2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

thanks mamatex!

wow- I'm loving the diversity of countries in this group! Australia, Sweden, Canada, UK- how awesome that we can all come together & share our pregnancy & birth stories over the next 9 month!! Anyone else from a different country? I'm from the US.

Mamatex, ditto on the stool softeners! Oh my goodness... the first time going to the bathroom after delivery might have been worse than the delivery itself!

Laska, so true about diversity! I love it :)

So has anyone thought of names yet, or have an inkling of the sex of your baby? I am convinced I am having another girl. We are big on long names with cutesie nicknames. My thoughts so far are:

Georgia Eleni (Georgie)
Penelope Eleni (Penny, Nelly, Lo or Lenny)
Nicoletta Alexandra (Edie maybe? Not a fan of Nicky)
And I love Sadie but can't think of a longer name.

Mamatex, ditto on the stool softeners! Oh my goodness... the first time going to the bathroom after delivery might have been worse than the delivery itself!

Laska, so true about diversity! I love it :)

So has anyone thought of names yet, or have an inkling of the sex of your baby? I am convinced I am having another girl. We are big on long names with cutesie nicknames. My thoughts so far are:

Georgia Eleni (Georgie)
Penelope Eleni (Penny, Nelly, Lo or Lenny)
Nicoletta Alexandra (Edie maybe? Not a fan of Nicky)

They are lovely names. I'm pretty sure il be having a girl as like 98% of our fam is girls, there's only two boys n that's 2.of my sister's kids. I not sure on names yet wouldn't it be awesome to be called Elsa lol

We both love the name Avenly for a girl & Aven for a boy! Still haven't decided on middle names yet! I love Renea for a middle name but it's also my husbands moms middle name (which is not necessarily why I love it). My husband seems to think we shouldn't use it because of that. :shrug:

I love the name Sadie too! Reminds me of one of my favorite movies- Funny Girl! & I like Elsa as well, so many great girls names out there! The Little Mermaid is my favorite disney movie & I tried Ariel with hubby & he ditched that one fast. :(

Boys seem to run in both sides of our families! In 13 years we've only had 2 girls on my side of the family! The last one was about 6 years ago. Every birth (I think about 6 or 7) between my siblings & cousins have all been boys except 2! On my husbands side there are 6 boys & 2 girls- his sister has all boys & his brother has 2 girls, his only cousin that has had children are boys as well. My husband already has a son from a previous marriage. So I'm kinda feeling like we'll break the boy trend but who really knows- we could very well contribute to it!

Elsa would be pretty nice right now! It's a cute name!

Avenly and Aven are adorable too!

Sadie is traditionally short for Sarah :) All those names are really cute.

We've wanted Valentine for a girl for years and years. I'm a little worried that the baby will be born in February, which would make Valentine a bit cheesy, though. I guess I ought to have a plan B girls name or figure out if it really bothers me.

For boys, he wants Vincent, after his grandfather. I'm ok with Vincent, but he barely knew his grandfather - he died when DH was very young. I'm not inclined to trust a 4 year old's judgement on whether he's worth naming after, so my condition on using that as a first name is that he has to talk to his uncle and mother about what kind of a guy he was beyond being a fun grandpa. We both really like Theodore, and I think that's my first choice for a boy right now. I'd let him use Vincent as a middle name without the extra questions, so I'm hoping he decides it's not worth it ;)

I feel like I'm having a girl, keep imagining us with a girl, we're only firm on a girl name, so I figure it's almost guaranteed we're having a boyo ;)

ug! It's almost 2am here & I can't sleep. Hubby & I got into a fight when he got home tonight & now I'm too mad to go to sleep but I'm sure he's snoozing away. I'm also having awful hot flashes tonight, I usually like it hot in our house- around 74 , but now I've got the a/c blaring at 70! These hormones can be the pits. grrr...

Also I just noticed there have been 3 miscarriages in the forum so far? I'm so sorry to each of the momma's. That's heartbreaking! You all are in my thoughts & prayers! I can't imagine the feeling.

That's awful about the miscarriages hope the ladies are ok - my heart goes out to them x

I think I'm having a boy. No reason behind that. I just think it is. We decided on a boys name long before we were trying. George, after dhs grandad. Not sure on a girls though.

