2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Hi girls. Sorry I don't often post. I just don't know how you all find the time! Anyway I do read your posts a couple of times a week even if I don't post. I see there had been some talk about raspberry leaf tea. I bought some the other day. But midwife said don't start drinking it yet. She recommends waiting till 38 weeks. Has anyone packed there hospital bag yet? I haven't. But I'm staring to think I should just incase baby comes early. What exactly do I need? Just finalised my maternity leave with work last week. My last day will be 13th feb. So I'll be 37w1d. On count down now. Looking forward to 9 months out of there!

Just thought I'd mention my little boy is also still breech. Did they tell you to do anything to try to turn him? My midwife didn't seem concerned at all and just said it might have turned by my next appointment which is at 34 weeks. But a friend was telling me one of her friends was given exercises to do to try to turn it.

Wow everyone has been very busy posting! that was a lot to catch up on, and a lot of helpful information. It is a shame that my baby brain was not able to absorb all of it. I picked up on the fruit tip though, thanks! I will try to remember that one at least, as well as, getting pads which aren't always brand. I also hate pads because they make me feel yucky!! Nevermind, it will all be worth it.

bucherwurm, pleased to hear your 3d scan went well, and she was still a she aha :)

Glad everyone else had good things to report from their appointments. I had my 28 week appointment at 29 weeks yesterday (due to the Christmas period). I remembered to ask the midwife if I could record the baby's HB on my phone-so pleased I did!! it was 146bpm. Had my bump measured for the first time- 27 cm so a little out, but I'm only just 29weeks and midwife said 3cm either side is fine! I did come over dizzy and queasy when she took my bloods though? strange as I'm a blood donor and am usually fine, but maybe it was because it was 9am.

Just thought I'd mention my little boy is also still breech. Did they tell you to do anything to try to turn him? My midwife didn't seem concerned at all and just said it might have turned by my next appointment which is at 34 weeks. But a friend was telling me one of her friends was given exercises to do to try to turn it.

Hi Molly - I went to my prepared childbirth class this past weekend and the nurse said that babies can move around all the way till you get into labor. Not always but they can - so if they havent moved into the head down position...dont worry because they still can till the last day. And if they have moved into head down position...they will still move around. I know I feel her moving around quite a bit so we will just see what happens.

Thanks for the welcome backs! I didn't go anywhere warm... Just Kitchener-Waterloo lol. It definitely was NOT warm there!

All the PP talk makes me giggle a little because I remember being in that position. If you have stitches, the squirt bottle is AMAZING! As for pooping, I had a hard time with that. Because I had a third degree tear, they automatically put me on stool softeners.... they didn't do anything to soften anything! Seriously like giving birth again. But my doc told me to try something else (can't remember what it was called) and it worked perfectly. I didn't have trouble after I switched to that.

I had my 32 week appointment today. Everything looks good, but I haven't gained anything at my last three appointments. I've gained 22lbs so far, and was gaining 4 lbs a week steadily until a month ago. Doc isn't concerned though.

I hope you're all doing well!

Hi Molly - I went to my prepared childbirth class this past weekend and the nurse said that babies can move around all the way till you get into labor. Not always but they can - so if they havent moved into the head down position...dont worry because they still can till the last day. And if they have moved into head down position...they will still move around. I know I feel her moving around quite a bit so we will just see what happens.

Thanks for replying. That's reassuring. I guess I'll just have to wait and see then. I've still got 8 weeks so plenty of time really and like yours it does move about quite a lot

I've heard really good things about Spinning Babies for getting them head down. There's a website with exercises. I was starting to think I'd have to try it, but he was head down on Tuesday finally. If he doesn't stay there (he's kind of a wiggler), I'll give it a shot.

I'm trying the pro-biotic the midwife recommended to help with mild constipation again, after talking to her about it. She suggested a smaller dose this time, and if it makes me sick again, I'm supposed to stop instead of giving it the typical two week trial period. I know Colace hasn't done anything terrible to me, and she said it's safe to take, so if this second go at the pro-biotics doesn't help with the constipation, I'll just stick to Colace. I like to try the more "natural" approaches first, but sometimes they just don't work. I have a few days of not having to go anywhere, so it's a good time to give it a shot.

I'm looking at going to Mommy-Con when it comes to Chicago. It's a big convention for natural parenting, and I really want to go, but I'll be 38+2 when it's here. Ugh. Everyone I've talked to said that there are plenty of resting spots, and it seems like if any convention would be accommodating of a massively pregnant woman, this one would. I just have to find someone to join me since DH will be working.

