2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Just had my first ultrasound today @ 6wk 1 day. Saw little D with his beautiful heart beat of 118 bpm. Measuring in line with current EDD. Such a miracle!!:happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 7
Welcome ladybrown33!!

chimama: What a beautiful sight!! Congrats!!

I told my brother and sister in law today. It feels good to have them in the loop. They're very excited :D I told them not to say anything to mom yet, and my brother's first question was what I'm going to do about alcohol at the family weekend trip we're taking in a couple weeks. He valiantly offered to drink my alcohol for me when she's not looking ;) They have a 9 month old, and SIL is already talking about all the things she wants to buy us.

That's amazing chimama! I can't wait to see that little heartbeat!

Mrs. K, that will be nice that your little one will be fairly close in age to his/her cousin!

Mrs. K, that will be nice that your little one will be fairly close in age to his/her cousin!

I'm really excited about it! All his cousins on SIL's side are much older - I think the youngest is 10 and the girls are in their teens.

Hello and congratulations to the new ladies! And also to those who got to see the heartbeat for the first time. :) I can't wait to get my first u/s. If I just get to see a nice strong heartbeat, it'll ease my anxiety so much.

Anyone else dealing with constipation? Yuck. :? I never had an issue with constipation in previous pregnancies. I'll try to look on the bright side - that it's a result of increasing progesterone, and high progesterone is a good thing. But it's still annoying. I was going to read my 4-year old her bedtime story, but she read the whole thing to herself while I was in the bathroom working on pooping! :wacko: (Sorry if that's TMI.)

The iron in my prenatal makes me constipated too, I try to avoid it in foods I eat, fortified cereal in particular, and I eat a lot of prunes and raisins, which I like so it's not too bad.

LOL NHKate, I definitely had the opposite of constipation today... Oh the things our body goes through...

I've been having some constipation trouble - that's a sign of high progesterone? That's good news to me because it seems to be one of my only symptoms....

I've been having some constipation trouble - that's a sign of high progesterone? That's good news to me because it seems to be one of my only symptoms....

According to babycenter.com regarding constipation, "One culprit is an increase in the hormone progesterone, which relaxes smooth muscles throughout the body, including the digestive tract. This means that food passes through the intestines more slowly." (And if it spends more time in the intestines, more water gets absorbed from it, making your poop harder, and harder to get out.) So yeah, I'm trying to remind myself that even if constipation isn't a good thing, at least it's a sign of a good thing. :haha:

Welcome mrsc, ladybrown and twinkie2, congrats on your bfps!

Just had my first ultrasound today @ 6wk 1 day. Saw little D with his beautiful heart beat of 118 bpm. Measuring in line with current EDD. Such a miracle!!:happydance:

Congrats hun!! Our first heartbeat, so precious! <3

Thats awesome Chimama! It never ceases to amaze me how early there little hearts start beating, I can't wait for my first one in a couple weeks!

For everyone having constipation problems, try a small cup of coffee (while preggo you can have 200mcg & a cup has 135mcg or just get decaf). Coffee is an awesome natural laxative! Works for me! hah- sorry if tmi! :)

Tonight for my job I had to work a little over 2 hours outside in 98 degree heat & humidty. I'm now incredibly exhausted & my body aches all over!

Here I am (finally)! Due March 14th.

I did prenatal yoga during my first pregnancy. I downloaded a 50-minute routine from the yogadownload website. I think it was with an instructor named Liz Janda. It was really nice and low-intensity. We'll see if my toddler lets me get through 50 minutes of the TV on this time around!

Thank you, Frenchie!

Hi laska- yeah I used gas and air with my first delivery because my epidural didn't work! For me it worked really well- way better than the epidural but it made my lips soooo dry between contractions I was yelling for carmex!! You really have it suck it in though to work, little ladylike breaths do sod all! I would use it again, but after a c section a couple of months ago, it's too close to vbac so it's repeat c section for me which I'm ok with so long as I have a healthy baby.

Welcome all the new ladies, gosh we are really filling up! Romance was definitely in the air in June haha! :D

Thats awesome Chimama! It never ceases to amaze me how early there little hearts start beating, I can't wait for my first one in a couple weeks!

For everyone having constipation problems, try a small cup of coffee (while preggo you can have 200mcg & a cup has 135mcg or just get decaf). Coffee is an awesome natural laxative! Works for me! hah- sorry if tmi! :)

Tonight for my job I had to work a little over 2 hours outside in 98 degree heat & humidty. I'm now incredibly exhausted & my body aches all over!

I'm going to have to grab some decaf coffee! I've been having that problem and from what you ladies explained, it's because I'm on progesterone suppliments and my prenatals have extra iron in them! Lol

I haven't had any constipation problems so far, knock on wood, but coffee helps keep me regular in general. Dark coffee in the morning (dark roasts are less caffeinated, fyi, so probably better for pregnancy), plenty of veggies, and lots of water.

That's wonderful chimama! Such a beautiful & positive image to see xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->