2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I had an epidural with my first delivery. I ended up being induced and the pain was unbearable so fast! I didn't have a birth plan at all. My goal was just to have a healthy baby.... I have no regrets with the delivery! If my labour starts naturally, I may try gas, but we'll see.

And my first scan is August 1st. Can't wait!

I had a water birth with gas and air only last time and hoping to do the same this time as I had a really positive experience.

I was never this nauseous with my first two this early. Everything tastes bad, smells bad, I haven't thrown up but I just don't want to eat anything. Is anyone having similar symptoms?

Im the total opposite, everything smells amazing and i want to eat EVERYTHING. I literally just went for a jog, ran past a pizzahut and could not stop myself going in and ordering a pizza. So bad! Well at least i ran 3 mile to get there!

That is hilarious! Kudos to you for running 3 miles! I've been going through phases of hating every smell & loosing my appetite & then I'll want to eat everything (except eggs, I can't stand eggs right now for some reason)

Today we toured our local birthing center & we decided to use that option and made an appointment for our first scan on August 4th (which could change depending on hubbys work schedule which has still not come out for August!!) I'm most excited about hubby getting to help catch the baby during the delivery- he's always wanted to do that so I can't wait for that moment!

So who has used nitrous oxide during their labor in the past? This is new to me, I read that it's more common in Europe - so maybe others on here have had more experience with it? Was it worth it?

With my one and only child I had nothing, no gas or anything. I'm lookin forward to it this time giving birth I told oh couple month back I want home birth he was fine with it so yipee I wanted home birth with first but chickened out as met the 2nd midwife and she didn't come across very confident so didn't incase it was her on duty that night. Sounds stupid don't it lol

Wow, you guys are brave :) We had some complications last time so I won't attempt a home birth, but I think it would be nice!

Do any of you watch 'Call the Midwife'!?

Yep I watched Call The Midwife when it was on, loved it!

I was never this nauseous with my first two this early. Everything tastes bad, smells bad, I haven't thrown up but I just don't want to eat anything. Is anyone having similar symptoms?

Im the total opposite, everything smells amazing and i want to eat EVERYTHING. I literally just went for a jog, ran past a pizzahut and could not stop myself going in and ordering a pizza. So bad! Well at least i ran 3 mile to get there!

That is hilarious! Kudos to you for running 3 miles! I've been going through phases of hating every smell & loosing my appetite & then I'll want to eat everything (except eggs, I can't stand eggs right now for some reason)

Today we toured our local birthing center & we decided to use that option and made an appointment for our first scan on August 4th (which could change depending on hubbys work schedule which has still not come out for August!!) I'm most excited about hubby getting to help catch the baby during the delivery- he's always wanted to do that so I can't wait for that moment!

So who has used nitrous oxide during their labor in the past? This is new to me, I read that it's more common in Europe - so maybe others on here have had more experience with it? Was it worth it?

Wow I didnt realise that the men were allowed to catch the baby? This is all so new!

Again i haven't got a clue about anything to do with the birth side of it, will hopefully see the midwife this weekend and get some info!

I'm due march 5th according to the date of my FET:) so very excited!!! Today food has become the be all and end all to everything - so hungry!!!!!!

Great to see all the other march due dates! Congrats ladies:)

My husband wanted to catch the baby too.... We never really got an answer, but because of the complications it wasn't an option at all. We will see if he asks again!

Welcome Lil Bean! We have the same due date :)

Thanks NellyLou -- looks like March 4 & 5 are the most popular due dates here!

I saw this group when it started but didnt have time to join as I was going on a 10 day vacation and now there is no way I can catch up on all the messages but its amazing that there are so many of us.

I started feeling really exhausted in the last few days. Also very vivid dreams - my first very vivid dream was that I got a bfp and how happy I & DH were and then it came true!! Now the vivid dreams have just gone into overdrive and I just want to sleep in peace!!

Also headaches which make me feel dizzy or the dizziness which gives me headaches I dont know -- is anyone feeling this? Its just there for several hours a day...not fun!

Besides that I am still looking for a OBGYN so dont even have a appointment yet but hopefully soon this week!

I had an epidural with my first delivery. I ended up being induced and the pain was unbearable so fast! I didn't have a birth plan at all. My goal was just to have a healthy baby.... I have no regrets with the delivery! If my labour starts naturally, I may try gas, but we'll see.

And my first scan is August 1st. Can't wait!

My first scan is the same day! I am really excited to see baby!

I am glad that I haven't had any food aversions or nausea/MS yet. But man am I hungry all.the.time! And veggies! I may have spent like $100 yesterday on mostly fruit and veggies when I did some grocery shopping on my way home from work. DH just laughed at me when he was putting them away (while I went pee AGAIN)...

Wow, you guys are brave :) We had some complications last time so I won't attempt a home birth, but I think it would be nice!

No but I like watching one born every minute

I'm seriously just trying not to let it get to me. I had a good cry, and my parents are also really supportive. Me and SO are good and that's all that I care about.

Wow I didnt realise that the men were allowed to catch the baby? This is all so new!

Again i haven't got a clue about anything to do with the birth side of it, will hopefully see the midwife this weekend and get some info!

I'm sure it depends on each facility & the situation of course! Hospitals wouldn't allow it for sure. But this is a natural birthing center & they are all about what mom wants! :)

Potential complications do make me nervous & I'm not naive about all of them- in fact working as a postpartum/nursery nurse for 4 years- I've seen just about every nightmare there is. BUT I'm more confident in going the natural route vs. the modern medicine route which has a higher c-section rate. Most of the doctors I've ever worked with in the hospital were just worried about getting their patients in & out the door the quickest way possible which is why so many of them rush quickly to calling a labor 'failure to progress' & do a csection when it's most likely not necessary or break someone's water at 37 weeks to induce or a slew of other reasons! There was even doctors who would slow down pitocin so the mom wouldn't progress as fast & he could go make his dinner plans - I heard the doc use the excuse that there was a state csection to the mom (which had been MUCH earlier that day) Ug!! Seeing so many situations like these have really turned me off to OBGYN docs & the hospital. I like the fact that the staff at the birthing center is able to intubate the baby, that is really reassuring!

I love Call the Midwife. It's not all on Netflix yet, and I'm not caught up on the episodes that are only online, though. I first heard about it in a thread here, I think. I watched it mostly when DH wasn't home because he wasn't interested, but he came home mid-episode one day and got kind of sucked in. I bet I can talk him into watching it all soon.

Evening all, according to the NHS due date calculator im 4 weeks gone with a d/d of 12 march 2015. Fingers crossed!

Haha there is no way my DH would catch the baby, he'd pass out from all the ick down there. I'd personally like to have a water birth, but I doubt my insurance will allow for that.

seriously having a hard time keeping my eyes open! I'm SOOOO tired ALLLL of the time. I wake up tired, I nap and wake up tired, I'm just tired!!!

HELP ME!

Hello everyone I just had my first doctors appointment and was given a due date of March 1, though I expect it will change with the first ultrasound next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->