DH has an overnight job for the next week or so, and one of my friends is coming to stay for at least a few of the nights when he's gone. I think she's more worried about me being alone than I am - he'll still be in the city and not too far away, so as long as I can get him on the phone, he'll be accessible. I think I'll take advantage of the time with her to make up some freezer meals. I'm thinking casseroles and some pre-prepped stuff for the crockpot. Anyone have favorite recipes? I've heard there are some foods it's best to avoid in large doses while breastfeeding because they can disagree with baby. I hope I don't really have to give up garlic...

Each baby is so different. I've heard of the most random things babies don't like their moms to eat - like onion powder which is in everything, milk is common, garlic and spicy things. Don't worry about it though until you notice that there is an issue. they are just so unpredictable.... it really would be nice if each baby came with a manual!

MissFrick, I just saw on a local FB mommy group that there is a local gelato place in Old Ottawa South that makes a special labour inducing gelato! If we go over our due dates, we may have to plan to go there :)

https://www.slgelato.com/

You have to call in advance so that she can prepare it though apparently.

Labor inducing gelato? I have to check this out. All of the food I've heard of inducing labor just don't sound like they'd work in gelato (eggplant parmesan gelato, anyone?).

I spy on the February thread so I can get an idea of what's in store for me, since I'm due so early in March. One of the ladies there mentioned that she's allergic to wool and can't use lanolin nipple cream. That never even occurred to me! Has anyone had a problem? I'm not super allergic to wool, but it makes me itchy even in small amounts (like the 12% wool sweater that's so warm and good otherwise). I have to do some research...

MrsK, you can just express some milk and that works the best anyway! I am mildly allergic to wool and didn't have a problem with lanolin though, although I barely needed it anyway.

Apparently this gelato is Rich Chocolate with Cinnamon & Hot Chillies. Not really a flavour I would go for, but I would probably do anything after a few days past my due date lol.

I bet that's tasty, actually. It's getting to be a popular combination, maybe I'll see if I can find some here if Teddy takes his time! I don't want him coming early, but I'd prefer he not overstay his welcome either!

Pineapple & grapes are supposed labor starters too. Lol

We rent our basement out to a friend of ours, and he's doing the shoveling for me while DH has his overnight job. I offered to make him a cup of cocoa after he shoveled, and he brought up his own cocoa - chocolate with chilis and cinnamon. I opted for Swiss Miss, just in case ;) Now I know who to call at 41 weeks!

Endocrinologist appt went well. No insulin injections for now! hooray:happydance::happydance:
Attended a new parents course and it was so informative. DH got a lot of good info as well. We even met with the pediatrician for our neighborhood. He talked about poop, puke and eye goop. It was amazing how much information he had. I'm happy that I can go to him once baby is born. He has a great sense of humor. I didn't know baby's poop changed in color so much and that if it ever comes out white or red to take the baby straight to the doctors. Also if baby has exorcist vomit after each meal to do the same.
We met with our neighborhood lactation consultant as well. Overall it was a good class. So glad we went. Looking forward to the birthing class next week.:thumbup:
Hope everyone is doing well.
As for getting baby to turn there are a lot of things online including using a birthing ball while you are on all fours as well as doing downward facing dog. If you can't get him/her to turn doctors can try to manually turn baby while in the office. There are also acupuncturists and clinical pregnancy massage therapists that can help.
Our little one has literally dropped into my pelvis. This is not supposed to happen until the last 2 weeks prior to labor. Feels so weird when I am walking and I pee so often.
The only craving I've had is for carbs!! lots and lots of carbs..french toast with syrup and fresh cream with fruit. I can't wait for our babymoon. Just another week and a half. :happydance:

Sounds like a wonderful class! Where's your babymoon going to be?

Another friend just posted about spicy cinnamon hot cocoa. It's like it's following me now!

I bought paint for the nursery today. A darker purplish pink and a lighter one. I need to do another coat of white on the ceiling and then it's serious painting time.
I wonder if my midwife will suggest raspberry tea. I don't like tea, so I think I will have to look up success stories to force myself to drink it.

I LOVE Mexican/Aztec hot chocolate (rich chocolate with cinnamon, chilis, etc) so I'm not sure that would put me into labor, lol, but let's make a date to go there if we go over anyhow, because weight gain stops counting after 40 weeks on the dot lol!
Wonder why you're not gaining weight, I'm steadily gaining still, just about at 35lbs at 32 weeks.

I really think that some women just gain and some just don't. And it varies through the pregnancy. I didn't gain anything in the first trimester despite eating absolutely everything, but now I'm gaining faster than I probably should, even though I'm eating less. And it's way more than just the baby and fluids would account for.

I wonder if there are raspberry leaf capsules or something. The Mother to Be tea is pretty tasty, but I guess if you don't like herbal teas, my opinion of tasty is irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->