2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Nelly, at my last appointment I asked him... our babes can come anywhere from 3 weeks early to two weeks late... so 3-8 weeks from now!!!

MrsK - you can just mix his teal blue and your teal green and paint the room with that color. That should be a happy medium, right?

I considered it. He seems really stuck on this blue. I don't think I'd even call it teal! I mean, seriously, does the color on the right look teal to you? Every time I show him something with a little more green he hates it. I should have married one of those stereotypical guys who couldn't care less about paint colors!

Attachments

• IMAG1742.jpg
    IMAG1742.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 7
Good appointments for me today. Scan estimates this tubster to be just over 6lb now at 34w so we're guesstimating 9-10lb by delivery at 38+5. Now I don't feel quite so bad about my 27lb gain given that a large percentage of that is baby!

26 days til I finish work, and 34 days til delivery! It's the home stretch!! Maybe I should do some freakin nursery stuff!!!

What a chunker! I wonder how accurate the guesses will be. Get on that nursery, maybe it'll shame me into doing something!

I know right! I thinking I better wash some 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes to take to the hosp as newborn size is looking doubtful!

No wonder my back hurts!

I just ordered a load of newborn huggies too so i hope we can at least fit those at first!!

DrMum so glad you had another good appointment!

I was just looking at the calendar today, I have 3 full weeks and 2 half weeks left at work- 22 days including the rest of this week! But I've so much to do still, I echo MrsK's "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Bookwrm I hope your appointments go well too!

MrsK - the one on the right looks like teal to me - was that the color your DH chose? If paint color is the one thing he is insisting on regarding items for Teddy, you might want to consider letting him win unless you feel strongly about it.

DrMum - glad your appointment went well.

I have approximately 3 weeks before maternity leave. I know I have a lot to do but I actually don't feel like do anything. The only thing that makes me move is the thought of how to get things done after he has dropped into the pelvis!

Hi everyone! Hope the week is going well for you. I'm catching up on the posts and FB. I saw there was a post about what to pack in the hospital bag. I just wanted to share it on here since I talked to so many moms at the last birth circle meeting I went to and got lots of advice. Also, I just finished packing my bags so I'm ready and hopefully not missing anything.

There are three bags that you will need packed: labor bag, dad bag and a post birth bag.

The Labor Bag
copies of birth plan
glasses/contacts
small notepad with pen
roll of quarters and some ones
snacks and water bottle
birth ball
book
pillow
robe
nightgown
socks and slippers
shower shoes
baby book-for first footprint

Dad Bag
book/nook
camera
bathing suit
pajamas
towel
socks and slippers
underwear
change of clothes
toiletries
shower shoes

Post Birth Bag
phone chargers
going home outfit
nursing bra
baby's going home outfit
baby's picture outfit
receiving blanket
baby socks/mittens
baby hat/cap
burp cloth
breast feeding pillow

Initially I had more on the lists but found out through my hospital what they will provide once I am there in the hospital. They will give me essential items like baby supplies: diapers, wipes, clothes, hat and blankets for baby to use while at the hospital. They also provide cheer throw away underwear for mom with the large pads and a supply to go home. nipple cream and towels. The hospital gave me a very short list. Some items I didn't include were make-up since I don't wear any. I should also mention that you should always carry your wallet with you so you have your ID when you go into the hospital. Hopefully this will help serve as a template in case you haven't packed your bags.

MrsK - the one on the right looks like teal to me - was that the color your DH chose? If paint color is the one thing he is insisting on regarding items for Teddy, you might want to consider letting him win unless you feel strongly about it.

That's the one he likes. We both thought the other was way too dark. I'm pretty willing to let him win this one, but he's not :dohh:

Can you just let him choose another teal and pretend to love it? Unless you really REALLY hate it that is.

It might come to that, Bookity! He's determined to find one we both like, but I think we just aren't going to both love a color.

MrsK: I hope he can compromise soon or that you both stumble upon one you agree on. I wouldn't know what to do if we had to decorate an entire room for baby. Since we are co-sleeping baby stuff is in our room and will be for at least a year or two so I won't have to worry about getting a room ready for our bundle anytime soon.
Anyone else getting painful BH? I had a few while on our baby moon and it sucked. It scared DH more than me, I don't know how he will react once real labor hits. Really hoping he doesn't freak out like he did when I got painful BH or else I will be on my own for labor. =(

Mrs.K i'm with Bookity on this one just fake it with the next color he showa you to get it over with.

Mommasquirrel those are great ideas for the hospital bag I wasn't sure what to bring.

I'm excited, nervous,, tired, and ready for all of this to be over

WB Momma, I hope the getaway was relaxing! I've been getting more frequent and more painful BH lately. Especially if I haven't been paying attention to my water intake. DH has been nervous, but I know they are BH so not worried. Getting to be annoying when I'm walking down the hall at work though!

Also for the bags, I highly recommend unscented lotion & lip balm. Hospitals really dry me out :(

Oh yes, I forgot about lip gloss and lotion! And you need it during labour too. Thanks for the reminder!

Some good ideas for labour/hospital bags. I haven't packed anything yet. I don't want to go overboard, and I know from experience packing for trips, if I start now, half my house will be going with us.
I haven't had any BH contractions. I was sort of expecting them, but nothing so far as I can tell.

bucherworm: BH start off with the top of your belly getting really firm. I started having them around 26 weeks or so. It mostly happens to me while I am walking and I feel like everything gets tight down there and a pressure in my cervix. They started to get stronger and hurt more as the weeks passed. The most recent ones that happened 2 days ago were so intense I doubled over and had to pant to get through them. I'm sure you've had some but haven't noticed them possibly. I think I am just super sensitive to any pressure in my cervix so I feel lots of movement now that baby has engaged. Fingers crossed this little one waits until after Valentines day to arrive.
Oh yea, if you get dehydrated you can cause BH to come on.

Hmmm now i'm wondering if I had my first BH this morning.... The top of my belly was really painful for a short time, and that was it. I am so not observant of this stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->