Congratulations on a great scan chimama! Enjoy your holiday Lucy!

I've already forgot what everyone was talking about now lol..

Right, constipation :haha: I'm lucky in that I haven't had that at all. I do feel for you ladies going through it, I hope it all settles soon.

I didn't realise any of our members had sadly left us due to miscarriages. I'm so sorry to hear your news ladies, I do know what you're going through and I know that no words will make you feel any better about it so I'll just send :hugs:

Regarding previous labours, ds1 was a 12 hour back to back labour ending with 1 hour of pushing, laying on a hospital bed. I had gas & air and pethidine. I really didn't like the pethidine though as I felt like I missed ds1's first hour as I still felt drugged up on it! Ds2's labour was a lot better, mainly because he wasn't back to back! His labour was 5 hours with 10 minutes of pushing. I had just gas & air and his was a water birth in the birthing centre at the hospital. I'm obviously hoping for another birth like ds2's and fingers crossed I can get a birthing pool again, because it really was amazing!

Also, loving all the name choices ladies! I have absolutely no idea what we will name ours to be honest lol. Especially if it's a boy as there are so many boys in my family, most of the good names are taken already :haha:

Ladies - Thanks for the kind words on the scan. I had to jump on a flight almost immediately and didn't get a chance to respond. I've been traveling for the past 15 hours so exhausted right now and plan to repeat this again in the next four days to get back to the US.

Sorry to those who are having issues with constipation. For those taking iron, maybe take the liquid version which is not constipating.

We have had a boy name picked out for years. Cornelius Arthur.

As for girl names DH has been difficult cause he think we are going to have only boys...:haha:

We have had a boy name picked out for years. Cornelius Arthur.

As for girl names DH has been difficult cause he think we are going to have only boys...:haha:

Your DH sounds like mine! He can only imagine a house full of boys.

Wow this thread moves fast!

We have decided on tallen for a boy and laken for a girl!

No constipation here just the opposite!

I had a weird sharp pain on my right uterus maybe ovary in the middle of my sleep last night when o rolled over. It freaked me out everything i seem to find says round ligament pains? But isn't it too early with my first to have those?

Hello and congratulations to the new ladies! And also to those who got to see the heartbeat for the first time. :) I can't wait to get my first u/s. If I just get to see a nice strong heartbeat, it'll ease my anxiety so much.

Anyone else dealing with constipation? Yuck. :? I never had an issue with constipation in previous pregnancies. I'll try to look on the bright side - that it's a result of increasing progesterone, and high progesterone is a good thing. But it's still annoying. I was going to read my 4-year old her bedtime story, but she read the whole thing to herself while I was in the bathroom working on pooping! :wacko: (Sorry if that's TMI.)

I'm having this issue as well and it is beyond annoying but my sister insists that I should drink prune juice.

Ladies - I just realized why I am so broken out... no, it's not the "boy" hormones, or a "girl" stealing my beauty... I had to stop my acne medicine with the pregnancy... ugh I guess this is inevitable for the next 8 months...

Wow this thread does move fast!

I've got my first doctor's appointment tomorrow to let them know I'm pregnant. I'm still spotting so not sure if they'll offer me an early scan?

Good luck, Happenstance! Hopefully they will give you a scan if you're spotting. You should be able to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks!

Great names coming up.

I like James for a boy and Sophie for a girl - quite traditional. Hubby loves Hope which is fine but our surname begins with an H so not keen.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow happenstance.

I've got my first midwife appointment on fri.

Told my boss the other ay which I was dreading but she said she had an inkling!!!

Wow this thread does move fast!

I've got my first doctor's appointment tomorrow to let them know I'm pregnant. I'm still spotting so not sure if they'll offer me an early scan?

Good luck! FX that you'll get an early scan. :flower:

I had my first midwife appointment today at 5w6d. We talked about my health and things like that and booked a scan/an appointment when I'm 10w1d. So excited! I want time to go by much quicker. I want to see my baby! :happydance:
And I got a free book regarding pregnancy, labour, breastfeeding amongst other things from her. Yay!

Im caving and joining this group :)

Im due to have baby number 2 on March 8. Ill have to play catch up on this thread tonight!
How do i copy your signatures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->