2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Good to hear it all went well :D hopefully no need to be delivered early.

I feel a bit more relaxed as I just ordered 2 boxes of nappies while they are on offer £15 and that's until March so I'm gonna try buy a few boxes before it goes :D plus I bought some essential stuff like bubble bath, shampoo etc and bedding so now I just need some milk formula and towels I think :D
ordered myself a gold memory foam mattress today too which will arrive Thursday, can't wait. Role on a decent nights sleep? Hehe

Had mat pics today and my shower is Saturday! Can't wait, I feel like baby arriving is finally seeming so much more real! DH and completely cleaned and set up the little we have in the nursery, will plan on filling in the rest of our needs after the shower :)

I loved looking at the pics you gals posted! We're such good looking broads! :flower:

MrsK- I'm glad you got a better sense of where you and the baby are at from the Dr. It's so scary when you don't have enough solid info to wrap your mind around what's going on so you can formulate a plan. It sounds like you had a lovely shower as well- so seems like your week is going great :thumbup:

missfrick- ugh! that infection sounds like no fun at all. I hope it clears up quickly!

We're planning on doing a hybrid cloth/disposables for our diapering situation (disposables overnight and when we go visiting). I have been advised by a few friends to not bother cloth until at least after the cord falls off. That reminds me, I have to place my Alva order through my FB co-op before the buy closes. It's a good deal and the quality is good. And they have a cute Harry Potter one I want to buy!

My shower is the 31st and another on Feb 8 but MIL hasn't mailed those invites out yet. Grr!

Busy day for me tomorrow with the ultrasound, OB appt, and then diabetes class. Lots of driving around the Hartford suburbs and paying to park but it sure beats having to make the drive on separate days! Then I absolutely plan on putting my feet up and relaxing. Both hips have been bothering me quite a bit so finding a local chiro who handles pregnant clients is also on my list of things to do tomorrow.
Oh and my crib is supposed to arrive this week so I really need to amp up my nesting to make room for it lol

Aww, I bet the Harry Potter diaper is adorable. Cloth diapers are so cute, aren't they?

Good luck with all the appointments tomorrow. It sounds exhausting.

Great appointment mrsk! Good luck tomorrow bookwrm! You and I are Wednesday BPP buddies!

I keep forgetting to ask, anyone heard any updates from mummy3? I know she mainly updates FB nowadays and I'm not on FB anymore so just wondered how she's doing?

Back off to the OB tomorrow too for NST, BPP and appt. Feeling a lot more settled about these last few weeks now I'm over the stage where our daughter died. Starting to actually think about having a baby at home with us and how NOT organised I am :haha:

I absolutely second what others have said about cloth diapers in the early days. I found even with huge babies they are way too big and very prone to leakage, which in the beginning all the liquid poop which seems to get everywhere was far too much hassle. This time I plan to use huggies for the first few months, then switch to my cloth stash.

She hasn't updated, but she's liked a few comments, so she's been around. Hopefully she's doing well.

Glad you're feeling more settled! I hear you on being unorganized! I finally at least ordered a bassinet and carseat so we're not totally unprepared! We can't agree on a paint color because I think his teals are too blue and he thinks mine are too green. I'm not madly in love with his bluey teal, but at this point I'd really like the painting finished even if it means compromising on colors, but he seems to think we'll find something we'll both like somehow...

I'm not having a shower.....

At my u/s today baby is now head down so yay!!!!
The OB says she is going to induce labor at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure and diabetes. So if I don't go into labor on my own before then it's definitely going to be February 26th when my labor begins which gives me five weeks to wait and suddenly I feel like I need to have everything prepared for his arrival.

Baby is now 4lbs 13oz and amniotic fluid was high normal but normal is fine with me and doc said not to worry, I'm excited!!!

Wow, it's shocking me that we are far enough along that some of you will be having your babies in just 4 weeks!!!! Excited for the bump pics to turn into baby pics :)

Oh yeah, I never did cloth diapers overnight either. My LO woke up way too often already, I didn't want to worry about her waking up because of a diaper leak haha.

I'm glad you're feeling better DrMum!

It's crazy that we're getting so close to babies! I'm only 4 weeks away from "early term." Yikes.

No wait, isn't 37 weeks considered full term? That's only 3 weeks away!

It depends who you ask. I guess the latest thing is pre-term up to 37 weeks, early term up to 39, I think, then you're full term from 39-41, and then you're late term for a week, and post-term after 42 weeks. They just wanted to get a little more specific since it's still best to wait til you're 39 weeks if there isn't some health issue that would make early delivery the best bet. https://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/New...13/Ob-Gyns-Redefine-Meaning-of-Term-Pregnancy

We ordered our crib today because my SIL texted me with a deal I couldn't refuse ($350 crib for $250!). Maybe we'll be ready for a baby in time after all. Besides diapers (and diapering accessories) and a couple little bits and pieces, I think we have all the bare essentials now.

Wait, I just looked at your post again, and you're right, I did bad math. AAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

3 weeks is nuts! Yeah, I googled full term and they changed the weeks! Makes sense though. I thought it was funny to be full term for 3 weeks before your due date.

good deal on the crib!

Ok, I'm really riding DH's ass about choosing a nursery paint color now! I thought 6 weeks was scary enough...

Ok, I'm really riding DH's ass about choosing a nursery paint color now! I thought 6 weeks was scary enough...

Hey if u think that's scarey then that's nothing compared to still not having a house :p can u imagine havin to sort a whole house hehe :D

Oh god, no. We bought a house and moved about 5 months before our wedding (held at the house), and that was panic enough for a lifetime.

This nursery color thing is making me crazy. We both claim to want teal, but the ones he likes are really blue, and the ones I like are more green, and we can't seem to meet in the middle. I'm at the point where I just want it painted already, even if I have to compromise on color, but he seems to think we can find one we agree on. I'm going to insist that we at least prime this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->