2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

You American mamas are amazing. They kick you out the door pretty quickly!
I have to say that the La Leche League is much more developed there, and you can get more general support for breastfeeding. When I say that I plan on BFing, I get a lot of looks, ranging from pity to scoffing, all saying the same thing, "good luck!"

Yeah, I really want that first week or two to bond and recover and figure out breastfeeding and get the dogs used to having a baby in the house. A couple brief visits from people I can greet in my pajamas (and who the dogs know) will be ok, but I definitely don't want to actually host. Once we're past the really crazy stage, we can start having people over now and then. I figure nobody expects anything of me at the hospital ;) And they can bring me real food.

You American mamas are amazing. They kick you out the door pretty quickly!
I have to say that the La Leche League is much more developed there, and you can get more general support for breastfeeding. When I say that I plan on BFing, I get a lot of looks, ranging from pity to scoffing, all saying the same thing, "good luck!"

There's a part of me that really wishes we could just stay in the hospital where we have all that help for awhile ;) The bed sucks, though, and I'm sure it's annoying getting checked on all the time. We get to stay in our fancy room til someone else goes into labor and needs it (there are two of them, and they like to have one open if they aren't both in use for labor), and it sounds like usually you get the first day but rarely the full 48 hours after birth, so we may end up going home rather than switching to a normal recovery room. I guess we'll just play it by ear.

You'd think the French would appreciate the importance of choosing the right dairy for the job at hand ;)

And they can bring me real food.

lmao YES!! this neeeds to be a requirement for visiting lol

It definitely will be at the hospital! Forget the flowers, bring me some chicken nuggets! I have a bunch of frozen meals at home, so I'm not as worried about people bringing food in that case, though I certainly won't turn down any offers.

My brother showed up at L&D a couple hours after Warren was born. I was less than pleased but put on a happy face. I had no idea, no warning he was coming.

Hello everyone, I had my little girl on 7th march at 11.30am weighing 7lb 4oz I will update with a birth story and a picture when i can x

Congratulations!!! :)

I'm in hospital at the moment, gown on, waiting for section... wondering whether we are team pink or team blue..! Although obviously team healthy is main priority. :)

So many new babies, exciting!
Looking forward to your boy finally showing up, MrsK, especially since I think we started out as due date buddies.
My due date changed a while back, so today (March 10) is my new official day. It was originally March 4, but if you take my LMP date I think it's the end of February, even though I know for sure that's wrong. I think most accurate is the 7th, which is what I based my ticker on. It's starting to seem like I've been pregnant forever. I'm not sure if this baby is ever going to come. I haven't been sleeping well any more either, and I know it's going to be tough when baby comes, but this is just annoying.
Good luck to the ladies next in line for babies to come.

Good luck, Kealz!

Bucherwurm, I hope things start for you soon.

These on and off contractions are making me crazy. They woke me up this morning, then started spreading again when I got out of bed :( And DH woke up when I got up, so now we'll both be tired all day. He got the tub squeaky clean for me, so I'm going to have some breakfast and then take a bath and see what happens. Midwife at 1! I was terrified of labor yesterday, but now I just want these damn contractions to either go away or DO SOMETHING. Hoping for real labor to start today or tomorrow, or I may just see if DH will do an at home c section with his new chef's knife ;)

Hi all! Just wanted to let everyone know that Blake Samuel arrived at 8:20 am last Tuesday March 3rd by repeat c-section . He was 8lbs 9 oz. and 21.5 inches. He is doing great and nursing like a champ!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
Congrats Redskins!! Cutie

MrsK, sorry! I know exactly what you are going through, I had contractions like that for a week before I was induced with DS. It really plays with your head and emotions. I really hope you are able to get things going!

Ohh such a cute pic. Yawning away. Congratulations.

Mrsk I've got my fingers crossed for you. You've waited long enough. It's your time :) you've been so patient.

What an adorable baby. Love the name, my DH has a identical twin named Blake.
MrsK: Hoping that the cramps lead to something today. my OB couldn't even do a sweep but I am now 1 cm dilated which is progress and we have an induction date/time scheduled. I get to check into the hospital on Monday evening and Tuesday morning we will try pitocin if contractions don't get strong enough on their own. I'm ready yet nervous at the same time. I'm sending some labor dust your way. Hope you can meet your little person soon. Now that I have a day/time I feel a little less nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->