2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

MrsK: I didn't even think about using washcloths.... sounds like a good idea.

I got the lactation cookie recipe from here: https://www.milkinmamas.com/lactation-cookie-recipe/

Lactation Cookies**
2 Tablespoons flax seed meal

4 Tablespoons water

1 cup butter, soften to room temperature

1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar

2 eggs, room temperature

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat)

3-4 Tablespoons brewer’s yeast

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

3 cups rolled oats

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl, combine the flax seed meal and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl or stand-up mixer, beat butter and brown sugar well.
Add eggs and beat well.
Add flax seed mixture and vanilla, beat well.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda & salt.
Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mix well.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto baking tray.
Bake 12 minutes.
Cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Be creative and try these variations or additions:

1 teaspoon cinnamon
flaked or shredded coconut
dried cranberries, cherries, apricots or raisins
white chocolate chips

I ended up cooking them for 14 minutes, we like crisp cookies here. I quadrupled the batch..It's soo much!! In hindsight I'd only double it. Well I made four different kinds of cookies. One with shredded coconut and dark chocolate, one with raisins and cranberries, one with dark chocolate and milk chocolate, the last is with dark chocolate and peanut butter chips. I baked two of each to have a taste test with DH. I only used 4 cups of brown sugar for the 4 batches..I don't like things too sweet. It was perfect. =-)

Now I am at the point of trying the freeze them...wish me luck!!

I'm thinking I need to make some of these cookies too :) they sound yummy! I'll likely leave the dried fruit out of them though for the variations... Chocolate chips however...

My brother and SIL use washcloths. I'll be honest, a lot of what I'm doing, I'm just taking their advice because it seems to work, and I don't have any better ideas :)

Those sound pretty good. Are they like oatmeal cookies? If they are, dried cranberry and white chocolate are a killer combination. I'll take those over chocolate chip cookies any day (yeah, I'm a weirdo). Thanks for sharing!

Ladies, I am so freaking tired. I've been getting bad sleep lately, I can't get comfortable. DH called from the grocery store to ask about dinner, and I was feeling nice and perky and offered to cook. By the time he was home for half an hour, I was suddenly so wiped out I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had to nap for a couple hours to work up the energy to order a pizza. I'm finally starting to wake up a bit, but I'm still glad I'm not cooking. I don't think I've had enough to eat or drink today, I'm sure that's not helping my energy level any. Seems like I can go out and do something every other day, and then the next day I'm useless.

Got some things done the last couple of days. Finished washing all of the baby clothes yesterday and put them all away today. Finally got to buy the letters I wanted to hang up for the baby's room. I didn't end up with the whole name, but bought the first name and last name initial. I painted them white today, and should be putting them up tomorrow, along with the decals.
Bought some breast pads yesterday, and ordered a few nursing bras. I got three for 2, and they were on sale. Good deal for the beginning I think. They are all stretchy, and I haven't grown at all through the whole pregnancy, so who knows what's going to happen once milk comes in. At least I will have something to wear.
I have an appointment this Thursday with the MW. My mother is planning on coming and we're thinking of going to wal-mart after for her to buy me a thing or two for baby. :winkwink:
I also finally have my baby shower on Sunday. I'm looking forward to that, and am excited to see what kinds of things we get. Family day is the day after, which is a day off for most people, so it will be a good day to go through everything and see what odds and ends we need.
Things seem to be going fast. Can't believe baby could be here in a few short weeks!

I don't really believe that heartburn means baby has lots of hair because both of my boys were born with tons of hair and I never had heartburn once! :shrug: no heartburn again this time either, still being sick though which is annoying!

In other news, I'm 37 weeks today! :happydance:
I'm back to the hospital today for another scan and monitoring, I was there yesterday for monitoring due to reduced movements from little miss for the 2nd time, the doctor is talking about possibly inducing me this week for this reason! So I'm desperately trying to get organised.. Eek!

I'm much more inclined to look at genetics for amount of hair at birth. I think it's simply comforting to consider heartburn as the price to pay for a babe with lots of locks.

The cookies were a success for me but I did alter mine a bit. I put in tons of cinnamon, ginger and some nutmeg. In the end mine ended up being a little cakey but I don't mind. I have about 3 dozen of each kind in the freezer and made a dozen of each that are just calling my name. DH is excited because he loves them. This is odd because he hates sweets.

MrsK: I completely understand about the waves of exhaustion. My doctor told me it's growth spurts in the end. Since baby is putting on more and more weight I will find myself fighting to stay awake. I've had a few good days with bursts of energy to get stuff done but I know it's not going to last. Sleeping is a challenge so far. I wake up every few hours from baby kicking/jabbing me. Just remember, it gets better. Before long, our babes will be born and we'll be able to establish some schedules for eating/sleeping and hopefully find time to sneak in a nap or two. :hugs:

bucherworm: Isn't it refreshing to have that all done now? I keep thinking my to do list is almost done..If baby came today, I'd be okay.

I agree that it's all genetics for the hair baby has. I was born with a mass of curls while DH was as bald as an eagle. I wonder if baby will take more after me or him. I was so cute and chunky with big dark eyes and a double chin, lol. DH was really ugly. He looked like an alien..massive head, tiny limbs and a beer gut. lol I guess 3 lbs can make a baby look more attractive. Although, he still looked ugly until he reached 3-4 years old. It was like his body never really caught up to his head. lol
Is it bad that I want baby to be cute? I mean what do you expect people to say if baby comes out and you yourself do a double take then say, please put it back...it's not done baking yet. hah!!

