2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I had the constipation so bad with ds2, the worst part of the pregnancy I think! It got even worse after I delivered him, I didn't go for 10 days and tried everything! Dulcolax worked in the end but my gosh it was painful! 100% adamant not to let it happen this time, packing down the fibre and fluids, avoiding cheese completely (seems to bind things up) and if I feel the urge to go, I'm going!!!

I'm so glad I have some lactulose waitin in case it happens to me. I had it with my first and I was in so much pain I currled up in bed almost in tears lol that stuff is great helped me straight away.

I had it with my first too. I said to DH it was like a practice run for labour lol. Very painful.

This time I'm trying avoid it as much as possible!

ug! It's almost 2am here & I can't sleep. Hubby & I got into a fight when he got home tonight & now I'm too mad to go to sleep but I'm sure he's snoozing away. I'm also having awful hot flashes tonight, I usually like it hot in our house- around 74 , but now I've got the a/c blaring at 70! These hormones can be the pits. grrr...

Also I just noticed there have been 3 miscarriages in the forum so far? I'm so sorry to each of the momma's. That's heartbreaking! You all are in my thoughts & prayers! I can't imagine the feeling.

Just had my first ultrasound today @ 6wk 1 day. Saw little D with his beautiful heart beat of 118 bpm. Measuring in line with current EDD. Such a miracle!!:happydance:

Wow! :D

What are you telling about, constipation? I have the opposite problem and I'm used to take loperamide because of my IBS. Now I can't. :(

Also, today I woke up with pain in my back (when I inhale deeply) and I'm feeling a bit nauseuos. Yay...

I just got my second bloods results back and I am thrilled

HCG 88 - 665
Prog 234 - 289 (now off the chart!)

Doubling time 31hr. Tests were 3.5 days apart.

I am still to take one progesterone pessary at night until my OB returns and reviews the results on Monday.
Plus I have booked in my dating scan for 31st July when I should be around 8 weeks.

I feel so much more relieved now.

I just got my second bloods results back and I am thrilled

HCG 88 - 665
Prog 234 - 289 (now off the chart!)

Doubling time 31hr. Tests were 3.5 days apart.

I am still to take one progesterone pessary at night until my OB returns and reviews the results on Monday.
Plus I have booked in my dating scan for 31st July when I should be around 8 weeks.

I feel so much more relieved now.

Are they doing them earlier now or something I always remember first scan at 12week?

8 weeks is dating scan 12 weeks is the screening scan for Down's syndrome.

Or at least that's what they do here in the land Down Under

In the UK they do the dating and downs scan together at 12 wks

Im also from the UK. I'm fighting to get my dating scan at 8 weeks. I'm currently 5w 4d. I've had a previous m/c. I don't understand why they don't scan us earlier as it's much less worry if they do.

Yep we get 20 week scan and depending on size I will have a 34/36 week scan too.

Wow you are so lucky then we only get 2 scans in UK, one at 12 n other at 20weeks

Im also from the UK. I'm fighting to get my dating scan at 8 weeks. I'm currently 5w 4d. I've had a previous m/c. I don't understand why they don't scan us earlier as it's much less worry if they do.

We only get two scans in the uk, 12w dating scan with optional nt scan... and 20w anomaly scan with optional gender reveal (if position makes it possible)

If you've had problems in the past like ectopic or molar or 2+ miscarriages you will usually get an early scan via the early pregnancy unit at 6-8w as well xx

Hence the booming market for private scans in the uk!!

Here in Sweden we get a 10w scan, 11-13w Down's syndrome scan + 18w scan where gender can be revealed.

If you go to a private midwife, you can get a scan at 8w too.

Earlier than that only occurs if you have a health problem or suffered from multiple mc.

I'm an apple seed today!

At the airport now waiting for my flight to Orlando for two weeks. Was looking forward to it except I got to duty free and started dry heaving at the perfume. Apparently I went green! Looks like the next two weeks may be pergotary!

Aww haha I'm quite lookin forward to my holiday in October to Portugal, have a good time Lucy n don't miss us too much

Aww haha I'm quite lookin forward to my holiday in October to Portugal, have a good time Lucy n don't miss us too much

Oh, Portugal is my favourite place in the world! I have only been there once, but can't wait to go back! And have fun in Orlando, Lucy!

We only get two scans in the uk, 12w dating scan with optional nt scan... and 20w anomaly scan with optional gender reveal (if position makes it possible)

If you've had problems in the past like ectopic or molar or 2+ miscarriages you will usually get an early scan via the early pregnancy unit at 6-8w as well xx

Hence the booming market for private scans in the uk!!

It all depends on which city and province you are in in Canada. In New Brunswick they only get a 20 week ultrasound and nothing else unless there are complications. Here in Ontario, it's common to only have a 12 week and 20 week US, but my doctor's office does an 8 week ultrasound as well, and usually one at 34 weeks and then 40 weeks. So 8, 12, 20, 34 and 40.

twinkie2: Welcome!! Your avatar is so cute!!

dan-o: With my last pregnancy, I didn't have to suffer with constipation much, but after delivery I had a bout of it. Stool softeners were my saving grace. I can't imagine having to always deal with it. Ouch!!

Laska5: Hope you can patch things up with DH and get some sleep tonight!! I am the same way when we fight. I get so wound up and have racing thoughts!!

Foxycleopatra: that is great progression. Happy for you!!

kitten23: I feel for you and all the other ladies that have to wait. I know people have protocols and guidelines, but when there have been complications or previous losses, I don't understand myself why someone can't grant you the peace of mind to at least see that things are where they should be. Who wants an unpleasant surprise far into the pregnancy when they could have known early on? Not this gal!!

lucy1: Enjoy your trip as much as your body will allow you to!! Have a safe flight!!

AFM: Husband is home today so I am looking forward to maybe taking a nap. I don't know if I will be able to, but since he will be home to help with the baby, I have a better chance at snoozing. This afternoon I go back in for the second blood draw. Fx that I see a big jump!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->