2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital, ladybrown! I hope you're feeling better now.

I survived the last prep day! We're only just now getting the tree up! I think the decoration will be pretty simple this year ;) Looking forward to a fun Christmas, followed by sleeping for at least three days.

Merry Christmas.
We have opened presents at our house and the turkey that we have to take over to my parents house later is in the oven. The dogs enjoyed helping us open things and playing with the wrapping paper and boxes. I told husband that next year they are going to have competition with baby of who gets to play with the paper.
I hope everyone has a great day, whether you are celebrating or not!

Merry Christmas! I got a Snoogle! And silly headphones that stick to my belly to play music for the baby. And some other non-baby stuff, too. Wish I could go test that Snoogle right now!

MrsK: You're going to love the snoogle. Mine has been a life saver along with the pile of pillows that cocoon me each night.

bucherworm: Looking forward to pics of the dogs playing with the paper if you have any?

Frenchie: how's everything? hoping you get some rest with the family visiting and all. Also hoping your little girl is having a blast opening gifts.

Ladybrown: Glad you found a good OB. It took me a bit to warm up to mine after I moved from Washington to Florida but now I wouldn't trade him in for anything. Also the first Mallow was born, mummy3 has a post a few pages back with details. She is so tiny and perfect. Also, I'm keeping you in my prayers that you won't need to have another hospital stay anytime soon.

Missfrick: sounds like you have a little chunkers on your hands. =) Also, how did you get a prescription for massage? I want one. lol, if only insurance would pay for it of course. Also, what did your doctor say about the hip pain? Sounds like it hurts like hell. I had sciatic pain a few weeks back but thank goodness it went away. I really think it was where my uterus was placed and baby loved to just hit a certain area each day.

Here's a picture of my third trimester update: I can't believe how chubby I'm looking but I really don't mind since my belly is gorgeous. =) Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Attachments

• 27 Weeks.jpg
    27 Weeks.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
Mommasquirrel: I literally just asked for the prescription. I said I've been having sciatic pain (as well as some other pains, round ligament as well as something that seems to be stemming from my bladder or kidneys) and she said "no problem" and wrote it. Apparently it's a common prescription my OB's office writes often. My insurance covers a certain amount of $ per 12 month period for massage.

Yes, Mommasquirrel, we've been having a great time. DD won't actually tear wrapping paper, but is definitely interested in what's inside. I'm glad that she accepts grandma reading her favorite books to her - that's the biggest break for me. I think her ideal would be someone reading to her 24/7.

The only negative thing since my parents have been here is her new party trick: she goes on the potty for all her #1's, but when we put a diaper on her for nap time, she waits until we put her down and then poops. Then she patiently waits for us to come change her, then refuses to nap. She used to be a great napper. I gave her some prunes to see if she'll go more easily in the potty.

I hope everyone was spoiled by their loved ones. That's the best gift of all!

Nice bump pic, Squirrel! I was too busy to take one yesterday, and I refuse to take my pajamas off today, so maybe tomorrow or Sunday I'll get one.

Glad your DD is getting some good grandma attention, Frenchie!

I'm taking today off from everything that isn't absolutely essential. The Snoogle really helped, but I still woke up a little achy, and then the dog threw up on the bed just to really give me a good start. Gross. I'm definitely ready for a day of rest. I really overdid it getting ready for Christmas. I think my probiotics may be solving my slight constipation a bit too effectively, too. Or maybe just all the rich food caught up with me. I'm feeling generally ok, so if I don't have any other digestive symptoms and the baby's movement is normal today, I'm not going to worry about it. I just wish I had a butler to fetch me water and snacks all day...

Hello and merry belated Christmas all!

Yes Frenchie and I had our Christmas miracle and each other's gifts arrived on Xmas eve! We could not have planned that!! Did everyone else's gift exchange go well?

Snoogles are the way forward mrs k! I will be struggling to give mine up that's for sure!

I definitely over did it in the run up as well and today am feeling very pale and tired. PJ day and the in-laws can fend for themselves!

Thanks for the updates on mummy3 guys - it's so great that you guys can visit! I'm so relieved her wee one is doing ok.

I worked out that it's 60 days today for me. That feels relatively manageable, but really is there any other choice?! Starting to find things tough as we get to the stage where our daughter died. The very thought of it happening again makes me feel physically sick. But each day passes and we get through it.

Anyway let's stay cheery! Have a restful day one and all and hope you are all lounging round in Christmas maternity PJs! :D

I'm so happy today. We went to Wal-mart for some after Christmas shopping. I found a ton of baby holiday outfits that were 50% off and unisex!! :thumbup: I also got a few ornaments and lights for next year. Then DH convinced me it would be awesome to go and play miniature golf and feed the gators. I was so exhausted halfway through and had a few BH contractions. Other than that, it was fun but next time we are definitely making a day of the golfing instead of shopping and then golfing.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Also, anyone noticing how fast the weeks are passing?

Sounds like fun! I love mini golf.

I'm still feeling a little crappy, I'm not sure if I've come down with a little bug or if this is my body's way of telling me to sit the hell down and do nothing for a couple days. Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

The time really is flying now! I can't believe I'm 30 weeks! When did that happen??

Yesterday! :haha: But seriously, I hope you aren't getting sick and just need another day or two of rest!

Hahaha! Good point.

