the same problem and she does massage on herself daily to prevent it from happening. I think her case it worse than mine.
I don't think that things will change too much once your give birth other than the possibility of needing stitches. After you have baby you won't want to dtd for a few months afterwards because it takes that long for your body to heal and honestly, I think it would hurt if you tried sooner. I told DH he is going to have to deal with no fun until baby is at least 4-6 months. I am going to be so sleep deprived that I won't be interested in anything other than sleeping or eating.

I hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe that all our ladies will be in their third trimester by next Tuesday. Also, Can't believe we'll be hearing about our first March-Mallow birth in an hour or so. Looking forward to pictures and good news.:happydance::thumbup::hugs:

Thanks mrs k for posting mummy3s update. I wanted to reply to her last post but was on my phone which was not playing nicely. Please keep us updated and pass on lots of good luck. Thinking of her lots.

We had a huge power outage this morning with the big snow fall which was a nightmare! Back up and running now but all the stuff I have to get done before the whole family arrive tomorrow still has to get done and I'm so tired!!

Only 8 weeks until my c section and time is going fast now. Anyone else got a date yet?

Hey ladies! Posting an update from Mummy3 from Facebook since it's harder for her to post here from her phone. This is the latest from about half an hour ago. The other Facebook ladies and I will try to keep the thread updated here as news comes in.

Litlle baby is coming by c section about 3/4pm this afternoon, its 11.30am just now, just waiting on the 8 hours post eating. Please keep us in your thoughts, I'll update with pics and story as soon as we can. I would love it if you guys can (fast!!!) give your weight guesses for her baby book. So far 1lb 12oz, 1lb 10oz, 2lb, 2lb 1oz, 2lb 8oz, 1lb 9.5oz, 2lb 2oz, 2lb 5oz, 1lb 14oz and 1lb 6oz have been taken.

I actually just got back from visiting her in the hospital. Her baby should be out in this world by now, the doctors were hoping to have her in for surgery around 3p. Shes so brave and has a wonderful positive attitude... Im really full of admiration for her, because this is not an easy time for anyone... at least we were able to laugh and make the situation a bit lighter.

And speaking of the Facebook group, Id like to join... Ive been waiting until I hit 3rd tri and made my pregnancy public on FB to join the group. How do I join??

Swampmaiden, I sent you a pm.

Can't wait to hear a baby update! I'm glad there are some march mamas nearby and you were able to visit her!! I imagine being through a premie birth before, she's got reassurance of the abilities of the doctors and nurses to care for her little one. Of course, even experience can't take away all the worry so I'm glad you were able to laugh with her. :)

I hope she updates soon - I've been stalking Facebook. This will be her earliest, though the other 5 were all premies. I swear, the moment I heard she's coming today, bawling. I knew we were all amazing support for each other, but I think there's a special little place in my heart for each and every one of you - we are all doing this magnificent thing together, and are all on this roller coaster as a huge supportive team. I hope we all keep in touch after! :sobs:

I'm still going strong keeping in touch with my fellow November 2012 mommies. I hope we are able to do the same!

I think it'll be good to have a group with babies all about the same age :) We can help each other through parenthood the same way we do through pregnancy.

I hope Mummy is doing ok, too. Hopefully she's too busy bonding with the new little one to post.

I've had things so easy so far, I've just been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think it's finally dropped. This past week, I've been dealing with lots of round ligament pain (just a tip - do not run for the bus, not even just a few feet), and my back aches after just an hour or two of casual walking or standing. I did an easy mall trip today (tried on a few bras at one place, a quick and easy return at another, sat down for lunch for 40 minutes, then did a quick Target run), and it almost killed me. My poor back. Kind of afraid of where it'll go from here if this is the beginning of the third trimester. And of course it couldn't wait just a few more days so I could get through hosting Christmas.

I plan on keeping up with the thread. Since I'll be a at home mom for awhile it will be nice to see how everyone is doing and to get advice on teething, feeding solids, potty training, etc.

MrsK: sorry to hear about the round ligament pain. Have you been wearing a belly band or support while you are out and about? I have been lucky as little one is mostly still near my normal center of gravity. I have a bump but it's super close and round. It hasn't really started protruding yet. I figure once that happens, long walks are out and swimming will be the new in.

So I have super large hips, and always had issues with underwear. Now that I am pregnant, and spreading like a tollhouse cookie, I am finding it harder and harder to buy new underwear. The main problem is I can't stand wearing briefs or high cuts. I wear bikini cut because it won't put pressure on my belly. Today while at Walmart I searched and searched for bikini cut in size 10 or 11. I've grown out of my size 9's. All I could find were old lady panties-briefs. =( DH suggested I wear mens boxers and just roll them down but the issue is with what will I wear after giving birth. I mean it has to be able to hold a feminine pad and such. What a headache. Anyhow, I settled with a pair of "modern briefs". Hoping they don't put too much pressure on my belly. Baby will kick and kick and kick at whatever is touching my bump and It feels like I am bruised afterwards.:dohh:

You might find something that fits at Lane Bryant. They have a good range of sizes and styles, though they're not cheap.

I have a support belt, but do I remember to wear it? Of course not. I need to put it on tomorrow and see if it helps. The ligament pain has eased off again, but my lower back hurts. I'm definitely feeling whiny! This is what I get for skipping the morning sickness... At least my rings fit again. I guess last night was just a fluke.

Maybe growing pains MrsK. They are in a growth spurt right now. Your belts expanding faster than ligaments can catch up!

Yay!!!! Ok so we just left the doctor and saw out little guy again and my heart feels like it grew 20 sizes kind of like the grinch at the of the movie :):):):)

Doc said everything looks great. He was moving around a lot. His legs are practically in his mouth lol.

51st percentile for weight. Looks more like March 29th may be the date but doc is sticking with 31st for now. He's 2 lbs so far.

Here he is :):):):):):)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
Aw! GF, what a cutie! So glad all is well in there :) did the dr say if your wife has an anterior placenta or any reason for not feeling much yet?

Mommasquirrel-I'm glad to hear someone else is looking at doing massage to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->