Lol, I totally get it, mommasquirrel. I know we'll love our babies no matter what, but there's nothing like that feeling of basking in the genuine coos of adorement from others or looking back at super cute pics of your little one from his early days. I can't resist sharing one of my favorite pics of DD from when she was only a couple weeks old. ME WANT 'NOTHER BABY NOW!

Attachments

• IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 4
She is so cute. I love it! I can't wait to see what your son will look like. I'm super excited and can't wait to meet my little person ugly or not, lol.

Supposedly some scientists set out to disprove the hair and heartburn thing, and discovered that there is a hormonal link. Obviously it's not a guarantee, though! I can't wait to see how hairy this guy is, I've had heartburn practically from day 1.

I think it's normal to want a cute baby. Obviously healthy comes first, but who wouldn't want their baby to be cute? I don't want my friends reenacting that Seinfeld episode with the ugly baby! I think Teddy's going to take after DH. It seems more common for babies to look like their dads, and in the last ultrasound, it looked like they have similar profiles. I haven't seen tiny newborn photos of DH, but from what I've seen, we were both cute but not notably so. I think my cutest baby phase was early toddler, about a year or so. I can't wait to see Teddy. I'm glad we decided not to do a 3D scan, I'm enjoying the suspense.

We have midwife and OB again today, I hope we get some news on this growth scan. Nobody called to update, so I assume there's no terrible emergency news. I have knit night tonight, too. Maybe I'll get home and find a painted nursery... If not, I swear I'm doing it myself, even if it kills my back.

My mom said my brother, her first born, looked like an alien when he was born, lol. She said she told my dad and he thought the same thing, but he certainly wasn't going to say anything before she did. Apparently he looked normal quite quickly, but I looked perfect when I was born.
I'm hoping for a cute one, too. I have done those baby things, where you put your picture in and someone elses picture in to see what comes out. It hasn't been good results, so hopefully the real thing is cuter!

Love the hair on your little on, Frenchy! Hubby (Greek) and I (mostly French Canadian) were both born with loads of hair, as was DD, so I will be really surprised if this guy comes out bald. I love babies with hair!!!!! That first view of your baby is just amazing. I can't wait to see what he looks like :)

When I first saw DD her hair really shocked me: it was very curly and matted down with lots of goo. It took a couple baths for it to straighten out, but I never knew what to do with it! I didn't use any barrettes for the first couple months because I was afraid that she would eat them. I kinda piled her hair on her head in a faux-hawk kind of style. I tried to Google baby haircuts, but all I got were like toddler beauty pagent sites... very creepy.

Have to share my DD's crazy baby hair. This is when she was about 3.5 months old. She has two swirls on the top of her head so her hair stood straight up like that until she was about 9 months old when it was finally heavy enough to stay down lol.

Attachments

• Kal.PNG
    Kal.PNG
    183.2 KB · Views: 8
Just finished up with the midwives and OB. The growth scan measurements were all within a week or so of gestational age. We're still getting weekly NST tests just in case, but we are officially released from OB care! I told her I'm looking forward to never seeing her again ;)

Adorable piccies ladies! I couldn't help adding my little baldy!

I've had horrendous heartburn with all my pregnancies, but DS was bald and so was our little angel baby. I'm very interested in seeing what this baby looks like. I hope her hair doesn't grow in like DS's did because he had a serious faux hawk until he was almost 2, the only hair that grew was in a strip right on the top! Hi first haircut was just before his 2nd birthday and they didn't even bother charging us because there wasn't really anything to cut and he sat so still it was less than 5 minutes! DH and I both had a lot of straight dark almost black hair when we were born though.

That's great news MrsK!

Attachments

• 6_7 months..jpg
    6_7 months..jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1 year.jpg
    1 year.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3
Great news mrsk! I bet you are so relieved. Hope that nursery is painted when you get home!

Gosh I just love the baby pics! Both our son and daughter had loads of hair at birth so I'm sure this one will as well. DS had his first hair cut around 2 weeks old as people kept thinking he was a girl!

I have OB and scan tomorrow and that should be my last trip to their office, as the week after all my care is on fetal assessment and then delivery the week after that. I swear my car will autopilot to the OBs car park forever now...!

So we plan to move into the apartment in the city this weekend. Although I now am flapping about trying to pack up some essentials for self catering like tea, coffee, breakfast cereal etc. not quite so relaxing trying to plan a self catering vacay whilst heavily preggo.... At least only 2 more days at work to go :)

Two weeks tomorrow! It feels like an eternity in one way but so near in another!

I love that little mohawk! I wouldn't mind if Teddy decided to show up with one! My nephew was early, so he still had lots of fuzzy lanugo. He had muttonchops, looked just like my brother. It was hilarious.

I can't believe how close we're all getting! We had our birth plan meeting today. The midwives' policies and defaults match up very well with our preferences, so we won't have to do much actual birth plan writing. I just want something for DH and our doula to refer to. My GBS came back negative, which is a huge relief. No IV! It's been a good day, medically speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->