2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Good luck Momma! I say girl, about 6 1/2lbs.

And hope everyone who's still waiting is doing ok! I've been reading, but kind of scatterbrained so it's hard to keep mental track.

We're doing ok over here. Nursing is stressful but we're getting the hang of it. We have the pediatrician tomorrow, so I'm hoping she thinks Teddy looks good and is gaining (or at least not losing) appropriately. I missed out on the infamous Day 4 Hormones, but I have a feeling they may make an appearance today. Or maybe I'm just scared of DH going back to work on Wednesday.

Good luck momma hope all goes well.

I'm going to register Liam tomorrow afternoon :D

Has anyone else had any probs with baby being sick? Midwives don't seem to wanna help me and I'm getting concerned as its defo not normal. When baby was born he was on aptamil and for around 4days he wasn't keeping his milk down n he was projectile vomiting fetching loads up in one go I swapped him to cow n gate n it seemed to settle down, but now I'm finding every few days he will do it again fetching all his milk up not only that but he's always got wind it's almost impossible to get him wind free I honestly don't know where he gets it all from and struggle getting it up so he crys in pain from it a lot. Also we noticed his sick has yellow in it wen he's fetching a lot back.

George is sick after every feed. It's not a lot but it's every time. I mentioned it to the health visitor but she didn't seem concerned as he is putting on weight.

Liam is putting on weight but I think there's something to it for it to be a lot and have yellow in.

That seems like a lot mummysmurf. Did you have an appointment coming up? Maybe it is an allrrgy, you might need to switch formulas until you find one that agrees with him. It good he is still gaining though!

My next apt is Wednesday,they was going to discharge me from midwife care Sunday just gone but didn't as he hadn't got back to birth weight. I'm thinking of trying a lactose free formula see if that changes anything.

My first spit up a LOT, but was not fussy and was gaining wonderfully. Her ped just said she was a "happy spitter". Hopefully that's all there is to it with George too.

Posted on FB:

Well, I think something might be happening. I went for a check yesterday and the midwife said baby wasn't low enough to be able to feel the other side of the cervix, so she couldn't do a sweep, but she thought maybe 1-2cm dilated. I left feeling disappointed and sad, as we were approaching induction. This morning I had one of my bathroom breaks and was crampy and felt a small gush. I didn't think it would be anything so I went back to bed hopeful, but not really thinking it would be happening. I couldn't sleep so I sat up and played around on my e-reader. When I got up again for the bathroom I felt a bigger gush and was very wet when I got there. I called the midwife almost half an hour ago, and sent my husband off to work. I've been having pains for almost 4 hours. Seems promising. Hoping for a St. Patrick's day baby!

Sounds promising bucherwurm! Fingers crossed this is it and you have a st Patrick's baby!!

Wish this lo would show some signs of coming soon. Feeling like I'll go way overdue. Not even convinced I've had any BH, the bump is so compact and movement makes it feel tight.

Come on babies!! Good luck Bucher. Momma a hope baby has arrived or will be makibg an appearance soon.

Bump you might be having BH and just aren't recognizingbthem. When your bump gets tight that is probably it, they were not painful for me at all with my first and I mistook them for baby doing jumping jacks or "starfish".

I hope these babies don't keep you waiting much longer ladies!

I had Rebecca weighed today and she now weighs 8lb 4oz - she was 6lb 3oz at birth! I'm so pleased that she's doing well, it's hard to know how much they're having when breastfeeding and it's easy to start doubting whether they're having enough.

Thanks foosh, I hope I have. I thought maybe I had had one or two at least. Almost everytime it tightens the babies bottom (I've assumed it's this) sticks up and out. Aha maybe I'm just assuming they aren't them like you did. It's good to hear how it was for you.

Glad Rebecca is doing so well loozle!

Also posted on FB:

Small update: Midwife was here again. More antibiotics. Baby's heart is still fine. She did a check and said she feels baby's head (and hair) and I am 2 cm. It doesn't seem like much progress from yesterday, but she could feel the baby! She just called to let me know we can go in any time to start an oxytocin drip. My husband will be home in an hour, so I guess we will probably leave soon after that. It's been almost 12 hours since the waters have started leaking and that I've been up, so I'm going to have a quick shower and food and try to rest before we leave.

Good luck Bucherwurm!

Bump, I didn't think I was feeling BH until late, either. I never had them with any kind of regularity. I did go a week over, but at least it wasn't forever.

We had our first outing today. We went to the pediatrician, and Teddy looks great. He's already an ounce and a half over his birth weight! I have to use a nipple shield for now, but it's good to know breastfeeding is going well otherwise. We also stopped to pick up our corned beef from my brother's shop. He seems to like the car ok, he basically slept the whole time.

Tomorrow DH goes back to work. I'm a little nervous, but I think we'll manage.

Hi ladies!

I'm finally out of the maternity care: 4 nights is a long time to be away from house and home. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, even though it will only be 1-2 hours at a time.

James was born at 2:54 pm on March 13th. I had been hurting and having irregular contractions the day before, but they really picked up at night. We went in at 3 am, but I was only 2 cm and the contractions were too irregular to stay. We came home around 6 am, and even on the way home they started picking up. We went back at 9 am and I was 5 cm and so they kept me. I had my epidural and waters broken around 12 and I had a bit of picotin to get the last couple centimeters. Pushing only took about 15 mins and then I had my beautiful man placed on my chest! It all went really smoothly. I can say that laboring during the daylight hours is so much more pleasant than during the middle of the night, like I did with DD.

Nursing is going well since my milk came in on day 3. But this engorgement is crazy! I can only sleep on my back, which is at least a change from only on the sides during pregnancy. James is already back to birth weight and he likes to sleep a lot!

Congrats to all the other mamas, and peace and lots of comfort to those still waiting for their babes.

Attachments

• 16894_10100355224174738_5840777101713182374_n.jpg
    16894_10100355224174738_5840777101713182374_n.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm officially being induced bc of high blood pressure (but not pre-e or anything too bad)! I'm still only 1cm dilated. Soo in a couple of hours we're headed to the hospital to have cervidil placed overnight. Then early in the morning they'll start pitocin and break my water. This time tomorrow I could be holding my baby boy. I'm terrified and excited all at the same time!

Good luck bucherwurm and mkyerby!! So exciting that you'll soon have your babies to hold.

Congrats frenchie what a cutie. Glad all went smoothly.

Thanks mrsk, a week overdue wouldn't be bad. Its just hard waiting :). Glad to gear Teddy's appointment went well. You'll do great when your hubby goes back. Don't be nervous. :)

Congrats Frenchie, he's beautiful!

Bucher I hope you have your baby girl now and figure out her name!

Good luck Mkyerby! So exciting to know you will meet you LO soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->