2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Yep comes in capsules :)https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Raspberry-Leaves-Capsules/dp/B000AR8PXW

I'd probably research for a high quality one though! This was just the first one I found!

I love hot cocoa in any form: mint, raspberry, vanilla, peppermint, even the spicy mexican. Maybe I'll have a cheat day around 38 weeks. We're going up to stay at a comfy bed and breakfast. https://www.casacoquina.com/
I'm so excited for the food. I was given a thumbs up to feast by the Endo so I am happy.
I was told I may lose even more weight and it's perfectly healthy since baby will get what it needs. So far I have only gained a total of 25 pounds since we got pregnant. I was up to 30 then lost five from changing my diet. Maybe i'll gain it back after visiting the BnB, lol. :blush:
I just want to go to the spa and walk on the beach each night and well...eat some yummy breakfast food.

This baby has been in a transverse position in all of his ultrasounds and now he is fully breech so I think I may start trying some of these tips to get him in position. This little guy is difficult already.

I'm sure that after the pregnancy is over I'll appreciate such a little bit of weight gain more but as a first time mommy I'm concerned about everything maybe too much at times

Looks wonderful, MommaSquirrel! Enjoy the break.

I hope you can get the little dude to flip, LadyBrown. He still has plenty of time, but it can't hurt to do some exercises.

Anyone else have the separation of their abdominal muscles? Diastasis Recti? Whenever I go into a crunch position it's a round weird looking mound. I asked the doctor about it and he wasn't concerned and said he has special exercises to work on after birth but for now not to get up like i used to and instead roll to one side or the other so I won't do damage to any organs.

Oh that place looks amazing- enjoy the babymoon!
I love spicy cocoa! Really any cocoa .
About to head out to my parents' house (90min away) to go into Boston (additional hour) for my surgical meeting and u/s and it is nasty out with a fast moving snowstorm. I have to drive hilly back roads so I am stressed.

Hi Bookwrmgal - it is supposed to stop snowing in Boston very soon, so hopefully that leg of the journey won't be so bad. Safe driving!

Ah! I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to keep up, just one day and I was behind 3 or 4 pages =(

GL with the drive Bookwrmgal.

Momma I was reading about that the other day but I haven't experienced it.

Bucher have fun painting the nursery!

Ladybrown, I hope your little boy co-operates. He still has time, if you do get him to flip fingers crossed he doesn't flip back

I had my first appointment (after being released from the MFM clinic) with my OB yesterday. Everything is still looking good, though the clinic hadn't sent over any of my blood work so they are trying to get copies- otherwise I may have to get some test redone. I got a bunch of free samples (DH was excited) and the best part, I booked my section! March 13th, unless of course I go into labour sooner. :happydance:

Ah! I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to keep up, just one day and I was behind 3 or 4 pages =(

GL with the drive Bookwrmgal.

Momma I was reading about that the other day but I haven't experienced it.

Bucher have fun painting the nursery!

Ladybrown, I hope your little boy co-operates. He still has time, if you do get him to flip fingers crossed he doesn't flip back

I had my first appointment (after being released from the MFM clinic) with my OB yesterday. Everything is still looking good, though the clinic hadn't sent over any of my blood work so they are trying to get copies- otherwise I may have to get some test redone. I got a bunch of free samples (DH was excited) and the best part, I booked my section! March 13th, unless of course I go into labour sooner. :happydance:

yay for having ur section booked :p is that wen men in white coats come hehehe

I can't wait for next weekend to happen. I am hoping this week goes by super fast. Any ultrasounds this week? Frenchie: when is your amnio scheduled? Or did you have it already. Sending positive vibes your way.

My new changing bag arrived this morning! I'm very excited! :happydance:

I've also made a start on washing some baby clothes, so far I've only washed and dried the ones that I'll be taking to the hospital with me so that I can pack my hospital bag. I now have the urge to wash and dry all of her clothes now though, even though it seems early to do that. I can't make up my mind about it! When will everyone be washing baby clothes? If in fact you are washing them before use at all that is!

I need to go pick up some baby laundry detergent so that I can get washing some clothes. I think I'm going to go ahead and wash everything he'd wear in the first month or so. With DD I only bought one jug of the special baby detergent, then when it was finished I washed her clothes with the regular stuff.

I had my MRI this afternoon, and the brain structure that they wanted to monitor went back to a normal size and is now symmetrical with the other hemisphere. So no need for an amnio! DH and I (especially DH!) are relieved, and now I can go to my 3rd trimester scan on Monday and get a good look at something other than LO's brain!

In case any of you were wondering, I live nowhere near Paris, but my in-laws live right next to where some hostages were taken today. France definitely needs prayers and support as we try to stay positive, united and have an appropriate reaction with the large Muslim community in most big cities in France. God save France.

Bookwrm, I hope the drive wasn't too bad. We had some nasty weather here yesterday, too.

Foosh, is it exciting knowing exactly when baby's coming? It's kind of weird knowing there's such a huge event happening here, and I have no idea when.