Thanks, I hope I'm feeling better soon too. This whole stomach ache and slight nausea is totally unfamiliar to me. Aside from a few rare hangovers, I never get any kind of stomach upset. Not even in the first trimester. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Mommasquirrel it does seem that the weeks are flying by at this point hopefully it still feels that way in the last month

Thanks everyone baby and I are fine and should be able to continue full term, but now I have a cold I think that has to do with the dramatic change in weather

I love going to any small amusement parks. This one had a display full of different snakes, spiders, scorpions and baby gators. They even had 2 separate ponds with gators ranging from 12 inches up to almost 4 feet in length. So overall it was fun but I'd like to go back soon and just a day of it. I'm so glad DH agrees. He feels a little cheated since I won. :happydance:

MrsK and Ladybrown: I hope the two of you get to feeling better quickly. I thought I was coming down with a cold but after reading lots online and talking to my doctor I found that it was just a new pregnancy symptom. I have congestion and a cough. Since I have asthma it's just more apparent now.

Did anyone else have to get the Rhogam shot? just curious.

DrMum: my thoughts are with you and that these next few weeks can fly by without causing any additional anxiety. I can't imagine how hard it must be. I was dealing with similar issues when we were approaching 20 weeks but so glad that now it's past and I'm enjoying the pregnancy.

MrsK: I hope the queasiness passes. Could it have been from overdoing it with sweets during the holiday get together? I get really nauseated if I have too many cookies.

is anyone else still waking up in the middle of the night starving? I tried eating protein right before bedtime but it doesn't seem to work. I'm wondering if it could be yet another growth spurt. I swear if this child continues to grow at this rate I'm going to be huge!!:nope:

Last thing, What is everyone's plan for the new year? I have no idea what to expect here at the space coast in Florida but i am hoping there are some fireworks.:shrug:

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and continue to enjoy the festivities.

Time really is flying by!

Mummy3 she looks gorgeous, hope you're both doing well. xx

Officially 30 weeks now. Only 70 days to go. It is going really fast. I'm not ready for the pregnancy to be over yet. I'm nervous and excited to meet baby all at the same time.

I feel the same way, bucherwurm. It's exciting but scary!

I was improving by bedtime, and I think I'm back to normal today. I don't think I overdid it on sweets or anything, I must have caught a little bug or just overdid it so hard I was totally run down and my body said "screw you lady" and made me pay for it. It was very weird, nothing makes me sick to my stomach. Absolutely nothing. I'm taking another day off from anything not strictly necessary, because yesterday wasn't particularly restful.

The Snoogle is taking some getting used to. It's super comfy and cozy for the first half of the night, but I'm a major tosser and turner, so it can be tricky repositioning in the middle of the night. I'll get the hang of it soon, I hope. Even half a night of super cozy is better than spending the whole night miserable. My hips still hurt in the morning, but my back isn't killing me today.

I have a busy week coming up! Not as busy as last week, thankfully. Fondue with a couple friends on Monday, then on Tuesday it's a bowling party with the tutoring kids, and then a friend is throwing a low-key party on NYE. I bought a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne that will probably be horrible, but I'm planning on having one glass of the real stuff, too. Been looking forward to it for months :D We committed to making bacon buns for NYE (another Lithuanian dish to drive you guys crazy, they're bread rolls stuffed with a bacon and onion mixture), which is definitely an all day affair and a two man job, so hopefully I don't wear myself out too much bowling.

January is just full of classes and appointments and my shower on the 18th. It's gonna be nuts. And DH committed to a 2 week overnight petsitting job. He'll be home for dinner and to hang out most nights, but he'll be sleeping over at the dog's house. I'm not looking forward to it, but we could use the money for baby stuff, and I have a friend who can come stay with me for a couple days at a time if I get lonely, and I made sure that there was an emergency backup plan if I needed him home. I've done it before (he used to do a LOT of petsitting but cut way back this year), but not heavily pregnant.

That was more talking than I intended to do! I guess I'm feeling energetic after my sick day. Hope everyone is doing well and getting a little rest time after the holiday!

Being at the country house is definitely relaxing for me! Though we had no power most of the first day and we had to have a fire going for about 5 hours, so now I'm pretty congested from residual smoke and such.
I have given up with being concerned about weight gain... it's just not worth it for me anymore - I have warned DH that I didn't want to gain 10 lbs in the week we're on holidays, but I can only do what I can do. He got a huge bag of fresh in-shell nuts, and I've been going, well, nuts over them. At least it's healthy fats full of DHAs and omegas and stuff.
January is packed for me: prenatal classes, a hockey game, trip to Montreal, weekend away at Tremblant... then February is all getting ready for Squiggles and hoping she stays put until March... seriously I think she can come any time between Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day, and I was 2 weeks early. I can't believe I could have a baby in 6-8 weeks! Totally surreal to me, and time is slipping away so darn fast!

I actually feel like the last stretch is dragging, still 11 week to go (2 n half month) and although that's a good thing really because iv still not got myself a house at this rate il have no time to sort furniture etc for it lol and what's more scary is having about 2week to get my daughter registered for school and no idea where since iv no house.
This last week or two iv been havin probs getting comphy too and sometimes waking with a soar back, still no big belly yet lol I have to say tho the worst symptom at the moment is because baby is lying on my bladder and I still have this dam cough I find myself keep having oops moments and iv had to resort to wearing sanitary towels. Anyone any good tips to get rid of a chesty mucus cough?
On a plus note I gave in to this horrible heartburn and went to the docs which he's prescribed ranitidine so let's hope they work, only take two a day so they are not like the antacids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->