My next ultrasound is Tuesday, to check up on his short femurs. I'm still guessing that it's just a matter of short papa making short babies, but I'm getting a little nervous again as it gets closer.

We need to do some painting in the baby's room, then we can move the dresser we have waiting in there. Once the dresser is in place, I can start washing! Almost all my tiny newborn stuff is secondhand anyway, so no point in waiting to see if he's small enough to wear it. A lot of my 0-3 is also hand me downs, but even if it was new, it's very unlikely that he won't fit that size long enough to use it all.

Frenchie, the situation in Paris is just terrible. I'm glad you and your in laws are safe.

Frenchie - Really glad you avoided amnio and everything looks good!

Bookwrm - have a safe drive

AFM: I think I am really behind on being prepared for this baby! I am still searching for a diaper bag. I ordered a skip& hop bag but it had a polyester exterior and I really want leather or regular handbag/purse exterior. Any good suggestions for that? I noticed majority of the diaper bags are polyester or wipe-able material.

We are going to decide on a dresser this weekend. We are going to Ikea and will most likely get a 8 drawer dresser (it felt a bit too big but I feel that she will be able to use it for long but then its big...cant decide) and the other option is a 3 drawer dresser.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10239280/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40159837/

Also for whoever here has a good idea about this - how many diapers I should buy? There are so many things to consider - whether the baby will like the brand, how quickly the baby grows out of a particular size....if you do have a good idea of how much to have on hand before the baby comes...please indicate the quantity per pack

I guess we have all started nesting!

I don't have a diaper bag, yet. I put one on the registry (which is also doubling as my own list), so I don't know if anyone will get it or not. It would be a good idea to have a different bag ready to go just in case I don't actually get one in time.
I'm busy painting today. I got the ceiling finished and I painted the door. It was a really weird orange-y colour, and now it's just white. Might be a little streaky, but it's a lot better! I also took down our inside Christmas decorations, including the tree. I don't know when we will get the outside ones done, because we just keep getting snow!
I have a midwife appointment next week, so hopefully the weather will behave for that. It's at 10, so it will at least be light outside.

I love Hemnes. That's the dresser I really wanted for the baby's room, but it made more sense to use the extra dresser that was already kicking around the house wasting space. I'd go for a bigger dresser if there's space for it, since she'll be able to use it forever. Why buy a tiny dresser just to have to upgrade in a few years?

I bought a diaper bag way back in first trimester. I was avoiding most unless they were wipe-able. If you still haven't picked one by the time baby arrives, I'd say use a backpack if you already have one. it's great and easy to carry around.
As for diapers, I hear newborns go through 8-12/day and sometimes even more. If you're getting disposables Make sure you have at least a weeks worth on hand. If baby shows irritation/rash you can change brands without wasting a ton of money. Either that or get a months worth, keep the receipt and exchange them. But seriously, I'd hate waiting in a line to return something with a newborn. Personally, I'm using cloth diapers and making my own wipe solution to avoid the rashes. I'm allergic to latex so I am sure baby will have sensitive skin. If not, I'm still going to save loads of money by using cloth.
bookwrm: I hope the drive goes smoothly and you have a good time visiting with family.
lilfoosh: It must be super exciting to know exactly when little one will arrive. Is your OH getting more excited? I sat down looking at my calender and it occurred to me that our babies could potentially arrive in less than a month and be completely okay. a month!! DH had a huge grin when i sat here flabbergasted.
Loozle: I went ahead and washed as I got them. I have a small pile right now but I'm going to wait until February since they are all 9-12 months.
Frenchie: So happy to hear all is well with your baby. Also praying that everyone is safe over there. Glad you don't live near all the commotion.
As for the dresser, get the bigger one. You'll be surprised at how many clothes they end up having towards the end of the 2nd year.
I really need to motivate myself to start sewing again. Maybe I'll just bring some out and see if that will get me started.

Hopefully all goes well with this guy. I haven't bought a baby bag yet but I will within the next week or so.

In other news my sister has given birth to her seventh child this morning a beautiful baby girl at 36 weeks and baby is doing really well. Just thinking that could be me in five short weeks time to get ready for baby!

Great news on your MRI Frenchie! I'm so pleased for you! I was thinking about you when I was reading the news online earlier and most definitely am thinking of France over the next few days.

It's nice to hear of some nesting! Our extended family visit ended today so we have the house to ourselves again and I can maybe start thinking of doing some baby stuff.

As far as upcoming scans, I think I have my share and everyone else's! I have weekly NST and BPP and Appt with OB from now until delivery. We did discuss an amnio at 37 weeks to check for lung maturity and then delivery if lungs are all good. Otherwise the OR is booked for 38+5 but I really really don't want to go into spontaneous labour before then, as it's less than 12 months since my last c section and high risk for rupture especially with my huuuuge baby! So I'm hoping it all works out!

My friend had an 11lb4oz baby last week! Yikes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->